PDA

View Full Version : Some basic questions.

Darwin_green
17-07-2005, 14:05
I was playing my first game in some ages and I have some questions.

Fleeing as a charge reaction. I when they flee, and my movement is enough to catch them. Is it simply a charge or do I treat it as a successful pursuit?

Can I charge a Fleeing character? If so, what happens. Standerd Combat or overrun again.

Flank charges and such. I've made my opponents turn thier units 180 and then I've charged them on the flank. They've failed their break test. Do they flee away from my troops, do they flee towards their board edge, or do they flee directly away from them.

If they flee directly behind them. What of later turns. do they continue going towards my board edge, or do they start running for thier board edge?

last questions, are their rules for changing formations during close combat?

Darwin Green

Megilain
17-07-2005, 14:21
Can I charge a Fleeing character? If so, what happens. Standerd Combat or overrun again.

Yes you can, if you charge a fleeing unit the unit has no option but to flee. If you catch the unit, it is destroyed and you move your full charge distance.

As for directions of fleeing and more perhaps you should read this:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chronicles/commentary-fleeing/1/

The only ways to "change formation" during combat are lapping around and expanding frontage both of them covered on page 77 on the Rulebook...

PelsBoble
17-07-2005, 20:16
At first when a unit breaks the unit runs directly away from the unit with highest unit strenght(if there was several enemy units surrounding your unit for example). In the next turn they flee against the nearest table quarter. But they run around any enemies.

Arnizipal
17-07-2005, 21:02
Fleeing as a charge reaction. I when they flee, and my movement is enough to catch them. Is it simply a charge or do I treat it as a successful pursuit?

If you catch a unit that flees from a charge, it's destroyed.

Nope...

Darwin_green
17-07-2005, 21:39
Thanks a lot guys! :)

Tarax
21-07-2005, 19:11

No one seems to have answered this question. So here goes:

A charge is a charge and all restrictions and bonusses apply. If your movement (double because of the charge) is far enough to reach your opponent, he's caught and destroyed, if not, it's a failed charge.

Biggest differences between charge and pursuit include:

-random movement for pursuit (2D6 or 3D6) and fixed for charge (double M-value)

-pursuit ignores difficult terrain, while charging is hindered by it