PDA

View Full Version : Cherrios?

Stillfrosty
31-01-2007, 14:31
Cheerios?
I'm not too sure what to think of this one, but it happened to me yesterday, and I'll leave it as a warning to all gamers.

Some of you are aware that I wanted to get my ex-girlfriend into playing warhammer 40k, she was interested and I figured that we would be able to spend more quality time with one another. She wanted to play tyranids, so I traded off some fantasy stuff and started working on an army for her. A couple weeks after I started, she broke up with me, and the army wasn't touched since--she never played or used them.

So, after 6 months, I figured that she wasn't ever going to play, so I asked for them back along with a video game, and I would return some of her stuff I had laying around. She agreed. So we arranged last night to meet up at the local game store to exchange some stuff and be done with it.

She hands me a covered stationary box with the models inside and says that the game I was supposed to get back was scratched and couldn't be played (which probably means she gave it away or snapped it in half, I wasn't sure). So I put the models in my car, tipped the lid and I see that the whole army was covered in cherrios, but I didn't say anything until I got a closer look at them.

So I waited until she left took the box in the store and realized that she trashed the whole army I wanted to help her work on. She painted every model's head yellow and she used elmers glue to apply cheerios on the majority of the models. On the bottom of the box, she took all of the rocks, sand, bases, and spare/loose bits and glued them to the box and took all of the paint and covered them up in a tiedye effect when making the majority of the weapons useless. And to top it off, she threw about 5 lbs of cheerios to cover everything up.

Very creative? Whats the point? No clue.

Suffice to say, that I got all of the elmers glue and Cheerios off the models and laughed about the whole thing in front of my friends, and jokingly we might have a "cereal ban" at the store. Afterwards, I played a game with them and it helped take the whole thing off my mind.

So, now I am left with a bunch of tyranid models, with yellow heads that I can't complete without buying a couple frames and bases. The two carniflexs I had are completely trashed because of the sand and several bottle of paint, but everything else made it relatively unscathed (the good thing is they that they were mostly metal). I thought to myself, why would anyone go threw all of the hassle to do that? I'm not sure.

After thinking about all that happened to the army, I am left with two options, sell the rest of the army on ebay, or take up the army as my 6th and resurrect the army back from the dead and make it into a real life zombie nid army, which is what I wanted to do originally. If I did the later, I might even publish the whole story in FIREBASE just to give hope to all of us who had their armies trashed, stolen, damaged, etc in one way or another. I'm probably going to do the later.

Now I'm off to have some Cherrios

--Brandon

Curis
31-01-2007, 14:39
Aww man. I bet she was hoping you'd open them in the store after she'd gone. If I was there I'd have burst out laughing.

Begs the question, why is she so (amusingly and innovatively) bitter?

Please please please can you stick up some photos of the army?

Achilles
31-01-2007, 14:41
'Nothing worse thatn a woman Scorned', right...

I once accidentally sold my Necron Army...

I worked in a store who sold GW and my army case was brand new, haddend 'personalised' it yet. the entire 3000 pt army fit in there. (its not a GW product). we still had some other ones to. guy comes in, pics up an army case in the back and i sold it on the counter. later i realised it was my own case (army included) that i sold. the guy was not a regular at the store, and never saw him again... :wtf:

anyway, that was my sad story...
NEXT

Wonderdog
31-01-2007, 14:43
Break fluid mate - that'll clean ANYTHING. There is no glue, paint, or tasty breakfast product known to man that can withstand 30 minutes in the ring with this magical elixer.

It'll have all your plastics and metals clean as a whistle. Make sure and test it on some non essential parts first though, as some brands are a tad too nasty and can melt plastics if you leave em in too long!

Oh yeh, and go paint the bitches cat yellow and cover it in cheerios. That'll teach her.

#Wonderdog

Stillfrosty
31-01-2007, 14:45
Aww man. I bet she was hoping you'd open them in the store after she'd gone. If I was there I'd have burst out laughing.

Begs the question, why is she so (amusingly and innovatively) bitter?

Please please please can you stick up some photos of the army?

I'm not sure why she was so angry, we were on good terms a couple of days before, so who knows.

Anyways, I'll have to take some pictures of all of the cheerios and the yellow heads tonight or tomorrow. It is actually really funny, at least I think.

Huw_Dawson
31-01-2007, 14:50
I have a feeling some new bodyfriend of hers probably did it as a dumb joke... :\

- Huw

Stillfrosty
31-01-2007, 14:52
Either way its sad. I thought a second year college student was supposed to be serious, not a finger painting kindergardener...lol

Free Spirit
31-01-2007, 15:10
I had a good laugh on that one ( sorry if you find that offensive, but you probably won't ;) ), i've some mean ex girlfriends but they never did anything like that. It's a pretty bizarre attempt to **** you off. Well to answer your question... handfile! cutters! chaos black spray paint! Have fun with them mate!

Lord Humongous
31-01-2007, 15:29
She was pissed because you gave her something, then asked for it back. If you give a gift to your girlfriend, you don't ask to get it back after you break up. That's the rules.

