PDA

View Full Version : Rune combos

Zanzibarthefirst
31-01-2007, 16:36
Any ideas for good rune combos for a dragon slayer and a runesmith. For the dragon slayer i was thinking of master rune of swiftness, rune of fury and master rune of kragg the grim.

For the runesmith, master rune of spite, rune of warding and rune of spellbreaking.

The Temenian
01-02-2007, 00:07
the dragon slayer looks pretty good, definitely a sweet combo

for the runesmith you put on 85 points of runes and they can only take 75

for a runesmith i would usually put on something like

master rune of balance, and rune of spellbreaking

or if your worried about him dying
master rune of balance or 2x rune of spellbreaking and rune of resistance or master rune of gromril

Mordu22
01-02-2007, 05:15
cannot double up on the master runes, only one per weapon. Just drop the Kragg the Grim and put on a rune of cleaving.

Zanzibarthefirst
01-02-2007, 12:34
cannot double up on the master runes, only one per weapon. Just drop the Kragg the Grim and put on a rune of cleaving.

would the rune of cleaving be worth it since slayers are always str =enemies T.

For the runesmith, i want to use a runelord instead with an anvil so hopefully he is less lkely to die.

T10
01-02-2007, 13:08
Slayer characters: always take Master Rune of Swiftness and two Runes of Cleaving. Stick him in a unit of Slayers with 3-4 Giant Slayers and ensure that he never gets locked up in a challenge. This enables him to kill off multiple enemy rank and file, thus preserving the otherwise vulnerable Slayers.

It's a no-brainer combination.

-T10

eleveninches
01-02-2007, 13:24
I normally just give my dragonslayer the master rune of skalf blackhammer

Gorog Irongut
01-02-2007, 19:26
I would send my dragonslayer in butt naked. Running around by himself, he can be shielded well enough from shooting and act as a 50 pt slayer unit. If he dies, oh well. That's what he wanted anyways.

As for the runesmith. Gromril w/ shield and great weapon. R of Stone. That there is great. You can tweak this with dispels or giving his armour the R of Resistance. You know have a character which provides 1 dispel dice which I have seen kill daemon princes in hth combat. And he costs under a 100 pts without the dispels. He gets to choose between a 1+ rerollable AS in combat or a 3+ AS rerollable while using his great weapon.

Alathir
01-02-2007, 23:10
One of my Dwarf Lord rune setups is.... Master rune of swiftness, rune of fury, rune of cleaving, rune of resistance and two runes of iron and is on shieldbearers

pretty balanced fella... always strikes first with 5 strength 5 attacks, he has a 1+ re-rollable armour save and 5+ ward save.

Varath- Lord Impaler
02-02-2007, 00:11
A daemon slayer is really fun

Give him the rune of smiting (D6 wounds)

run into an enemy unit alone, challenge the champ

Beat him down and break the unit with overwhelming combat res (Up to 24!!)

Highborn
02-02-2007, 02:09
A daemon slayer is really fun

Give him the rune of smiting (D6 wounds)

run into an enemy unit alone, challenge the champ

Beat him down and break the unit with overwhelming combat res (Up to 24!!)

er.. how? Max of 6 CR (1 for wound, 5 for overkill)

Mordu22
02-02-2007, 03:07
One of my Dwarf Lord rune setups is.... Master rune of swiftness, rune of fury, rune of cleaving, rune of resistance and two runes of iron and is on shieldbearers

pretty balanced fella... always strikes first with 5 strength 5 attacks, he has a 1+ re-rollable armour save and 5+ ward save.

How does this lord have a 1+ armour save?

Alathir
02-02-2007, 03:17
gromril armour, shield, parry bonus, shieldbearers.

Zanzibarthefirst
02-02-2007, 06:56
i'm not going to have a unit of slayers since my army is based on mining and gunpowder, the dragon slayer is therer for any dragon they meet in the mines.

Zanzibarthefirst
05-02-2007, 04:46
rather then have a runelord and anvil, should i just use thorek ironbrow, his improved ancient power and assistant would deal with my most things that come my way.

Alathir
05-02-2007, 04:52
Thorek Ironbrow is a monster that disgusts me... He is one of the few characters I really hate coming up against. I have no problem with the anvil, but an anvil with Thorek is ridiculous.

heretics bane
10-02-2007, 15:24
hi,any body got any good combos on how to kill a wardancer chapion with annoyance of nettlings? and wild riders? thanks in advance

Steel_Legion
10-02-2007, 15:43
just hope for 6's, or that axe you lob at people, 2 attacks at S4 or something, should keep the champion quite... :D Failing that, alot of attacks, some will hit, and they will hurt it alot, as for wild riders, just lots of attacks, they wont get their 5+ save since its a magical attack, and I think they only get 4/3+ so S5 will rip them to shreds, so rune of cleaving and fury?

eleveninches
10-02-2007, 19:50
313 points: Lord (handgun, shield, shieldbearers, rune of stone, master rune of smiting, rune of fury, rune of cleaving, rune of the furnace)
gromril armour with shieldbearers, shield, rune of stone: 0+ armour save
rune of fury: +1 Attacks
rune of cleaving: +1 Strength
master rune of smiting: each unsaved wound causes D6 wounds
rune of the furnace: immune to fire

275 points: Daemonslayer (vampire slayer, deathblow, master rune of skalf blackhammer, rune of fury)
vampireslayer: against enemies of T5 or greater, each unsaved wound becomes D6 wounds
deathblow: if killed, slayer can make all attacks before being removed, even if he has already attacked that turn
master rune of skalf blackhammer: always wounds on 2+
rune of fury: +1 Attack

360 points: Daemonslayer (skavenslayer, deathblow, master rune of smiting, rune of snorri spangelhelm)
skavenslayer: attacks are multiplied by number of enemies in base combat (max of ten)
deathblow: if killed, slayer can make all attacks before being removed, even if he has already attacked that turn
master rune of smiting: each unsaved wound causes D6 wounds
rune of snorri spangelhelm: +1 to hit

179 points: Dragonslayer (vampire slayer, master rune of skalf blackhammer)
vampireslayer: against enemies of T5 or greater, each unsaved wound becomes D6 wounds

290 points: Runelord (master rune of gromril, master rune of spite, master rune of skalf blackhammer, rune of fire)
master rune of gromril: 1+ armour save
master rune of spite: 4+ ward save
rune of fire: flaming attacks