PDA

View Full Version : hey lookie my 3rd list i think itll will work

darklordzoul
30-01-2007, 19:42
so i put this together like 10 mins ahgo and thought it looked good what you all think dont be nice tell me any downsides

heros-
exalted champion of chaos,shield,biting blade, gaze of the gods
~148 pts.

sorcerer of chaos, lvl. 2
~120 pts.

core-
15 warriors, great weapons, fullcommand, MOS
~280

15 warriors, shields, standard bearer, musican, MOT
~253

5 chosen knights, musican, standard, MOK
~264

chariot, MON
~135

special-
10 furies
~150

rare-
2 spawns with either MOT or MOK
~150

power dice 5
dispel dice 3
models 47, chariot, 2 spawns

main idea the spawns on the flanks kniughts and chariot up front followed by warriors sorcer with MOT warriors and exalted champ on charit or walking with sorcerer and furies fly to take out machines

p.s. i like the large block of furies and would like to keep them high in number as they seem to have horrable stats.

darklordzoul
01-02-2007, 13:32
it cant be that good what you think of it

pcgamer72
01-02-2007, 19:19
First off, I definately don't recommend MoT on Spawns. It is by far the weakest mark on a Spawn, imo. I would suggest using either MoS or MoK.

Your Fury unit is very large, and it really doesn't need to be. You can cut it down to 5 or 6 and still have it do what you need it to. If you really like them, then so be it, but you should try decreasing them (afterall they are demons, so you don't have to worry about not passing fear tests.)

I like the idea of putting your Exalted Champ would be to have him ride the Chariot. I can't remember the cost of the Berserker Sword at this moment, but I believe he could use it. If not, you can keep him like he is but put the two together for a very hard hitting unit. That way you have something besides your Knights zooming across the table, leaving your warriors in the dust.

asrian
01-02-2007, 20:19
I'm in agreement with pcgamer on the decreasing the size of the furies. 5 to 7 will get the job done (I typically run 6 in my lists).

The same is true for the Mark of Tzeentch on the Spawn. You'll be lucky to use the breath template once a game usually as you'll want your spawn stuck in and holding up units (the spawn's main use is as a tarpit unit). I can't speak for the merits of the Khorne Marked spawn as I've never used them, but I use the Slaanesh Marked spawn constantly and have to say the 3d6 movement is worth it as it gives you a greater chance of hitting them before they hit you (I like to run two MoS spawns on a flank and use them both to support each other).

As for the characters...unless they are joining a unit of marauders (who don't have a mark) they can only join a unit that have the same mark as them (so your exalted champ has to have the mark of nurgle to ride in a chariot of nurgle and your sorceror must have the mark of tzeentch to join the warriors with the MoT).

The only problem I have with running a character in a chariot (specifically your general in a chariot) is one cannon ball or strength 7+ hit can wipe out the chariot leaving your general on foot and stranded, no longer able to lend his Ld to the army (especially if most are knights who will quickly be out of range from his Ld). I like characters in chariots, but would not recommend your general for that role, nor sorcerors for that matter.

Makaber
02-02-2007, 02:36
Mark of Tzeench works just fine, and I've used them quite a bit. It gives them a lot greater threat range. Worth the points? I don't know. But it's not a waste.

dominic_carrillo
02-02-2007, 04:23
maybe a little bit more magic defense. i dont see any scrolls

darklordzoul
05-02-2007, 13:52
i redid it so hows this

hero
exalted champion of chaos, shield, biting blade
~112 pts general (goes on chariot)

aspiearing champion of chaos, MOT, shield,
~152 pts (goes with MOT regiment)

core
15 warriors, great weapons, fullcommand, MOS
~280

14 warriors, shields, full command, MOT
~260

5 chosen knights, full command, MOK
~264

chariot
~120

special
6 furies
~90

rare
2 spawns MON
~150

same idea as before kknights and chariot go up the table furies go hunting and the spawns on the side