PDA

View Full Version : Your Tabletop Team

th0r
31-01-2007, 18:16
Just wanted to know what you guys play for tabletop blood bowl and if you have some pictures put them up!

I started out playing Orcs, but have now moved on to HE's and Dwarves. I'm a bit slow painting as I don't do it a lot but heres a picture of my Talons of Ulthuan Linemen Elin (#1). Still got to fix the skin and other minor mistakes but you get the idea. I also make my BB teams out of WHFB models as there way better imo.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/th0r02/bb.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/th0r02/bb2.jpg

Deng Ham
31-01-2007, 19:57
I don't have pictures. But I pay Norse in real life. I use the starter sett humans for linemen, throwers, runners and blizers. I have convertet a warhammer Yeeti as my snow troll. And for ulfweren I use mauroder wariors.

Ixajin
31-01-2007, 20:05
I've started a Dark Elf team, though I still haven't had a chance to start painting them, so no pics yet.

Autobot HQ
31-01-2007, 22:20
I have a Chaos Dwarf team, and am actually in the middle of remodelling the lot of them. I'll post when I'm finished.

PhrollikK
01-02-2007, 13:43
I play mainly Orcs which I've converted from the WH40K and WHFB plastic kits. Also I've got teams for Chaos, Humans, Dark Elves and snotlings, about half painted all of them except for the orcs which are fully 16 man strong with coach, apo and ref. Tooks and edited some pics to show quickly. I've got player pics for all my players in my Bad Nags team...

http://www.eskilstunafigurspel.sverok.net/Annat/BB/orcteam.JPG

EVIL INC
01-02-2007, 16:49
We have a gallery section at Warseer where such things belong.
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/

Autobot HQ
01-02-2007, 18:30
Cause we never see pictures ANYWHERE else but galleries, you're right! :angel: hehe :p

th0r
01-02-2007, 18:49
We have a gallery section at Warseer where such things belong.
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/

What is your purpose in life? You come to our IRC channel and act stupid, then you send me a PM about sexual harassment because I called you "m8". Now your trolling our forum? Get a life dude.

tenpole
01-02-2007, 20:46
I'm with Thor on this one but not as aggressive. I have no problem with pictures being presented in our "friendly" little group.

Yorkiebar
01-02-2007, 22:26
I plan to put together the WarSeers as a tabletop team. Yorkie will use a few Necromunda House Goliath parts to be all manly and muscly, Brimmy will have a big hammer from the WHFB range, Sylass will have vampire parts and nick (my second blitzer, not yet hired on FUMBBL) will be represented by a Dark Eldar Sybarite, because he's all technological.

EVIL INC
02-02-2007, 03:00
thor, I have no idea why you insist upon trolling. I have no idea what burr you have up your butt that you feel the need to troll trying to start an arguement. If you have something personal against me please use the private message option rather then airing your dirty laundry clogging up the forums. Throughout the site pictures of our models, gangs and teams are asked by the administration to be kept in the gallery section as it clogs the server and slows down the forums. It is only comman courtesy to put them where they belong. For example, Catferret made a thread letting us know in the Necromunda forum section that he has his models posted in the gallery and kindly provided links to them. That is how it should be done.
As for my not having a right to be here, I have every right to be here as I enjoy playing Blood Bowl as much as the next person and also enjoy discussing it and the many and varied tactics and strategies needed to play it as well as the storyline and fluff that goes with the game.
Likewise, I have come into the irc channel a few times and participated in freandly banter there and discussed game strategies. If you feel that not all Warseer members are allowed to join the IRC channel, that is your perogative. I just do not agree with you. We should all be allowed to join it whether or not we have teams dedicated to that league so long as we do not cause trouble (as is the way I act when I join because I believe everyone should be treated with dignity and respect).
"We have a gallery section at Warseer where such things belong.
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/" Is hardly trolling. It is a short and polite reminder of the site rules. No name calling or accusations. Actually much nicer then what you would have seen from the Warseer Inquisition if they had seen the thread first.

Yorkie, that sounds like an excellent idea for a team. I would suggest that you use all members here to make your team (not sure if you already are if those are part of the league, if they are, my apologies). Please post pics of them in the gallery when you are done. ;)

Sylass
02-02-2007, 05:48
Actually, we don't have an official policy like that...and it's not really our job to babysit the personal problems you seem to have with each other. Calm down and keep it outside of the forums please.

-Sylass

*edit*
"Post you picture" in RM:
To avoid these threads in RM where users upload photos of themselves and comment pictures of other users. They are turning into spamfests pretty fast, that's why we asked to use the gallery for this.

Did that help to clarify it?

