PDA

View Full Version : Moving Engineers

Cloud Strife
29-01-2007, 17:14
Well I suppose this question could apply to Empire, but I'm asking it in regards to Dwarven Engineers.

The main thing I'm wondering is could an Engineer leave one war machine to join another in the same turn, and use his ability with that weapon? Also would it count as movement for either or the artillery pieces, and would that mean destruction for any entrenchment? Just I'm not sure on whether or not crew are allowed to move around the machine or if it only counts as moving if the machine moves.

Just wanting to know as thinking of sticking another 2 pieces in my Dwarf army and if I can move my Engineers it gives me the flexibility to either have D6 wounds to blast enemy cannons before they keep killing my artillery or have re-rollable Grudge Throwers.

Battlewolf
29-01-2007, 19:06
this is about a normal engineer not a master engineer?

if it's a normal, the answer is no. he acts as a unit champion meaning he can never leave the unit as told on page 81.

master engineer, yeh you can but im not sure if the unit counts as moving

T10
30-01-2007, 08:46
Would you allow warmachine crew to fire the artillery piece on the same turn they returned to reclaim it?

I would agree that the warmachine can fire the same turn the Engineer joins the unit, but it seems unreasonable that he should be able to use his L337 N-G3N133r-N skillz that turn.

-T10

eldrak
30-01-2007, 14:42
I don't think there's anything in the rules that stops him from using his ability. Haven't got the AB with me at the moment so I can't give you a definite answer.

WLBjork
30-01-2007, 14:55
The closest rule is:
Apart from this, a warmachine may not be fired in a turn when the machine itself, or even just it's crew, have moved.

It's up to you to decide with your opponent whether a stationary Engineer counts as moving when altering from one WM to another, but remember that the the Engineer must be within 1" of the machine to use his abilities on it - any movement here would result in the WM being unable to fire.

TheWarSmith
30-01-2007, 18:46
Based on that rule, the answer would be no. He'd be acting as the crew, and since he moved that turn, he can't do anything. He'd need to sit out being part of the crew and be able to operate next turn.

Mordu22
30-01-2007, 20:35
It was Errata'ed that a master engiener does NOT count as crew when using his artillary master ability, So he can move to a war machine and still use his master ability that turn.

snurl
31-01-2007, 11:35
He ought to be able to frighten the crew into a +1 BS for the turn he arrives at the machine, when the crew sees him coming, ranting and raving about mindless beardlings not being able to get anything right. Of course, if the crew failed a leadership test,they would flee.........