PDA

View Full Version : New Codex COmplaint Pack

odmiller
31-01-2007, 04:47
After watching and reading the codex and rules releases over the last few years, I have created my "New Codex Complaint Pack". Part one is for players of the army, Part two will be for everyone else.

I'll publish it here free the first time, but next time I'll charge. It's perfect for every forum, every army, both Fantasy and 40k and even new game editions.

PART 1

I can't believe the way GW is nerfing xxxxxxxxx. I have been a player of xxxxxxxxx since the beginning, but this is the last straw. They have taken away our greatest strengths and made the army completely uncompetitive.

We have lost: (important make this list as long as possible)
And all we have gained in return is: (couch these in disparaging terms)
These new benefits are a joke to any competitive player, and I will never use them. We have lost the core features of what made me love xxxxxxx and I will revert to (a. the last codex, b. my other army, c. a variation using a similar codex) because I refuse to stand for GW's attempt to ruin my gaming experience.

I urge all other players of xxxxxxxxx to stand up and boycott GW so they learn we just won't take it any more.

Signed,

Pissed off lifelong former xxxxxxx player

Here's the other version:

PART 2

I can't believe the way GW is cheesing xxxxxxxxx. I have been a player of this game xxxxxxxxx since the beginning, but this is the last straw. They have made this army the powergamers dream and made every other army completely uncompetitive.

They have gained: (important make this list as long as possible)
And their only drawbacks: (couch these in disparaging terms)
These new drawbacks are a joke to any competitive player, and they will never be affected by them. They have made such an overly powered army that I will never play another xxxxx plaeyer because I refuse to stand for GW's attempt to ruin my gaming experience.

I urge all other players of every other army to stand up and boycott GW so they learn we just won't take it any more.

Signed,

Pissed off lifelong player who hates xxxxxxxxx

Hellebore
31-01-2007, 05:26
TeeHee.

Me likey longtime.

hellebore

Cacodemon
31-01-2007, 06:09
Now, let's put it to the test.

I can't believe the way GW is nerfing Dark Angels. I have been a player of Dark Angels since the beginning, but this is the last straw. They have taken away our greatest strengths and made the army completely uncompetitive.

We have lost:
1. Stubborn
2. Intractable
3. Ravenwing Jink
4. All the benefits we gained in Codex Space Marines

And all we have gained in return is:
1. The stupid 'battle squads' system
2. Named leaders for DW and RW (like you couldn't invent your own names)
3. Cheaper Rhinos (who uses them anyway?)

These new benefits are a joke to any competitive player, and I will never use them. We have lost the core features of what made me love the Dark Angels and I will revert to Codex Space Marines because I refuse to stand for GW's attempt to ruin my gaming experience.

I urge all other players of Dark Angels to stand up and boycott GW so they learn we just won't take it any more.

Signed,

Pissed off lifelong former Dark Angels player,
Cacodemon

I must say, it works like a charm :D

Sergeant Tanthius
31-01-2007, 06:41
Sell this to some gamer and you'll make millions. :D

Still, it's a game, and nobody's forcing you to play by the rules. As long as two players agree you can change the rules as you like it. I wouldn't use it, but the responses you get will be very funny.

==Me==
31-01-2007, 06:44
Fantastic, lord forbid people actually *gasp* adapt to the new rules, complaining is so much easier with this new template :D

Hellebore
31-01-2007, 07:07
Do you work for the government in the "Form Development Division"?

Hellebore

MysticTitan
31-01-2007, 07:25
Do you work for the government in the "Form Development Division"?

Hellebore

If he doesnt, he should try for an application. He could ask for his pay in models. :p

Lancaster
31-01-2007, 07:26
Lol, I think this is his way of saying stop complaining and live with it

Very clever approach to it though

Carlos
31-01-2007, 07:41
OK: New Eldar Codex.

We have lost:
1. Heavy 3 Starcannons
2. Cheapo Avatars
3. S10 D-Cannons
4. Flexible Guardian Defenders (No Platform)
5. Craftworld lists
In Return we have gained:
1. S8 Fusion Guns
2. A harder avatar
3. Rending Harlequins
4. Better Farseers
5. 10-man warlock units
6. Every Aspect warrior is now better thn before
7. Notably the awesome new Dire Avengers
8. A more flexible codex list
9. Viable warwalkers
10. The Autarch

Never let it be said GW doesnt listen to its customers. the new Eldar codex was everyones wet dream.

For Cacodemon:
Get over yourself. You pay too many points for Stubborn deathwing, Jink saves are useless and the intractible rule is crap. Dar Angels have lost nothing and gained a lot.

Sergeant Tanthius
31-01-2007, 07:57
If he doesnt, he should try for an application. He could ask for his pay in models. :p

He'll bankrupt the government like that...

Get over yourself. You pay too many points for Stubborn deathwing, Jink saves are useless and the intractible rule is crap. Dar Angels have lost nothing and gained a lot.

