PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a good all gobbo army

sodapopinski
29-01-2007, 21:30
Here it is!, It has done fairly well, im planning to take it to a R.T.T, not mucho of powergaming there so Id like some input if you are so kind

Skarsnik 205 Pts

The ld 8 is really useful

Night Goblin Shaman 120 Pts
lvl2,Pipes of Doom

Night Goblin Shaman 125 Pts
Lvl2, Horn of Ugrok

Night Goblin Shaman 130 Pts
Lvl 2, Nibbla's Itty Ring
Dispel Scroll

Making cav roll a panic test at -1 Ld? yes please! (game winning)

5 Goblin Spider Riders 71 Pts
Musician

Musician

Musician

Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Riders 71 Pts
Shield; Musician

5 Goblin Wolf Riders 71 Pts
Shield; Musician

Oh, the powerful cavalry to take warmachines and missile troops, and to help the ever powerful gobbo phalanxes

25 Night Goblins 145 Pts
full command
2 Fanatics

25 Night Goblins 145 Pts
full command
2 Fanatics

25 Night Goblins 145 Pts
full command
2 Fanatics

25 Night Goblins 137 Pts
standard, musician
2 Fanatics

these blocks of gobbos go each with a char, skarsnik goes in the championless unit, they are the main battle line

20 Night Goblins 135 Pts
3 Fanatics

20 Night Goblins 135 Pts
3 Fanatics

each in a flank

Rock Lobber 70 Pts

Doom Diver 80 Pts

a little firepower in old gobbo fashion

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 197

Total Army Cost: 1998

sodapopinski
29-01-2007, 22:08
Is it that good? come on! show me your criticism!!

...at least say its good ;)

MannfredVc
30-01-2007, 11:08
Hey,

I like the all goblin approach.However i do think you need to make your "fighting" units bigger though. Drop the fanatics in the archer units and use the points to make the fighters larger.Are you going to convert the spiders riders? A friend of mine did convert his spider riders into night gobbo`s looks very nice.

My thoughts.

Greetings,

Mark

Scanno
30-01-2007, 11:18
Units of less than 30 goblins run away ever so fast. I can see the small cavalry units being annoying, and some powerful enough magic, but I reckon I could take it fairly easily with most armies. There are a few too many fanatics hanging about. If one 5 man squad of fast cav runs in front of your lines it'll die, but it'll draw 200pts of fanatics into the middle of the field where they're as much a hindrance to you as to the enemy.

Irakaz
30-01-2007, 12:14
There are a few too many fanatics hanging about. If one 5 man squad of fast cav runs in front of your lines it'll die, but it'll draw 200pts of fanatics into the middle of the field where they're as much a hindrance to you as to the enemy.
"Who let the dogs out" comes to mind

zoddri
30-01-2007, 14:49
I love it :)

Altough I'd probably go for fewer but bigger units, gobbos need all the rank bonus they can get. It also makes them less vounerable to missile fire.
But on a table with little terrain you can outmanouver most other armies so I can't really argue that it is wrong to do it your way.

Anyway, good luck! Must be a fun army with all those gobbos and fanatics. Chaos on the battlefield anyone?

sodapopinski
30-01-2007, 19:35
If one 5 man squad of fast cav runs in front of your lines it'll die, but it'll draw 200pts of fanatics into the middle of the field where they're as much a hindrance to you as to the enemy.

Thats not that easy to pull off, since my units are placed next to each other, but not so close so the cav will draw the fanatics of each unit at a time, unless my oponent gets really lucky. But I get your point

I also try to target fast cav units with my magic and shooting hoping they flee

So how about this? I made main blocks have 30 gobbos each, and reduced the flanking units fanatics to 2 fanatics each, i also had to dispose of a unit champion, but who cares!

Skarsnik 205 Pts

Night Goblin Shaman 120 Pts
lvl2,Pipes of Doom

Night Goblin Shaman 125 Pts
Lvl2, Horn of Ugrok

Night Goblin Shaman 130 Pts
Lvl 2, Nibbla's Itty Ring
Dispel Scroll

Musician

Musician