PDA

View Full Version : peep deez tomb kings 2250 pts

dominic_carrillo
29-01-2007, 02:49
im going to a tournament in april. i want you marvel at the power of the tomb kings here, in their undiluted glory.

General: Tomb King: Crown of the Kings, Great Weapon,
Hieropant: Liche Priest: Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar
Liche Priest: 2xDispel Scrolls
Liche Priest: Staff of Ravening, Skeletal Steed

24 Tomb Gaurd: Full Command, Icon of the Sacred Eye
3 Ushabti

2 Tomb Swarms
24 Skeleton Archers
20 Skeletons: Spears, shields full command, Light armor
3 Chariots: Standard, Banner of the Undying Legion
5 Skeletal Light Horsemen
5 Heavy Horsemen, Champion

Bone Giant
Screaming Skull Catapult: Skulls of the Foe

2248 points

dominic_carrillo
29-01-2007, 02:50
im hoping to bring home the glory for tomb kings players everywhere. please give me some feedback.

Makarion
29-01-2007, 07:16
Given that you don't want to dilute your inevitable glory, there's little we can add to help you.

If you happen to decide to change your army, you could consider dropping the light and heavy horsemen altogether (I'm not a fan), to get a second unit of chariots (maybe even 6 big), to move the banner on the chariots to the skeletons with spears and to add a war banner to the larger chariot unit, to consider replacing the tomb swarms and giant with 2 scorpions and a unit of 6 carrion... Just some random ideas :).

dominic_carrillo
29-01-2007, 20:45
i dont like to make big chariot units, they get bogged down too easily. the horsemen are used to flank, and the fast cavalry unit, combined with the priest on horseback can easily get up and behind the eenemy. i will consider the carrion idea though.

Makarion
29-01-2007, 22:11
*shrug* Why ask for feedback when you're convinced of your own ideas? Not saying I am always right (far from it...), but it seems a bit silly in the end.

Good luck all the same.

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 01:02
lol, this is mainly to show people a list that works. ive been playing this army since it came out

Deadseed
30-01-2007, 03:29
I kinda wish Tomb Kings were out when I started collecting my Vampires...I might have collected them instead. I just wish my Skeletons could have bows :P Plus Tomb Scorpions...come on.

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 07:32
the bows are cool, and tomb kings IMO are among the best looking models GW makes (the others being beastmen and dark elves). I just wish that we still had the Crown of Settra, which let the skeletons use the bearers WS & BS!!!
Skeleton Crossbowmen with BS 7

Deadseed
30-01-2007, 22:11
What about Queen Khalida? If I were to play Tomb Kings I'd totally use her.

dominic_carrillo
31-01-2007, 02:01
yeah she's cool. my group doesnt play with special characters though. i like WFB in that the special characters are really unique and powerful, whereas in 40K they are just normal HQ choices with one or two special powers.

forgottenlor
31-01-2007, 09:40
I'd be worried against an army like high elves or dwarves that would hurt me at range, since the army is slow, and except for the swarm you don't have much that can get across the board quickly.
For this reason I like carrion (who also can hurt your enemy marching wherever they want) and scorpions who can also be used to support your skeleton infantry against offensive armies.
Good luck, though! Let us know how your list does.