We've lost the dual heavy weapon termies...As a DW player I am not pleased with this...:mad:

GloomyGrim
31-01-2007, 08:11
For Cacodemon:
It shows right there you never played DA or against DA.. Intractable rule was one of the best things DA had going since your shooty squads never bulged, no matter the casualties they took.... plus jink wasn't bad for 5 pts... many ork players use armor plates that are pratically the same and I don't see them complaining, I lost count of how many times that crappy 6+ inv save made my opponent despair...

Cacodemon
31-01-2007, 08:44
For Cacodemon:

I only did a test run for the form, and it really came out like some of the more whinier posts I've seen on the Dark Angels thread. Actually I'm not even a Dark Angels player yet, but I'm starting as soon as the Codex comes out :p

Darkseer
31-01-2007, 08:56
Saved for another time :D

Genius!

Venomizer
31-01-2007, 09:18
I think I'll save this incase GW decide to make a monkeys breakfast of the new necron codex when they get around to it

lord_blackfang
31-01-2007, 09:19
Not the first time this kind of thing got posted. The copy/paste complaints about Codex: Chaos Farm Animals are still floating about the Wastes somewhere :D

jfrazell
31-01-2007, 12:12
Brilliant!

precinctomega
31-01-2007, 12:40
Ooh, ooh! My turn!!

I can't believe the way GW is cheesing Dark Angels. I have been a player of this game Warhammer 40,000 since the beginning, but this is the last straw. They have made this army the powergamers dream and made every other army completely uncompetitive.

They have gained: (important make this list as long as possible)
1. Cheap Rhinos.
2. Cheap Razorbacks
3. Battle squads.
4. Independent Command Squads.
5. Fearless terminators.
6. Manstopper rounds.
7. Fearless, Scouting Bikers
8. Plasma cannon for Dreadnoughts
9. Awesome new models.
And their only drawbacks: (couch these in disparaging terms)
1. Losing Stubborn and Intractable - like that makes a difference now they're Fearless!
2. Losing the damn silly "Jink" save that never made sense to start with.
3. Being forced to take sensible kit like grenades and smoke launchers.

These new drawbacks are a joke to any competitive player, and they will never be affected by them. They have made such an overly powered army that I will never play another Dark Angels plaeyer because I refuse to stand for GW's attempt to ruin my gaming experience.

I urge all other players of every other army to stand up and boycott GW so they learn we just won't take it any more.

Signed,

Pissed off lifelong player who hates Dark Angels.

Actually, my only real objection to the Dark Angels is that the veterans all look like they've just got out of the shower.

R.

Sildani
31-01-2007, 13:11
Off topic: which is worse, a dog's breakfast or a monkey's breakfast?

Learning as many delightful idioms from our cousins across the Pond as I can...[dice0]

odmiller
31-01-2007, 16:57
Glad some people like the forms. After watching the same general format of arguments in the rule book updates and every codex for the last few years, I thought I could save everyone a little bit of time.

I haven't seen the Chaos Farm Animals thread, but it sounds pretty amusing.

I'm a DA player, so the arguments above hold particular resonance. In fact, Iwas starting to reply to one on another forum when I came up with the plan.

After thinking everything through, It became apparent to me that there are only three possible motivations for GW when making a new Codex. 1) They hate the new army they are working on and want to make sure no one plays it anymore because it can't win 2) They love the new army they are working on and want to make sure it crushes all opposition 3) They want to put out a codex with some new toys that retains the competitive balance.

I tend to think it's option three, but I would swear some posters think it's one or two. I'm lucky enough to play in a region where almost every codex, in both game systems, gets played by someone. We have a few small tournies a month, 10 -12 players each, and I can safely say that no army I've seen has the lock on the prize, there's almost a different winner every time. It generally comes down to the players, but even those guys will win with different armies.

I guess the final reason I created the forms, was a flashback I had when responding to a complaint about the Deathwing losing the second Heavy Weapon and only getting mixed squads in return. When the 3rd Edition DA were FAQ'd to the 4th Edition Marine Codex, guess what they lost, mixed squads in exchange for two heavy weapons. And guess what the reaction was...exactly the same. This was going to be the downfall the the Deathwing, no longer competitive, and was finally the last straw as GW ruined the army. Now, two years later....

After all the smoke has cleared and the cries of doom, and cheese on the other side, I think we will find the new DA Codex is a very playable, balanced codex, just like every (most?) of the others before.

bertcom1
31-01-2007, 17:24
Not the first time this kind of thing got posted. The copy/paste complaints about Codex: Chaos Farm Animals are still floating about the Wastes somewhere.

I haven't seen the Chaos Farm Animals thread, but it sounds pretty amusing.

Well, here are the best bits from the Chaos Farm Animals thread.

What with the proliferation of threads dedicated to complaining about how the poster's personal army choice are being mistreated by Games Workshop, I have taken the initiative of creating a template for those who wish to start such a thread. I hope you all find it increases the convenience of bitching and griping! - O.

Subject:
Why Does GW Hate [name of my army]?????

Body:
I don't get it!!!!!???? For years, GW has treated [name of my army] like crap while [name of any other army] gets all the attention!!! They got an overpowered codex and all the good models while [name of my army] got [nothing/almost nothing/crap]!!!! How is that fair??? [name of my army] isn't even competitive because of [stupid 4th edition rules/powergamers/tournament players/poltergeists/Darth Vader]!!!! GW used to care, but now all they want is to betray [veteran gamers/new gamers/people who like exclamation marks]!!! I'm not taking it anymore, that's for sure!!!!!