Stillfrosty
31-01-2007, 15:58
I never said it was hers, I said that if she wanted to play, I wanted to help her out so I got an army to work on together, but she never worked on them, so they really weren't hers.

studderigdave
31-01-2007, 16:01
this is why i only date women that dont care for gaming. i dated "gaming" girls in the past and it always lead to trouble.

Catferret
31-01-2007, 16:09
this is why i only date women that dont care for gaming. i dated "gaming" girls in the past and it always lead to trouble.

Another reason not to date gaming chicks is that they are often plain stir crazy. That can be fun for a short while but when they tell you they tried to kill their stepdad it gets a little worrying. True story. She also told me at the worst possible time. No explicit details but it was in the bedroom...

I'm sure there are sane gamer chicks out there. I would love for a nice gamer lady to prove me wrong.

Angelus Mortis
31-01-2007, 16:29
Thats a truely unfortunate story, but do you really need to air your dirty laundry on the forums? I mean, I could of done with the part about the models getting trashed, but all the girlfriend crap makes you sound...well...pussified. No offense, just pointing out you could of left out the personal parts.

The Song of Spears
31-01-2007, 16:35
It almost sounds like she painted and glued them them sprayed glue all over them and then dumped cheerios all over them in the box then shook it all up like a snow globe :p

What a misfortunate thing to have happen, on both accounts. Betty luck on your next Betty mate :p

Stillfrosty
31-01-2007, 16:48
Thats a truely unfortunate story, but do you really need to air your dirty laundry on the forums? I mean, I could of done with the part about the models getting trashed, but all the girlfriend crap makes you sound...well...pussified. No offense, just pointing out you could of left out the personal parts.

Yeah, I can see your point, I could have worded it better, but its a little late now.

Shrike30
31-01-2007, 16:54
If he'd left out the personal parts, there wouldn't be any story worth telling :p

"My Tyranid models are covered in yellow paint and have cheerios glued onto them."
"... what? Why?"
"I can't tell you."

Lostanddamned
31-01-2007, 17:15
Well, at least she gave them back to you...

I made it a rule to never date gaming girls or try and get girls into gaming, its not worth the effort and the eventual trouble.

Angelus Mortis
31-01-2007, 17:26
If he'd left out the personal parts, there wouldn't be any story worth telling :p

"My Tyranid models are covered in yellow paint and have cheerios glued onto them."
"... what? Why?"
"I can't tell you."
What Im saying is he could of just said "I broke up with this pyscho and she did this to my models." Didnt need all the detail. Pics would of been cool though, I must say. :D

Sephiroth
31-01-2007, 17:29
A symbolic way of saying 'cheerio' to you?

The Song of Spears
31-01-2007, 17:31
Aww angleus mortis you are no fun! This guy had a genuine interesting 40k related story that i found sad and funny at the same time.

i think thats what the 40k general forum is for. 40k + life/random musings

i for one thought it great he shared that little tidbit of his life , make it feel more like a community :)

jfrazell
31-01-2007, 17:36
Actually before you go dunking those guys think about this. It sounds like you have the making of an excellent crazy conversion. Togerther, me and my son (when he was about 6) put a chimera and Leman together, and “painted” it with sparkly glue paint. It looks like Nurgle went to Mardi Gras and then barfed all over them. They are absolutely hilarious and I’ve always thought about an entire army made up like that.

You have the opportunity to develop wacky army here. Give thought to going with it, and give the historic Hello Kitty SOB list a run for their money.

Hideous Loon
31-01-2007, 17:40
I thought it was funny, yet sad in the same time. An interesting story that proves us that, yet again, the minds of the female kind are not to be trifled with.

Angelus Mortis, lighten up! That is an order!

And Shrike30, good one!

fantomex
31-01-2007, 18:09
Ahh, the vengeance of women, they really are not to be trifled with..:(

Nonetheless, Mrs Fantomex has stated that she would be interested in doing 40k, just to see whether or not she has any fine motor skills.

She probably likes the fact that I'm not just smoking, drinking, sleeping, and surfing the net...:D

Good job on salvaging the 'Nids though, I like the idea of Zombie 'Nids, this regular zombies, or Nurgle plague zombies?

loveless
31-01-2007, 18:22
"... what? Why?"
"I can't tell you."

oh lord, this sounds like a conversation we'd actually have in my gaming group

and yes...i shall be stealing this, kwahahaha

Captain Micha
31-01-2007, 20:07
dayum lol. Seriously though. Out of all the ways of vengeance I have seen at least the models were intact.... and fixable

Fear is the mind killer
31-01-2007, 21:41
Sounds like you've managed to escape being stuck with quite a headcase. Take it from me, you've had a lucky escape (I've married worse).

Wolflord Havoc
01-02-2007, 13:26
You could look at it another way.

You should be flattered.

The effort and thought involved in 'ruining' your models was way above simply stamping on them for example.

In fact I have known of armies that had less effort spent on them and were intended for tournaments.