PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottom - A Necromunda campaign

Eazy-O
30-01-2007, 09:53
Hey all :)

Like i mentioned in a couple of previous threads, our group is getting back into Necromunda. I built a website to track progress, write reports and have a handy reference page. Also, i hope to tease some other wargamers in my area into trying Necromunda. Wish me luck. :)

I could really use some feedback, as it's the first time i've tried something like this and i haven't really done much battle report or story writing. Also, i have a 19" screen at home so i hope the page looks good on smaller screens.

Here's the page: http://www2.arnes.si/~okosca/rockbottom/

Questions, comments, criticisms... All are welcome. :)

Cheers,
Oskar

Eazy-O
30-01-2007, 09:56
Here's the new battle report of yesterday's game. There's another, longer one on the page. I decided against posting it here since it's kinda long, but i'd like to hear some comments about that one too. :)

+++++++++

UGLUKS TRY TO NICK SOME LOOT
Scenario: Scavengers
Treacherous condition: Long shadows

Valkyries, having taken the mine, set about collecting some dough and making things run smoother. They set up some heavy lighting and searched every square meter of the complex. Unknown to them, Ugluks of House Goliath were attracted to all this commotion like moths to bright light. Their plan was to mount a quick surprise attack and pillage what was left of the ore, causing as much damage in the process as possible.

After one of their fighters was mauled and hauled away by some mutant monstrosity, they set about climbing the structures but were quickly spotted by the defenders. On their left flank, two attackers were cut down by combined plasma and autogun fire, whilist the third turned tail and ran away. The rest of Goliaths managed to advance and some even dropped from ventilation systems above. By now, Valkyries bagged two piles of loot, one thanks to infiltrating gangers, and were well on their way to legging it. The third pile was guarded by their stubber lugging heavy. Goliaths managed to position themeselves on the roofs to take a few pot shots and their heavy even downed one enemy fighter. The broken Goliath managed to swing back into action as well, spending all of his ammo on one of the Valkyrie infiltrators. The Valkyries exacted quick revenge by shotgunning him. (And i'm not talking about the passenger seat either. *ba-dum-tiss*) On the other side of the compound, plasma and autoguns had a field day again, knocking out another Goliath juve. Big boss Ugluk decided that no loot and 5 fighters out of commision was not a winning combination so he decided to turn tail and run for the hills.

Notable moments: Before the first movement phase (player's first Necromunda game as well!) Gunthrid of Ugluks has gone MIA, courtesy of an unknown mutant monstrosity.

Post battle:

*Sarah of Valkyries is killed and Katy captured, Hannah (juve) gains two shooting skills;

*Ugluks suffer no deaths but a horrendous amount of injuries (Note to players: rolling Mulitple injuries and 6 is a bad idea, rolling another Multiple injuries following that is a worse idea.).

*Butch of Ugluks now sports a lost pinky, only one eye, two old wounds, two chest wounds the size of a ratburger and nickname "Fishboy". The fact that he survived against (twice?!) didn't help much.

*Goldstein, now a one-eyed BS1 handflamer wielding juve, dragged back Gunthrid wounded in the head and both arms.

+++++++++

Good fight, good night! ;)

Catferret
30-01-2007, 23:27
Cool. Like the site. ADD PHOTOS!!! Otherwise, I'm happy.:)

EDIT: BTW, you mention trying to entice new players in your area. Where is your area?

Eazy-O
31-01-2007, 10:17
Oh, forgot to add my location into the profile... (Un)fortunately, nowhere near you. :p I'm in Slovenia, so if anybody happens to pass by, give me a shout. :)

Catferret
31-01-2007, 13:08
Oh well. Maybe I'll be on holiday over that way one of these years!:p

Good luck with your campaign!

Renegade
02-02-2007, 21:34
I like the site and your house rules, good luck with your campaign!