PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of Orcs and Goblins, Trying to Get Back Into Fantasy

Dirty Fingers
28-01-2007, 21:16
Hi guys, trying to get back into fantasy and have been debating between Empire and O&G for some time...a debate i had years ago. anyway, here's my idea for O&G. Characters are cheap as far as items are concerned, because i wanted as many black orc leaders as i could hope to get my hands on

Black Orc Warboss
Martog's Best Basha, heavy armour and shield -goes into one of the Orc foot units

Black Orc Big Boss
Ulag's Akrit Axe, heavy armour, shield - goes into other Orc foot unit

Black Orc Big Boss
Porko's Pigstikka, heavy armour, shield, boar - goes with Boar Boyz

19x Orc Boyz unit with full command and two choppas.

19x Orc Boyz unit with full command and two choppas

30x Night Gobbos with Full command and 3x Fanatics

30x Night Gobbos with Full command and 3x Fanatics (i really, really love fanatics)

9x Boar Boyz Big Uns with Full Command

Boar Chariot

6x Wolf Riders with spears and full command

Rock Lobber

Doom Diver

Giant (couldn't help it).

This is really mosy just a list of stuff i liked/wanted to take. The fact that there are no squigs of any sort, Savage Orc Boys, Black Orcs, Stone Trolls, or Pump Wagons does however make me sad.... oh well, can't everything. That being said, have at it!

Braad
28-01-2007, 21:29
Drop Martog's Best Basha. I tried it, and it's not worth it, since you already have a S bonus on your choppa's and with this magic weapon you loose the armed to da teef rule, which in this case I consider not a good deal.

Also perhaps the banner that gives you extra dispell dice would be a nice addition, cause you'll get magicked to pieces if you face a magic-heavy army with this.

Also, just get more units, like the savvy boar boyz, squigs, blackies and so on. Then you don't have to be sad, and you can vary your army between battles, and keep it interesting for a long time.

I have 4600 points of painted O&G (4100 if I make it a valid army) at the moment (still growing) and usually I field between 1000 en 2000 point, everytime different. I think that is the most fun of all. My opponents never know what to expect.

Dirty Fingers
28-01-2007, 22:14
yargh! about the magic defense...

lol i wrote the whole list i forgot that it included a lv1. Night Goblin Shaman with two dispel scrolls. I just forgot to type it in.

Thanks for the heads up on Martog's. i just took it because it was super cheap for a magic weapon and seemed alright...but i forgot about Armed to Da Teef...still getting used to this army book. so thanks for that.

i can tell you one thing though, squigs are going to be the first thing in my army when i consider expanding/swapping.

Teach
29-01-2007, 11:37
Nice list but....Black Orcs bosses without a unit of their own...it looks like you try to get away with animosity. No? oh. No fun anways.

Braad
29-01-2007, 14:45
Well, Martog's basha is indeed a very cheap and nice weapon, but in my opinion only for gobbo's.

damiengore
29-01-2007, 17:10
I would be careful about putting a Black Orc BB in a boar boy unit, if they squabble they take D6 S5 hits and considering they are big uns you could lose a lot of points from something like that.

Martogs Basha is good on mounted heroes, where the +1 S really helps

Dirty Fingers
29-01-2007, 18:11
hmmm...didn't know that. new rule i suppose. perhaps i'll downgrade him to a regular old big boss then, considering that. thanks for the heads up.