[Assertion of frustration. Please pick one and post in maximum font size:
- I'M SICK OF THEIR CRAP!!!
- I'M GOING TO START PLAYING [name of any other game ever made in the history of man] INSTEAD!!!!
- I'M GOING TO DEFECATE IN MY PANTS REPEATEDLY UNTIL THEY LEARN THEIR LESSON!!!]

Anyhow this is just to say [ $#*! / **#@ / *!##*! ] GW RIGHT IN THEIR STUPID [you can put pretty much anything here]!!!!!!! MODS YOU CAN DELETE THIS I DONT EVEN CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!

[Advanced option: Add a poll asking: "Does GW hate [name of my army]?", with these provided options:
- YES!
- YEAH AND THEY CRAP ON IT!
- GW SHOULD DIE!
- SLIPKNOT ROCKSSSS!!!!!]

[Add 25-line .sig here]

Subject:
Why Does GW Hate Stealth Marines?????

Body:
I don't get it!!!!!???? For years, GW has treated Stealth Marines like crap while Chaos Farm Animals gets all the attention!!! They got an overpowered codex and all the good models while Stealth Marines got nothing!!!! How is that fair??? Stealth Marines isn't even competitive because of poltergeists!!!! GW used to care, but now all they want is to betray people who like exclamation marks!!! I'm not taking it anymore, that's for sure!!!!!

Assertion of frustration. Please pick one and post in maximum font size:
- I'M GOING TO START PLAYING Connect 4 INSTEAD!!!!

Anyhow this is just to say **#@ GW RIGHT IN THEIR STUPID pancreas!!!!!!! MODS YOU CAN DELETE THIS I DONT EVEN CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!

[Add 25-line .sig here]
Kevan brain zombie nonsense, a bunch of 3 year old flash animations, 2 broken links, some myspace links, 3 blogs, a photobucket account with poorly photographed objects.

This is the biggest load of **** I've seen since "Who loves Eldar?"
Chaos Farm Animals overpowered? Please :rolleyes: If you can't beat them, you just suck. Maybe Connect 4 is a better tactical challenge for you.
It's not like Stealth Marines didn't get anything. Sure, Poltergeists are a bit poor for a basic Troops choice, but any player with some skill can use them just fine. And I hear the models are getting redone in a year or two.

So grow up already. I'm sick of Stealth Marine whining.

Away into the night with you.
I stand by my baseless accusations.
Just look at Chaos Farm Animals.
The fluff clearly says that sheep are more common, but everyone takes cows instead.
Infiltrating Cows are the stupidest things GW has ever come up with. And their curdled milk psychic power is utter cheese.

Actually there was a story in WD sometimes at the start of 2nd edition that described chaos cow-worlds, and armies from those worlds could easily be cow-heavy and still fluffy. Next time, you might want to check all obscure out of print sources before you make your baseless accusations.

And Curdled Milk can still be negated by a Psychic Hood. If you don't have one in your army, you're just a poor tactician.

Pfft, that's old fluff that was superseded in the campaign booklet for the upcoming global campaign "WTF is all this? Abaddons Petting Farm Crusade???"

Curdled Milk overrides Psychic Hoods. I asked the top studio staff this myself, and received this reply. "Curdled Milk overrides psychic hoods, now will you get off my damn property before I call the police? And quit stalking me"

I think that settles that rather weak argument.

Besides, Stealth Marines cannot take Librarians. Although they exist in the chapter according to Index Astartes 42, they are not available for selection as they are so stealthy they cannot be found.

Bullhockey! The latest book "Farming tools" comes after "WTF is all this? Abaddons Petting Farm Crusade???" and just because cows are rarer, what kind of ******** is that!? If I want to field an entire army of cows I should be able to! Because it's a THEME! My themed army is all cows! Plus I SHOULD be allowed to give each one a rending assault udder! It's only fair seeing as the base cow costs 42,3 points! Way overpriced and this will make it balanced!

I hate to break it to you guys, but CFA are getting Squatted.

Their newest book, "Farming tools" is now over 8 years old, the minis aren't available except by direct order (and some of those are even OOP), and they weren't allowed at the last GT.

It looks like "Deathworld Ants" will replace them. I've seen concept pics but I'm not allowed to post them.

odmiller
31-01-2007, 17:32
Lol. That has to be the funniest thread ever. Very nice, and, of course, very applicable today.

Orbital
31-01-2007, 17:37
I posted something like this about a year ago, and it got moved to the wastes. Keep a copy on your hard drive, just in case :)

Arhalien
31-01-2007, 17:43
LOL! Brilliant - I;m going to keep this in case GW manages to mess up the HE list even more when it comes out (I apoligise for the fantasy reference).

And what is taht Codex: chaos farm animals about? Is that what Guilders get up to in the Wastes? (if the wastes isn;t the guilder area I'm going to look a total idiot here :)).