PDA

View Full Version : Slaves to the black soil (BoC)

Zanusiekk
31-01-2007, 10:33
Hi, I thought I should start a log to track the progress of my new Beasts of Chaos army.

The theme is about a small Bretonnian village quite recently turned to Chaos by the lure of an ancient Chaos artifact buried in the woods outside their village. This artifact poisons the soil in the vicinity, and thus the crops, so they are quite literally getting Chaos in their daily bread. Some have even taken to eating the blackened soil itself, with predictable results.

To represent the gradual corruption I have assembled my beast herds from a mix of beasts and bretonnian men at arms parts. Some, especially the generations born to the blackened soil, are more bestial, whereas others are less affected physically. A few are still almost entirely human in appearance, albeit with a sickly and quite inhuman colour to match their forsaken souls.

I am trying to keep quite a steady pace with the painting. Time will tell on that one.

So far I have finished one test model, pictured below. Sorry about the dark pic, I don't have access to photoshop at the moment, but will fix in the future. Still, I hope you get the idea.

http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_18/07090000-07099999/640x480/7091390.jpg

Comments and criticism are always welcome!

simonjedi
31-01-2007, 19:36
I like that model alot

awsome fluff and idea as well

snatcheroo
31-01-2007, 19:40
Beautiful job on the axe head. Very very convincing.
:)

mrtn
31-01-2007, 22:20
Yeah, more beastmen! :D

I'd like to see more angles on that mini.

Galdur Hrafnsson
31-01-2007, 22:32
Sweet. Very Lovecraftian fluff there! I don't know if you've ever read it, but if you haven't, check out 'The Colour out of Space' by H.P. Lovecraft. Reminds me very much of your background.

I'm hoping to get started at some point on my own beastman army, also with a lovecraftian feel, but tzeentchian.

Anyway, enough rambling, I like your conversion and please continue to post more :)

EDIT: A little suggestion though, if I may be so bold? Looking closer, the bret parts look a little smaller, so maybe combine them mainly with ungors, which are closer to bret size? You could have the ungors as being the most human, with the gors being mostly beasty, maybe with just shredded clothes sculpted on and whatnot?

Zanusiekk
01-02-2007, 14:04
The Bretonnian parts are indeed a bit smaller than the beastman parts, and I pondered this dilemma for quite some time. After a bit of trial and error, though, I found a way to assemble them so that they don't look so much smaller, but instead that the clothes and armour seem to fit tighter around their bodies.
The test model, in my view, was the least successful of the gors (that is why I painted him first) in that he looks a bit squat. The others turned out much better, as I hope I will be able to show in a couple of days...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, there is more to come!

ampao
20-09-2007, 22:05
Nice model! Cant wait to see it finished

Frankly
07-01-2010, 20:12
Nice mate. Nice base and axe head.

Acerbus
08-01-2010, 05:14
Great idea, this sounds like it's gonna be a very cool log.

FLESHGRINDER
08-01-2010, 05:46
How did you do the rust on the axe head? It looks amazing

mrtn
08-01-2010, 16:48
Threadomancy! :eek:

Please don't bump a 2 year old thread like that.