EVIL INC
02-02-2007, 07:15
This is exactly what I said, keep your personal issues with me out of the forums. I have no issues with you and fail to see why you have any with me. Contact me off of the forums if you wish to discuss what your issues with me are.
My apologies Sylas, I was basing my post upon such posts made by admins as this one...
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20769
and other similer ones throughout the forums.

PhrollikK
02-02-2007, 08:22
...Right.... Back to the subject:

I personally like converting teams from the plastic regiments to BB teams as it presents a challenge (ie. you do more than just cut off weapons, like positioning) and getting maybe 4 different looking types of players from one and the same mould isn't always easy. For my Black Orcs for example I had to extend the bodies as much as possible and glue the heads higher up on the necks and use Green Stuff to sculpt new necks, shoulders and muscles for them, all to make them look a head higher than the rest! The blitzers on the other hand I had to hunch down and make them look like they're charging/leaning forward to differentiate them. In the end I'm happy with the result although I didn't put too much time in painting them :p

th0r
02-02-2007, 08:23
Although this issue is resolved, the personal attacks started when you called me essentially gay for calling you "mate". After that it's pretty hard to take anything you say without already forming my opinion. As for pictures... check the rumor section or the painting section. The purpose wasn't to have my models shown to the world (as there not finished) but rather see whats up with other league members.

Cheers, and hopefully no more hostility eh, sorry.

tenpole
02-02-2007, 08:32
Please please Evil Inc rejoin fumbbl and get a team in warseer. I would love to see the grudge match.:eek:

Autobot HQ
02-02-2007, 08:59
Seconds the grudge match idea - Settle this on the field like real men. Only panseys fight with words, real men use spikes ... Then words after :p

I would lilke to say that if this thread became a case of pages upon pages of team photos then I would second its move into the gallery, but with just a couple of pictures here at the moment and mainly this being a discussion about what teams we have, not just how they look, as well as about the modelling projects, I don't see a problem with this. I don't look to cause hostility by saying this, just simply stepping in to give my view as the Head of Warseers Blood Bowl league. Again I'd like to mention, should this become a photofest then Evil Inc is right that this should be the galleries.

However, with that said Evil INC I do know the forum rules and will happily enforce them on the group myself, though thank you for the assistance :)

EVIL INC
02-02-2007, 15:51
Sylas solved the problem by editing the thread where he said what I mentioned to only mean pictures of people.
Edit= Well, it looks like I was wrong. He has not edited the sticky announcement to specify what pictures are meant to be posted in the gallery yet. Hopefully he does soon to avoid confusion.

For you being gay, that was not implied or meant at all. I do not know the gender of 99.9% (or some other ridiculously high number) of the members here and had no way of knowing yours. I have family and freands who are gay/lesbian and fully support thier rights and actually push multicultural awareness to protect thier rights. Another problem with fumbble as discrimination abounds there.
There is no grudge so no cause for a grudge match. Thor and I spoke last night and ironed things out. Although a game for fun would be nice, it will not happen on fumbble. I sent a support ticket a while back in requesting that they perma-ban my account to prevent me from getting weak and breaking my self imposed protest/exile.
Autobot would be a good choice for mod for this section of forum. You might want to start a local petition for that here or in the helpdesk. It would help keep things going smoothly and lower the workload of the other admins and mods.

tenpole
02-02-2007, 18:06
I like that proposal for having Autobot as a mod for this forum. I would save me getting a second strike as he would remove my blundering offence before it caused any.
There is no such thing as a permanent ban as I am sure Christer will be fair, righteous and godly.

th0r
02-02-2007, 18:41
I for one would like to be a moderator of this forum since I spend a lot of time on warseer (and not to mention being a staff member of the WBBL). Still, not likely to happen so just wishful thinking.

LordSnotball
06-02-2007, 11:33
my TT team was dark elves, i had a fantastic 1-0-25 record with them, and retired the team with 6 players.

atm my closest opponent is 2hrs away and i have to make 2 border crossings to get there (croatia-rijeka through slovenia to italy-trieste). promised the guy to contact him nx time i go that way, haven't heard from him in 2 years...

so, no TT for me unfortunately... tis a pity, my painted team ruled, and i even had an old ref painted (for the sake of a head coach of course)...

-Snottie

Yorkiebar
06-02-2007, 12:14
"Post you picture" in RM:
To avoid these threads in RM where users upload photos of themselves and comment pictures of other users. They are turning into spamfests pretty fast, that's why we asked to use the gallery for this.

Did that help to clarify it?Yep. To be honest though, no-one uses the Gallery. You can of course use your Profile Pic space, or there's a (inactive) WarSeer group on flickr (http://flickr.com/groups/55892430@N00/), or the WarSeer HotOrNot (http://scoreboards.hotornot.com/warseer) scoreboard.

[/completely off topic]