PDA

View Full Version : Can you

Bhorden
28-01-2007, 17:21
Can you do stuff like put a fire warrior on a large base and have him looking through a set of bunoculars with his pulse rifle on the ground next to him and then in a battle use him for a fire warrior.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
28-01-2007, 17:27
p6, rulebook, Bases.

and somewhere in the Tau codex should be a rule that says weapons and equipment must be shown on the model.

as both those are OK, then why not?

i mean, your opponent could always say "no", just like they could refuse to play you if your models were painted blue, or if you used any vehicles, or whatever other reason they felt like. but the rules say its OK. ;)

~ Tim

Exterminatus
28-01-2007, 17:39
I think you can, no problemo

OuberNoob
28-01-2007, 17:47
You Can i think should look quite cool aswell.

Bhorden
28-01-2007, 17:54
Thanks i really wasnt sure if it would be allowed thanks

OuberNoob
28-01-2007, 17:57
Once you have done it I wouldnt mind seeing a picture.

Bhorden
28-01-2007, 19:16
Yeah sure ill try and do it as fast as i can.

Clang
28-01-2007, 19:27
There may be the occasional argument re prone (i.e. lying down) and even kneeling models, because they are by definition lower than standing models, thus such a model may be 'hidden' behind very low cover - so can such a model be targetted like the rest of the unit, and can it fire at anything the rest of the unit can see? It's vital to sort this out _before_ a game, rather than in the middle of that vital turn 5 when the outcome of the game is at stake.

My personal preference is to either:
- have the model lying/kneeling on a rock/box/whatever modelled onto its base, so that it's the same overall height as a standing model
- or have a bit of standiing-model-height terrain (tree/girder/pillar/whatever)on the model's base, and explain to your opponent that this counts as the model's height for all rules purposes and its actual pose is purely for decorative purposes

Maus
28-01-2007, 19:30
(aside: can you give threads titles that reflect their content better?)

My_Nose_Is_Big
28-01-2007, 19:36
you can do this, but realize that it is easier to charge the fire warrior then (not that it makes such a big difference, but you can't say I didn't warn you :P)

Cirenivel
28-01-2007, 19:41
you can do this, but realize that it is easier to charge the fire warrior then (not that it makes such a big difference, but you can't say I didn't warn you :P)

but it also means that it can shoot further:p

Cirenivel

Lord Malek The Red Knight
28-01-2007, 23:24
but it also means that it can shoot further
only sideways/backwards/after disembarking. :p

~ Tim

Mr_Smiley
29-01-2007, 02:47
but it also means that it can shoot further:p

Cirenivel

It can also be shot easier, the advantages of using a bigger base are the same as the disadvantages.

The Dude
29-01-2007, 05:00
There may be the occasional argument re prone (i.e. lying down) and even kneeling models, because they are by definition lower than standing models, thus such a model may be 'hidden' behind very low cover

This was all cleared up with the definition in the BGB of Unit Size vs Model Size.