PDA

View Full Version : Titans pictures, more more more!

Mojaco
17-07-2005, 00:59
Hello,

I'm having a hard time finding cool fluff pictures from all sizes of Titans, especially the real big ones (Imperator and Warmonger class). Model pictures are fine too (though the current Epic range is well-known), although I want them for a piece of fluff in the future, so drawings are cooler.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hellebore
17-07-2005, 02:08
There are very few illustrations of titans available, the only modern one I can think of (apart from the TITAN comic strip) is the cover of EPIC with a warlord in the background.

THe sizes people attribute to titans is just stupid, people have made 40k 'scale' warlords standing 4 feet tall, almost 2x taller than they should be.

When the imperator titan was released it was described as being between 40 and 65 metres tall (132 and 214.5 feet respectively for the metrically challenged), while the warhound was much smaller.

If you compare the forgeworld warhound to these measurements, you can see that a warlord could not possibly be 4 feet tall- as the warhound is only 25 centimetres tall. As a Warlord is approximately 2.5 X the height of a warhound this puts it at about 63 centimetres tall (2 feet as apposed to 4 feet).

Titans are huge, but not ridiculously so, and people seem to have an over inflated sense of size with them.

I think it is because of the size of the miniatures- a 7 foot marine at about 30 mm doesn't look very small against a 250 mm warlord yet it is 8.3 X its height, making the warhound 58.3 feet tall (or 17.67 metres). That is ENORMOUS.

But little toy soldiers do not convey such size accurately.

hellebore
(Back on topic- check out any old EPIC material for pictures of titans :p )

TenTailedCat
17-07-2005, 02:39
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3734/titan13yz.jpg

Best I could come up with I'm afraid, courtesy of Jes Goodwin.
Sorry about the edges being chopped off, the book (Gothic and the Eldritch) is too big to really fit my A4 scanner.

There are more (two scout Titans and a page with sketches of the Princeps and crew) I can scan them in later if you want them, Imageshack is being a bitch at the moment.

Mojaco
17-07-2005, 07:52
Thanks, but I have that book too somewhere, and I wouldn't want you to ruin the book's binding. I completly forgot about that book.

I seriously doubt that any Warmonger pics even exist...

O, and I've seen those stupid 4 feet Titans, but applied the same logic you just did and came up with... 2 feet! :) So I've got my scale right. I've got a topic about my Titan in Painting & terrain

Sojourner
17-07-2005, 08:01
I personally prefer Titans being absolutely vast things - I'd personally make a Warlord at least four feet tall and probably much larger, but it doesn't seem to fit with the background.

Oh well...

Nazguire
17-07-2005, 08:27
I personally prefer Titans being absolutely vast things - I'd personally make a Warlord at least four feet tall and probably much larger, but it doesn't seem to fit with the background.

Oh well...

Same. I prefer them to be huge beasts of destruction, not small gundam wing things.

It makes the mental image of the Battle of Gryphon IV so much better :evilgrin: