PDA

View Full Version : Theorylist - Lizzies

Jack of Blades
29-01-2007, 15:52
Hey folks :).

After replies in my topic in the Tactics subforum, I decided that Lizardmen are what I go. So heres my 2500 point theorylist, as a total goal for me to achieve, starting small.

Lords & Heroes:

Slann Mage-Priest. (Converted :D! will post pics when hes done, and I havent even bought him yet :/).
2nd Generation Spawning
The Divine Plaque of Protection
Plaque of Tepok
Bane Head (hehe... byebye ubercharacters)
Battle Standard Bearer
Totem of Prophecy
640 Points.

2 Skink Priests.
Cloak of Feathers
Blood Statuette of Spite
Scouts (So that I can eliminate said uberchar from turn 1 with the Slann)
280 Points.

Total Character Points: 870.

Core Units:

16 Temple Guard
Musician
Standard Bearer
Warbanner
Shields
334 Points.

13x2 Skink Skirmishers.
Blowpipes
Scouts
Braves
192 Points.

20x2 Saurus Warriors
Standard Bearers
Musicians
512 Points.

Total Core Units Points: 1042.

Special Units:

9 Chameleon Skinks
Stalker
141 Points.

3x2 Terradons
210 Points.

4 Kroxigor
232 Points.

Total Special Units Points: 583.

Rare Units:

None.

PD Pool & Total PD: 2/6
Individual Pool: 4(+1)/2/2.
Total DD: 6.
Total Points: 2499.
Total Model Count: 94.
Comments very welcome. The Slann stays as he is though. Ill probably be playing mainly against O&G, Empire, Bretonnia and Vampire Counts, but everyone else also of course.

Makarion
29-01-2007, 17:12
Other than the Temple Guard you have no static melee at all. Kroxigors are surely impressive, but a bog standard army of big blocks of infantry, probably with a BSB and a melee general for leadership somewhere nearby, with decent magic support (say, 2 lvl 2 wizards with 3 scrolls and 1 powerstone) will tax you. Your ability to resist cavalry is also limited.

Although you seem very worried about 'uber characters', you Slann is probably more uber than anything you'll meet in the field, and in a block of 16 Templeguard he's a huge amount of points in one basket. It's not impossible to beat, you know? Even though it will take a lot of effort, i'll grant you....

Personally, I feel that the Templeguard are just too expensive for what you get out of them, although I think that regular saurus warriors are a decent choice for elite infantry. As it is, you must hope that you can totally dominate the magic phase, because in the field you'll probably play for a draw.

I'm sorry if I sounded a big negative by the way. I'm just concerned that your grand plan has a built-in disappointment down the road.

Jack of Blades
29-01-2007, 17:18
Other than the Temple Guard you have no static melee at all. Kroxigors are surely impressive, but a bog standard army of big blocks of infantry, probably with a BSB and a melee general for leadership somewhere nearby, with decent magic support (say, 2 lvl 2 wizards with 3 scrolls and 1 powerstone) will tax you. Your ability to resist cavalry is also limited.

Although you seem very worried about 'uber characters', you Slann is probably more uber than anything you'll meet in the field, and in a block of 16 Templeguard he's a huge amount of points in one basket. It's not impossible to beat, you know? Even though it will take a lot of effort, i'll grant you....

Personally, I feel that the Templeguard are just too expensive for what you get out of them, although I think that regular saurus warriors are a decent choice for elite infantry. As it is, you must hope that you can totally dominate the magic phase, because in the field you'll probably play for a draw.

I'm sorry if I sounded a big negative by the way. I'm just concerned that your grand plan has a built-in disappointment down the road.

Im very well aware of that - and I tried two units of Saurus, but I figured theyd just be too expensive. I could possibly drop a pair of skink units and the jungle swarms and see what I can do...

I shortened some of my other stuff to add in 40 Saurus now, theyll probably be guarding the flanks and rear of my Slann and TG which will be standing on a hill for 7/8+ to CR before combat has started. And considering those 3 units pack the mainstay of my VPs, this forces my enemy to come get me, and with that I can ambush parts of the force with the rest and destroy everything in confusion... the way I like it.

With Ubercharacter, I mean things like a Bloodthirster, kitted out Vampires, Chaos lords on Dragons and stuff like that.

Makarion
29-01-2007, 17:44
Ah, yes. My general is on the whole around 150 points or so, which made your Slann seem pretty uber to me. Of course, I'm painting a converted gryphon (because it's such a sweet model), so maybe I'm sliding the way of uber as well - or at least as uber as Empire gets, which is likely not saying a whole lot :).

Jack of Blades
29-01-2007, 18:00
Hehe, :).

Im more into the Slann 'cause I believe Close Combat is too inefficient for you to have brutal characters in. Theres allways something that can or outright will kill you, so thats why I decided to go with the 2nd gen, uberkitted slann which is extremely hard to break!

And thats right, not a whole lot :D. But youve got quite some fun stuff. If I had more money, id very likely be collecting a 100% Sigmar-themed army. In fact, I think ill go and buy the Army Book (not codex you damn transvestites! :P) just to think up some ideas, like I usually do.

I like how Empire plays with Religious theme a real freaking lot, but no money.. sigh.

Von Wibble
29-01-2007, 18:57
Uber character like a bloodthirster. And you're facing empire, orc and goblins and brets? Am I the only one not seeing a contradiction here? Only the vampire lord qualifies as this. But then you haven't spent that much on this so I suppose that isn't a problem.

The list looks fine if you're OK with the huge risk on the slann and temple guard. Temple Guard die relatively easily to shooting (even with ward save). Once wiped out/ reduced to a few models a charge can tehn kill the rest and cut down a fleeing slann (stubborn doesn't apply if the units gone). Empire and Brets both can therefore deal with this. With nearly 1500vps for this it is well worth trying so assume the whole enemy army will make this effort. Why not just drop the Temple guard and keep the slann protected with your skinks - they can redirect offending charges away. Totem of prophecy wouldn't be needed either then.

Salamanders are one of the best units in the army. Take 2x2, and a small support unit of saurus would be my advice.

Jack of Blades
29-01-2007, 19:07
Uber character like a bloodthirster. And you're facing empire, orc and goblins and brets? Am I the only one not seeing a contradiction here? Only the vampire lord qualifies as this. But then you haven't spent that much on this so I suppose that isn't a problem.

The list looks fine if you're OK with the huge risk on the slann and temple guard. Temple Guard die relatively easily to shooting (even with ward save). Once wiped out/ reduced to a few models a charge can tehn kill the rest and cut down a fleeing slann (stubborn doesn't apply if the units gone). Empire and Brets both can therefore deal with this. With nearly 1500vps for this it is well worth trying so assume the whole enemy army will make this effort. Why not just drop the Temple guard and keep the slann protected with your skinks - they can redirect offending charges away. Totem of prophecy wouldn't be needed either then.

Salamanders are one of the best units in the army. Take 2x2, and a small support unit of saurus would be my advice.

The ''all eggs in one basket'' approach is exactly what I intend to do. Wheres he safer - on a hill with 16 temple guard and 40 saurus with all those bonuses, or in a unit of 13 skinks? And also a Bretonnian army can create potentially powerful characters. My Empire enemy for example, uses a Pegasus for his lord thingy, and so he might just figure out if he flies to my rear and challenges my slann, ill probably die after a while... if he gives him the Runefang. Thats why I want to nuke him before he gets there.

I love Salamanders... yes, I very much do, but with the Slann I cant take 2x2, and I dont really want to drop anything for taking them. Ive got enough ranged power allready.

Oh, and how is my enemy going to survive intact towards the opposite edge of the table again ?
Also, those armies are the ones ill mainly face, but I never said the only ones. Who said a BL Warboss couldnt turn scary btw?