PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Lizardmen army

Caligula
30-01-2007, 02:09
Greetings again all. I've decided to give the Lizardmen a shot, and came up with a 1000 point list. It's pretty basic, but I think at this points level, most armies tend to be as such. Anyway, without further adieu, the list!

Saurus Scar Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Blessed Spawing of Sotek
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Sword of Might
@164pts.

Skink Priest-
Cloak of Feathers
@95pts.

12 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion
@174pts.

12 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion
@174pts.

12 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes
Brave
Scouts
@89pts.

12 Skink Skirmishers
Javelins and Shields
Brave
@77pts.

5 Saurus Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spawning Champion
@225pts.

TOTAL-998pts.

So, what do you think?

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 02:15
Where's your Second Gen Slann? (Joke) nice list, balanced.

Caligula
30-01-2007, 04:28
Thanks for the comment, Mr. Carrillo.

Think I'll hold off on the 2nd generation Slann until at least 1500 points;)

shadowghost
30-01-2007, 06:54
I don't think that the skink priest will be able to do much at level one. If you want him for the dispel dice, just give a unit of saurus the blessed spawning of Tzunki. Also, if you are trying to get the most out of your list, then I would think that the skink braves won't do much. Get rid of them and the Priest, take the blessed spawning, and you'll still have enough left to buy another unit of skinks, or maybe bulk up one of the saurus units.

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 08:35
i think you hsould invest in the sacred spawning of Tupac, then you can drop the priest altogether.
Mad dispel dice, AND the ability to release music after you die!!

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 08:41
Thanks for the comment, Mr. Carrillo.

Think I'll hold off on the 2nd generation Slann until at least 1500 points;)

my friend dan played an Oldblood on "Barney" a carnosaur, AND a Second Gen. Slann in 3000 pts. his whole army was like 25 models.

McMullet
30-01-2007, 11:06
The Jaguar Saurus of Death is a bit ubiquitous. It's not like he's particularly overpowered, but 3/4 of Lizard players seem to take him - he's just a bit tedious really. :( Still, if you want him, take him, he certainly does his job.

I'm not sure how useful the cloak of feathers is on a Skink Priest. The ability to fly is nice, but he won't every be wanting to charge anyone, and he's already fast enough to mostly avoid getting charged. As shadowghost says, he's propbably not much use altogether, and he might be more useful upgraded to Lv 2 and given some magic items (the diadem of power is a handy one).

I think the rest of the army is fine.

MannfredVc
30-01-2007, 12:01
Hey,

I like your army. But i do think that the characters need some more tuning.
Drop the skink priest and give one of your saurus the blessing of extra dispel dice. The jaguar saurus isnt very original but he serves his purpose. Perhaps with the spare points from the priest get some extra warriors.

Greetings,

Mark

RdDragon5
31-01-2007, 05:12
My 2 pennies are:

-Loose the sword of might on the scar-vet and give him a great weapon, its cheaper gives you a better strength and with an 18" charge you should be going first anyway.
-Drop the cloak on the priest and give him Lv2 for an extra 5 points
-Keep the skinks small or slightly bigger, eg 10, or 13, ten is cheap, 13 you can take 3 wounds and not take a panic check.
-skink braves are about the worse thing is any fantasy list ever, 5 points for +1BS when 6 gives you another whole skink
-Same can be said for the Saurus Cav champion, no need.

With all the points saved up (and dropping the skinks down to 10 per unit) You'll have enough to add in a 3rd unit of 10 skinks.

Hope this helps, and remember to follow the path of the Old Ones.

Grymlok
31-01-2007, 17:13
I would also agree with dropping the spawning champions and the skink braves. If you don't have them you will not have any models that can be challenged by hero's/unit champions during combat.

Remember cold blooded Ld is good, but a nasty overkill from a chalenge can soon have a combat badly lost. You don't want your Saurus running cos of this.

As for the skinks, you should certainly not have these guys in combat, and as has been said the BS +1 is not worth the points.

I also take 5 Saurus Cavalry in a 1000pt game, but that is solely down to the models!! If you fancy breaking from the mold, use the Champion model from the boxed set as your scar-vet on a cold one (give him a great weapon too), and just have the other 5 as a unit without a chapion.

Hope thats of help. By the way, some of the most fun games are 1000 points. True tactical battles!!! Where every point counts.

Caligula
01-02-2007, 20:47
Thanks for all the great replies everyone. I guess I have a bit to think about here, don't I? I'll see what I can do about making some of the proposed changes, and I'll post the altered list. Thanks again.