PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another WE List

northwoodDreamer
30-01-2007, 16:02
Sorry that I've been posting so many of these guys, but I just want to know what I want in my army before I start buying. As many of you, I'm not swimming in money. So here is my latest 2k list for Wood Elves:

Noble w/ Great Eagle, Hail of Doom Arrow, Spear, Light Armour, Shield @ 161 pts

Noble w/ Battle Standard, Light Armour, Stone of Rebirth @ 122 pts

Branchwraith w/ Level 1, A Cluster of Radiants @ 140 pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts

8 Drayds @ 96 pts

23 Eternal Guard w/ Musician, Standard Bearer @ 294 pts
(6x4... BSB goes here)

7 Wardancers @ 126 pts

3 Warhawk Riders @ 120 pts

5 Wild Riders w/ Musician @ 130 pts

1 Treeman @ 285 pts

1 Treeman @ 285 pts

Total = 1999 pts, 3 Power Dice, 2 Bound Spells, 4 Dispell Dice

Basic strategy is to use EG and Treemen as an anvil. Support them with the Dryads and Wardancers. Thin out troops with the Glade Guard. Hunt annoying things such as Mages, Warmachine Crew, Fast Calvary, Lone Characters, etc. with Eagle Noble, Warhawk Riders, and Wild Riders.

Vattendroppe
30-01-2007, 16:31
I think you would at least want one dispelscrolls, since you wouldn't want your treemen or dryads targeted by some nasty spell... But it might work without dispelscrolls. Otherwise, looks pretty nice.

god octo
30-01-2007, 20:58
As Vattendroppe said, magic may be a problem, though you do have lots of units capable of killing off mages. The BSB must be protected at all costs, so i would drop the Stone of rebirth, as its quite useless for either the Amaratnhine brooch, stone of the crystal mere or the annoyance of netlings. That way, he will be safe from attack.

Good luck and have fun!

bobert the great clen one
30-01-2007, 23:56
at the moment northwooddreamer you have a aillegal list as you can only have 1 lord in a 2k game

northwoodDreamer
31-01-2007, 00:21
My bad, those are definitely Nobles, not Highborns. Pointwise they are Nobles too. I'll make the edit right now.