PDA

View Full Version : PC Gamer Magazine US--Warhammer article

MrPickles
29-01-2007, 22:57
In the March '07 US PC Gamer, there is an article comparing table top to the computer adaptions. What did you guys think of it? I thought it was an interesting comparison and enjoyed the article very much. Discussion?

Shrike30
29-01-2007, 22:58
I haven't gotten PC Gamer since, oh... 1998? Sounds like an interesting article, though...

MrLiy
29-01-2007, 23:02
Shrike, sounds about the same time I used to get PC gamer......

would be interesting to see the article, any chance its online anyone?

Shrike30
29-01-2007, 23:12
I dunno. Hey, MrPickles... got a scanner? :)

muskrat
30-01-2007, 07:58
sheeit, MArch? not even Feb yet! damn fastpaced computer gaming industry- even Magazines are obsolete in days.

UnRiggable
30-01-2007, 10:59
Yeah, magazines are obsolete when they come out even!

MrPickles
30-01-2007, 22:04
Wow! Very suprised nobody has gotten it yet! And I don't feel like plugging my scanner in to copy it.

AaronS
30-01-2007, 23:29
Sweet! I guess my new magazine is coming sometime this week. I might be able to provide a summary, not being in possesion of a scanner.

scarletsquig
31-01-2007, 01:53
Wow! Very suprised nobody has gotten it yet! And I don't feel like plugging my scanner in to copy it.
And the vast majority of people probably won't get it either. Especially the people that don't live in America... like y'know, that large percentage of this forum's population/ people reading this right now ;)

Why bother to create a thread about an article, if you're going to provide absolutely zero content to discuss?

*Sits back and waits for someone that can be arsed to plug their scanner in to come along*

Brimstone
31-01-2007, 05:17
*Sits back and waits for someone that can be arsed to plug their scanner in to come along*

Somehow if that someone has at least half a brain that will not be happening.

Scanning an entire article is not something we can allow on Warseer.

The Warseer Inquisition

MrPickles
01-02-2007, 21:14
What Brimstone said!

AaronS
01-02-2007, 23:08
What the article talks about is really, almost an advertisement for Warhammer Fantasy/40K, saying that the tabletop takes more time/effort than a quick and easy PC game. It compares an Eldar vs. Space Marines from both environments, comparings and contrasting what one has and the other doesn't/ (resources, strategic points etc.), and states that the Tabletop has more customization (duh) along with urging you to try the "real thing" over the PC games. Already knowing what these differences were, which this whole forum probably knows, I wouldn't have purchased it (I have a subscription) But I would purchase it for the Supreme Commander review!