PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor woes

Corporal Chaos
29-01-2007, 15:43
Hey gang, I am considering using an Inq as an allie. I have two choices available. I hav an Inq in Term armor and one without and would like to give him two acolytes with power armor and BP/CCW as their allowed points of wargwear. or power armor and bolter both with grenades. as an elite choice I am good with henchmen but if I choose to make him a lord I need one more, what would you choose? maybe a warrior or perhaps a psyker? So many options and I am having trouble deciding. any input.
Thanks

wickedvoodoo
29-01-2007, 17:06
how about a higher calibre weapon

can any of the henchmen carry a meltagun, with it being assault its always nice for weakening up a squad before you charge. if it hits, it will kill something.

of course if none of the henchies can have one then ignore me

god octo
29-01-2007, 17:12
Inquisitors are always better at shooting, having a measly S and T of 3, so they would be better if you kitted them out for shooting.

Gutlord Grom
29-01-2007, 17:22
Take Sages for his Ballistic sklill, and Gun servitors to lay down unti destroying fire.Warriors can carry plasma, melta, and flamer weapons.

Angelus Mortis
29-01-2007, 20:41
Which Inquisitor type are you using, Daemonhunter of Witch Hunter? Also, what is your intended use for him (ie, Close Combat, Pyker abilities, Anit-Daemon, Anti-Psyker, Fire Support, just for flavor because they're cool, etc...). This would be much more helpful to us so we can make better informed recommendations.

Corporal Chaos
30-01-2007, 04:45
It is a DH and I am mostly wanting him for variety and flavor, if you will, I want to see how he plays. Get a feel for the unit. I do not have a specific army I play against so I want to be flexable. I think making him a stand off and shoot unit with somepsy powers may be the best, seems to be most popular anyway. Thanks

Angelus Mortis
30-01-2007, 10:05
Ok then, I would recommend an Inquisitor with 3x Gun Servitors and 2x Sages. The Gun Servitors can carry either Heavy Bolters, Multi-meltas and one can carry a Plasma Cannon. The sages increase the Inquisitors BS and allow on die to be re-rolled in the shooting phase. I would also give the Inquisitor a Psycannon so as to make his range/shooting ability equal to the Gun Servitors(which its actually better, but whos counting). Good psyker powers would be Word of the Emporer which forces a leadership if an enemy wants to assault you. This will help keep you out of melee, and be able to focus on shooting more. Another option would be to take Scourging which is a decent shooting attack, but somewhat random in effects, however I would ditch the Psycannon if I took this as it would be almost wasteful points wise. For wargear I recommend a Pychic Hood, Targeter, Auspex and Master Crafted Weapon for the Psycannon. If you want some more bodies in the retinue I would suggest 3x Accolytes w/either Combi Bolter/plasma or Stormbolters , or if you want better armor go with Hellguns and Power Armor. Keep in mind that the Accolytes also work like ablative wounds for your Inquitor, as you can take wounds from you Inquisitor and place them on the Accolytes from any sources(including perils of the warp). Hope that helps.

Corporal Chaos
30-01-2007, 15:56
Thanks Mortis. I will try this kit out and see how it works.

Angelus Mortis
30-01-2007, 17:04
Forgot to mention that a Cullexus Assassin would be very nice to place right behind this retinue, as it will make the enemies LD 7, and therefore harder to pass to assault. Keep in mind it will make your Inquistors LD7 also, and then make his Pschic tests harder to pass too. And your welcome.

davey-S.M
30-01-2007, 17:31
Can space marines take an INQ in their army.
If not who can they include from other Imperial armies?

Angelus Mortis
30-01-2007, 17:52
Can space marines take an INQ in their army.
If not who can they include from other Imperial armies?

Space Marines can take Inquisitor allies from either codex or both, but are limited to 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troop, 0-1 Fast Attack from the DH/WH lists and all compulsory choices must be taken from the parent list first. Still, it adds a terrific amount of flexiblity and adds some nice flavor to other Imperial lists. This also applies to all Imperial armies BTW. Think of how nice it would be to have GK Terminators in a IG list. Adds an awesome close combat element that would be unexpected in an IG list.

davey-S.M
30-01-2007, 18:01
my templars would pwn with a half decent IG tank.
Buut i cant see templars taking an inquisitor as they seem to have some terbulance with the inquisitation.
I quite like IG stuffand it would realy add some texture to the army.

Angelus Mortis
30-01-2007, 18:26
my templars would pwn with a half decent IG tank.
Buut i cant see templars taking an inquisitor as they seem to have some terbulance with the inquisitation.
I quite like IG stuffand it would realy add some texture to the army.

Not sure, but you may be confused a bit. IG and SM used in a DH/WH list are allies and not part of the actual list. So if you were implying that you wanted to take a IG Tank as an ally for you BT list by using the DH/WH rules, you couldn't do so. Also, if you were using a DH/WH list you cant take both SM and IG allies, its one or the other. Hope that clarifies it a bit for you. If I misinterpreted what you meant then I apologize.

davey-S.M
31-01-2007, 20:12
No worries.
I recon imperium gets a bit of a hard time. Everyone seems to be on its case and weanting to kill it. I recon Sm should be able to take one or two IG options and visa versa.

Shrike30
31-01-2007, 21:36
10,000 years ago, that lead to a bunch of problems (namely, that the CSMs took whole IG legions and IN fleets with them when they went over to Chaos). There's a pretty firm doctrine that disallows guardsmen from being put under the command of marines.

Xgladar
31-01-2007, 21:36
Errrr...

terminator/power armour?
am i missing something here?is he using the armour the SOB use?

Chilltouch
31-01-2007, 21:41
A half decent tactic if not expensive for Inquisitors is this:

An Inquisitor Lord wearing artificer armour with a weapon of your choice, with six acolytes wearing artificer armour and six gun servitors with multi-meltas.

Basically, a devastator squad with a Save of 2+.

Frodo34x
31-01-2007, 21:51
10,000 years ago, that lead to a bunch of problems (namely, that the CSMs took whole IG legions and IN fleets with them when they went over to Chaos). There's a pretty firm doctrine that disallows guardsmen from being put under the command of marines.
Actually, there were no IN fleets back in the day. The Imperial Navy were founded post-Horus, so that there would be a greater seperation between forces.

Angelus Mortis
01-02-2007, 00:19
A half decent tactic if not expensive for Inquisitors is this:

An Inquisitor Lord wearing artificer armour with a weapon of your choice, with six acolytes wearing artificer armour and six gun servitors with multi-meltas.

Basically, a devastator squad with a Save of 2+.
That would be awesome! If only you werent limited to 3 of each type of Henchmen. So, no sorry, no 6 of anything. Acolytes would be nice with Artificer armor, but would be kind of lame considering they would be armed with a Laspistol/CCW.