PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt. Bret List - Knight-Light

ashc
30-01-2007, 08:43
As the topic says; To represent more of a provincial defence force and not an all-out knight army (which I don't fancy playing).

Anyway, on with the list.

LORD
Bretonnian Lord
Grail Vow
Virtue of Confidence
Gauntlet of the Duel
Birthsword of Carcassonne
Gromril Great Helm
Shield
Barded Bretonnian Warhorse
262pts.

HERO
Paladin BSB
Knight's Vow
Virtue of Empathy
Cuirass of Fortune
Sword of Might
110pts.

HERO
Paladin
Knight's Vow
Virtue of the Joust
Lance of Artois
Shield
Barded Bretonnian Warhorse
126pts.

HERO
Damsel
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Chalice of Malfleur
Bretonnian Warhorse
160pts.

CORE
7 Knights of the Realm
Full Command
Warbanner
217pts.

CORE
8 Knights Errant
Full Command
Errantry Banner
204pts.

CORE
20 Men at Arms
Full Command
127pts.

CORE
20 Men at Arms
Full Command
127pts.

CORE
10 Bowmen
Musician
65pts.

CORE
10 Bowmen
Musician
65pts.

CORE
12 Bowmen
Musician
Skirmish
89pts.

SPECIAL
Grail Reliquae (6 Models + Reliquae)
8 Extra Battle Pilgrims
190pts.

SPECIAL
3 Pegasus Knights
Gallant
165pts.

RARE
Field Trebuchet
90pts.

1997pts.

what do people think? The Lord and Damsel are attached to the KOTR, and the jousting Paladin leads the KE; The BSB is on foot to lead the peasants and with the Virtue of Empathy allowing him to do so gives them a blanket rerollable ld8 :)

thanks to anyone who looks,

Ash

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 08:48
i like this. the peasant models are really cool and if you can win with it i applaud you.

ashc
30-01-2007, 08:51
Well, the Knights Errant and Knights of the Realm are even sizes; 7 + 2 characters and 8 + 1 character = 9 all round :)

Also, the BSB is on foot leading the peasants; I wouldnt like to invest in a 5th character as it would mean dropping other stuff, which i'm just not keen on (as i dont know what i would drop!)

Ash

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 08:55
sorry i need to learn to read.
this army is cool. Planning any conversions?

Voltaire
30-01-2007, 09:18
I think he's converting peasants to Grail Pilgrims.

I like this army a lot as it has a lot of all roundedness to it.

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 09:20
the old knights on foot still hold up to this day, i would give em a peek.
for grail pilgrims, you can get Mordheim flagellants for cheap

ashc
30-01-2007, 09:32
Conversions or the use of some old-school miniatures are planned for all the characters, im converting up some extra battle pilgrims as the metals are a bit expensive for 9pt models, and no doubt I will do something a bit funky with all the units to be honest (im not one for just assembling straight out of the box if i can help it. :))

Ash

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 09:55
i hear you

MannfredVc
30-01-2007, 12:07
Hey,

A nice allround army. I use an almost exact copy of this list only more grail monks and one less hero. But thats just personal preference. Perhaps drop one pala hero and the trebuchet and get as much grail knights that you can afford. Those are really good at spear heading an assault. How do you equip your men at arms? Halberds or spears?

Greetings,

Mark

ashc
30-01-2007, 23:08
Hey,

A nice allround army. I use an almost exact copy of this list only more grail monks and one less hero. But thats just personal preference. Perhaps drop one pala hero and the trebuchet and get as much grail knights that you can afford. Those are really good at spear heading an assault. How do you equip your men at arms? Halberds or spears?

Greetings,

Mark

Well, I feel that the trebuchet really fits my theme more, and to be quite honest im not a fan of investing so many points into a unit that size! maybe its something i would play with upon expanding the army, but for now grail knights are a nono for me.

thanks for looking though!

Ash

Voltaire
30-01-2007, 23:09
Halberds or Spears?

ashc
30-01-2007, 23:13
Oh I forgot that; to be honest I don't care; Im more likely to use the hand weapon! :D

Ash