PDA

View Full Version : A Different Look 2000 pt WE Army

northwoodDreamer
28-01-2007, 17:43
OK, I'm just seeing what people think of this list in general. Admittedly I'm probably trying too many different things with this list. Here's the list:

Highborn w/ The Rhymer's Harp, Annoyance of Netlings, Light Armour, Great Weapon @ 254 pts

Noble w/ Great Eagle, Hail of Doom Arrow, Light Armour, Spear, Shield @ 161 pts

Noble w/ Battle Standard Bearer, Light Armour @ 92 pts

Branchwraith w/ Level 1, A Cluster of Radiants @ 140 pts

22 Eternal Guard w/ Full Command, War Banner @ 319 pts
(4 rows of 6, BSB and Highborn in this unit)

10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts

8 Drayds @ 96 pts
(Obviously with Branchwraith)

3 Warhawk Riders
(Eagle Support Unit)

7 Wardancers

1 Treeman

1 Treeman

Total = 1998 pts, 3 Power Dice, 4 Dispel Dice, 2 Bound Spells

So obviously the idea is that the Eternal Guard hold the middle. A Treeman is to each side probably. The Drayds and Wardancers then support the Treemen while the Glade Guard thin oncoming units. The Eagle and Warhawks go hunting for Wizards, Warmachine Crews, and Shooters. Obviously this list has some huge weaknesses. For instance, my BSB has a 6+ Armour Save and a 5+ Ward Save. He's dead meat. Also this list features a very minimal amount of units. Any ideas?

P.S. I love my Eagle Noble even though he may not be best buy for his points.

mightygnoblar
28-01-2007, 17:53
eagle nobles are fine so long as you give them some protection, id go for the stone of crytal mere, eternal guard with rhymers can be brutal, but id either give the annoyance of netlings to the bsb, or give him the amber pendant so that he can attack first and reduce the number of attacks coming his way
another problem is that it may be a bit small as you've said and so your bound to get out magiced out numbered or out shot