PDA

View Full Version : Obscure mention of a 7th Craft World in 2nd Eddition?

Strikerkc
17-07-2005, 01:42
So me and a friend of mine are throwing around army ideas, and I bring up doing an all vehicle Saim-Hann army, but painting it up as the 6th most recently mentioned one (the dark reaper craft world).

He suggests doing it as this craft world that was briefly mentioned in the 2nd edition codex Imperialis (he believes it was that book). The Craft world was out on the very edge of the galaxy and felt that all the other Craft Worlds were tainted by chaos.

Any have even the name of the craft world or any info on them?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
17-07-2005, 01:49
Er, there's a damn sight more than seven.

Biel-Tan, Ulthwé, Alaitoc, Altansar, Iyanden, Saim-Hann, Lugganath, Yme-Loc... and that's just the ones we've heard named. There's a lot more than seven. I put it in the two to three hundred region myself.

DantesInferno
17-07-2005, 01:51
Most strange of all is the Craftworld of Dorhai, which refuses to deal with other Craftworlds at all, believing themselves the only untainted survivors of the Fall and maintaining that other Craftworlds are infested with the seeds of Chaos.

That's all there is on the Craftworld of Dorhai that I can find, I'm afraid.

EDIT: And yeah, there are plenty of other Craftworlds other than the big five.

Tom
17-07-2005, 01:53
That's all there is, I'm afraid.

Your Codex-fu is impressive, DantesInferno.

Sounds interesting, actually. I can imagine it working with Saim-Hann or at least a similar style without the jetbikes. Certainly little to no Aspects.

DantesInferno
17-07-2005, 02:03
Your Codex-fu is impressive, DantesInferno.

Sounds interesting, actually. I can imagine it working with Saim-Hann or at least a similar style without the jetbikes. Certainly little to no Aspects.

"A big pile of GW publications is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

Yeah possibly no official Aspects whatsoever, considering they would presumably have probably no Webway contact with other Craftworlds, and hence would not have been visited by the famous Phoenix Lords who set up the major Aspects. Of course, they could well have their own equivalents of the major Aspects for gameplay purposes.

Strikerkc
17-07-2005, 02:13
Ah, Excelent... *taps finger tips together*

I've never been a fan of the standard aspect warrior eldar army. It actualy makes sense with list I would use (no aspects or real foot troopers. All vehicles).

Don't supose there was ever a color scheeme ascociated with them?

Delicious Soy
17-07-2005, 03:00
How has no one metioned Zandros of Terrifying Slicing Orbs fame? Another two a Meros and Ctho.

Lord-Warlock
17-07-2005, 10:44
And Abnett mentions Dolté in Ghostmaker.

gunhed
17-07-2005, 12:52
Apart from a name that sounds like a Starbucks coffee, did he mention what Dolte actually does?

And how the hell did you get the accent over the e? :confused:

*edit* don't bothér, I'vé susséd it out. :D

Jaq Draco
17-07-2005, 13:03
ahh yes the slicing orbs of Zandros how could i forget those

Brusilov
17-07-2005, 13:24
Personally if anything I'm waiting for more information on Altansar. Discussing about that topic two years ago at GD with Phil Kelly got me really excited on that matter and I sure hope the next big release is Eldar (sick and tired of bloody Space Marines, even Black Templars) and the Codex fully introduces them (Phil has been paving the way for that for years).

Lord-Warlock
17-07-2005, 14:45
Altansar makes for one of the nifties concepts in years - something along the lines of the Deathless Court in Eberron, I imagine ("positive" undead).

As for Dolthé, there wasn't much mentioned - the only thing we saw of them were a Farseer and a squad of Dire Avengers, though civilians were mentioned. The way in which the greeted the Tanith 1st might be perceived as a particular friendliness to humans... Then again it might not.

Sojourner
17-07-2005, 14:57
That would be interesting, Warlock. Another capricious and ruthless enemy is just so dull. a slightly more tolerant attitude to humans would be refreshing.

Not exactly 'friendliness' of course, but some compassion for that one race of many who on occasion seem a little less barbaric than all the others.

Strikerkc
17-07-2005, 15:03
Well, Dorhai is certainly the one I was looking for. The idea of an Eldar Craftworld that would openly fight against the others if they met is just to good for me to pass up. Also fits with the fluff that I wouldn't have aspect warriors (or really any foot troopers for that matter). All I need now is to decide on a paint scheeme and find the hundreds of dollars I'll need to make it :p.

Brusilov
17-07-2005, 15:35
The Eldar probably wanted something out of the Ghosts, didn't they? (don't remember that story) That's why they were so friendly. Eldar are not agressive toward humans IMHO unless their interests are at stake (and the Imperium often fails to see what those interests are, not that I'm justifying Eldar behaviour in any way, this 'we know better than thou' attitude gets on my nerves from time to time).

On the matter of Altansar, Phill Kelly mentioned of idea of damned Eldar fighting for the side of good. It may be something akin to what you mention (don't know that universe). To be precise he mentioned the Army of the Dead from LotR IIRC (not necessarily meaning they're literally ghosts though).

Delicious Soy
17-07-2005, 15:53
The Eldar probably wanted something out of the Ghosts, didn't they? (don't remember that story) That's why they were so friendly. Eldar are not agressive toward humans IMHO unless their interests are at stake (and the Imperium often fails to see what those interests are, not that I'm justifying Eldar behaviour in any way, this 'we know better than thou' attitude gets on my nerves from time to time). Yep the Eldar wanted someone to head of the massive chaos forces, so they tricked the humans forces that were nearby with devious witchcraft. Eldar find the Imperium distasteful, slow and blundering, but they are more concerned with chaos. Their 'we know better than thou' attitude is more "we know whats better for us, so we'll dupe or kill you as it suits"

On the matter of Altansar, Phill Kelly mentioned of idea of damned Eldar fighting for the side of good. It may be something akin to what you mention (don't know that universe). To be precise he mentioned the Army of the Dead from LotR IIRC (not necessarily meaning they're literally ghosts though).I thought I read somewhere that Altansar did pull an "army of the dead" in the summation of th EoT campaign. It does sound intriguing though. Until then I was under the impression that the few eldar who survived the Fall or subsequently fell to chaos worship and fled to the Eye, were almost at the daemonic level of slavery to their god (presumably most would fall to Slannesh). Phil Kelly has always struck me as something of an old style writer and I was very happy to learn he was in charge of Eldar (as unsurprising as it was)

MrBear
17-07-2005, 16:38
Is there not a craftworld or two mentioned in one of the Starship Macharius books? I´m not in a position to look it upp my self since I´m spending the summer 300 km from BL books

Inquisitor S.
17-07-2005, 17:36
If I remember it right at least one is mentioned there, however I didn't find its name and I seem to remember that it was destroyed.