PDA

View Full Version : Stream of corruption for Plague Bearers

Brother Maynard
31-01-2007, 01:30
I'm confused on how the Special feature, Stream of Corruption, works for Plague Bearers. The rules do not seem that clear, in that they say that it is resolved differently than the demonic gift of the same name, but not much else. I know that it can be used in close combat, but when using it, do you use the flame template for each Plague Bearer model like the Demonic Gift? Does only the front rank get to do it or the whole unit? I'm confused...

Thanks for your help...

BM

jahorin
31-01-2007, 02:39
each model cause an automatic S3 hit. it's quite different from the the gift fpr the deamon prince.

DaBrode
31-01-2007, 05:29
No you don't use a template.

Yes the whole unit attacks.

T10
31-01-2007, 07:58
Surely only the Plage Bearers in contact with enemy (and thus fighting) can use the Stream of Corruption.

Or have I got this entirely wrong?

-T10

sphincter man
31-01-2007, 20:01
well, if you think about it, they are vomiting, which means the models in the middle and back of the uniit can vomit and it hits the other models but doesnt affect the front rank because they are nurgle plague bearers and the vomit hits the enimy.
the daemon princes is a breath attack and so it uses a template for the range beacuse it is in the shooting phase and not the close combat phase.

Murderous Monkey
31-01-2007, 20:14
Surely only the Plage Bearers in contact with enemy (and thus fighting) can use the Stream of Corruption.

Or have I got this entirely wrong?

-T10

I read it the same way. I guess it's because it constantly describes it as an attack - so I've always assumed that you need to be able to make an attack to use the effect. I'd be interested to know otherwise though - since it'd suddenly make Plaguebearers a lot better in my opinion!

ZomboCom
31-01-2007, 22:03
It's pretty simple imho. You either choose to attack as normal at strength 4 or to hit automatically at strength 3. That's it, and only those in base contact can vomit, as per the normal attacking rules.

They really should have given the rule a different name to the completely different breath weapon rule.