PDA

View Full Version : great weapon and rune of swiftness

greendan
29-01-2007, 21:38
can the rune of swiftness be combined with a great weapon?? so the wielder strikes first with it
i always assumed it could be, but when using army builder (for the first time ever) it seemed to say that this was an illegal combination.
:chrome:

Wings of Doom
29-01-2007, 21:45
Indeed it can, but it will only count as a normal handweapon with the Rune of Swiftness unless you put the 'rune of allowing it to remain the weapon it was before runes were put on it' (I'm sure it has a shorter name..?) on it.

Mordu22
29-01-2007, 21:45
Not possible that way, giving it Mrof swiftness cancels it bieng a great weapon. You can go Mrof swiftness and two runes of cleaving for the same thing.

RavenBloodwind
29-01-2007, 23:21
Answer above is mostly right. You cannot do it because both runes (swiftness and great weapon retains S bonus) are Master runes and you can't have two master runes on one item.

T10
30-01-2007, 09:05
can the rune of swiftness be combined with a great weapon?? so the wielder strikes first with it
i always assumed it could be, but when using army builder (for the first time ever) it seemed to say that this was an illegal combination.
:chrome:

Never trust Army Builder for anything. Report to the BLUE chair to familiarize yourself with the rules for Runes.

-T10

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 09:15
Better get that dwarf the Strongman skill...

AUN'SHI
31-01-2007, 15:23
Indeed it can, but it will only count as a normal handweapon with the Rune of Swiftness unless you put the 'rune of allowing it to remain the weapon it was before runes were put on it' (I'm sure it has a shorter name..?) on it.

I believe this is right. It stated that the item attacks first this is a magical bonus and added with the rune of (sorry I don't have the book at hand) a great weapon that keeps it's bonus it will still attack first.

Wings of Doom
31-01-2007, 19:01
Previous posters inform that both runes are Master runes, and as you cannot have two master runes on one item you cannot actually havea greatweapon always striking first (the combination is still legal, just pointless on its own).

Shows my knowledge of Dwarfs. :rolleyes: