PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaurs

The SkaerKrow
28-01-2007, 22:43
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I was looking for some perspective on how to handle Bull Centaurs in 7th Edition.

The Chaos Dwarf Army Book (army page?) appears to treat Bull Centaurs as being an Infantry unit in all respects (this is supported by the fact that they can take Additional Hand Weapons and actually have a special rule that grants them Unit Strength 2, instead of having a rule that classifies them as Cavalry).

This would be a simple enough issue if someone hadn't made the oversight of blanketing everything on a 25x50mm base in 7th Edition as "Cavalry." Following that line of thinking, Bull Centaurs suddenly have access to a weapon option which they can't even make use of (the additional hand weapon), and they're affected by magic which is intended to target animals and mounted troops (The Beast Cowers). Adding insult to injury, their Great Weapons also take a hit.

One other option is to run Bull Centaurs with the rules given for Centigors, since they're the only other Centaur creatures that currently exist in Warhammer Fantasy. This creatures a dangerous precedent though, borrowing special rules from a unit because it's similar to another.

My own gaming group has ruled in favor of the first option, that Bull Centaurs are infantry with US2, mounted on larger bases. I was curious however to get some perspective from other players on how they interpret this rules discrepancy, or how their groups have resolved it.

NakedFisherman
28-01-2007, 23:00
It's already been discussed here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57457&highlight=bull+centaurs).

The SkaerKrow
29-01-2007, 04:31
Doh! I ran back through nine pages of topics and somehow missed that. Thanks.