PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblar, the other green meat

Gn0b
29-01-2007, 01:59
ok, I play the special gnoblar army from white dwarf #303 (pgs 86-95), and I have been having trouble interpreting some of the rules.

1. The description says that "Gnoblar[s] that are not in combat, not fleeing, or is not subject to any compulsory movement must roll a d6 at the start of each turn, if they roll a one they can do nothing this turn. Now only one gnoblar unit in the army (gnoblar fighters) is listed as having this ability, but the rule seems to imply more than one target. Should i treat only the unit of gnoblar that have this abiliity stated as bickering, or should i assume that all gnoblar are effected by it?

2. similar situation with the largely insignificant rule, it says "Gnoblars do not cause panic if they are fleeing, break from combat, or are destroyed, even among other units of gnoblar". again, should i assume that only the fighters benefit from this abillity, or that all core units(the largely weak/unimportant center of my army) benefit from this rule?

3. Last but not least, the blood gnoblar are listed under the special choice section in the army list (brief box just saying the name/catagory) but are in the Rare section of the more detailed area.

Asuril
29-01-2007, 05:21
I believe 1 and 2 apply to all Gnoblar units, not just fighters. Make sure the Gnoblar Fighter's "ability" isnt actually an immunity to the animosity (as described in #1).

I dont have the magazine on me, so I can't verify this, but this should be correct.

Not sure what the deal is on #3, check for a rule fix on the Warhammer website.

Tutore
29-01-2007, 12:28
#1 and #2: all gnoblar units make a bickering test.

#3: it is unclear indeed, however I never saw anyone using this (useless) unit.