PDA

View Full Version : 'unmaking' a runic great axe

chivalrous
30-01-2007, 13:08
New to Dwarfs I'm afraid.

I'm playing a general with a great axe on which he'd inscribed three runes. The runes aren't important, and accept that the rules for great weapon are negated by the presence of the runes.

Now while it seems daft for me to waste points on a great weapon whose rules
are negated by the runes, the reason is simply as insurance against things like the Talisman of Saphery (magical weapons don't get their special effects) or Vauls unmaking (breaks magic weapons) and anything else that turns a magic weapon into a mundane weapon.

In the instance that the magic weapon is broken or negated, would the weapon just become a hand weapon, or would it become a great weapon?

Palatine Katinka
30-01-2007, 13:27
I guess it would become a mundane great axe but still a great axe. Another method of insurance would be to say the runes are on his hand weapon, leaving the great axe safe from these effects, the great axe would still be unuseable until the runic (magic) weapon had been destroyed.

T10
30-01-2007, 14:07
In the instance that the magic weapon is broken or negated, would the weapon just become a hand weapon, or would it become a great weapon?

It is a Great Weapon.

-T10

Ganymede
30-01-2007, 15:36
Wait, if the magic weapon is broken, isn't it useless? wouldn't even the mundane great weapon be broken as well?

TheWarSmith
30-01-2007, 17:43
Vaul's unmaking would DESTROY the runic great axe, not just nullify it's magic.

As said, take the normal GW as a backup if you really fear anti magic things.