PDA

View Full Version : 750 points of empire for 3rd March.

kris.sherriff
31-01-2007, 19:24
Hi all.
I have been hoping to do an empire army for about 3 years now and even had about 1500 points of the old stuff around the house. With the release of the new Empire I decided to take the plunge and got the army deal.
One of my Friends who also plays empire wanted to go to conflict and got us a ticket to play in the doubles tournament.
So having known that I need my army painted since mid December I have a total of 6 models finished!!!
I really need to get a move on so I need all the encouragement you lot can offer.

Army list is
1 Captain (Finished)
24 Halberdiers (5 finished the rest undercoated)
20 Crossbows (assembled)
5 Handgunners (assembled)
10 Swordsmen (assembled)
10 Huntsmen (assembled)
6 Pistoliers (5 assembled)

I am doing a Wissenland Army (with possible nuln contingent) as that is where my Captain is from, I was converting him for whfrp so he now gets his own army.
OK wish me luck.
Kris

Mooglemen
31-01-2007, 19:29
Good luck on that. ~70 models done in a month is a lofty goal, but you can do it with a bit of focus and determination... and no sleep.

SonofUltramar
31-01-2007, 19:40
Get it done, damn your eyes. I've got only one model technically finished but by the end of this weekend i'll have the Handgunners, Mortar and Cannon done. By the way the other half of the army is:

Warrior Priest (undercoated)
Wizard (Finished)
12 Handgunners (nearly there0
24 Swordsmen (undercoated)
Mortar (again, nearly there)
Cannon (also nearly there)

I know my side of the force is smaller but i did say i'd help finish Kris', then again i may just beat him with a stick:)

Arhalien
31-01-2007, 19:43
Any pictures likely to come soon Kris? And your one finished model Ultramar? Sorry7 for bing impatient, but I like pretty pictures :).

Good luck getting this all done.

kris.sherriff
31-01-2007, 20:04
Ok any excuse not to paint lol here are some pictures.
Marcus Von Eldradson and 5 Pfeildorf halbadiers

Arhalien
31-01-2007, 21:15
Nice combination of old and new kits there. Are the captain's legs re-posed or from the old box? Whatever they are they look good.

Good luck again getting this finished.

Warwolt the skaven
31-01-2007, 21:19
Pretty nicely painted, but a tip is. Take some black ink, and wash it out with 75/25 water/paint ratio and apply to the convolutions. Itīll look alot better, as its alot of white down in those lines currently
(HOWDY SKAVENGUY! :D)

kris.sherriff
31-01-2007, 22:11
Pretty nicely painted, but a tip is. Take some black ink, and wash it out with 75/25 water/paint ratio and apply to the convolutions. Itīll look alot better, as its alot of white down in those lines currently
(HOWDY SKAVENGUY! :D)
Will do, hadn't noticed how bad they were till I took the photo. Then again it is the back rank lol.

The legs are just from the old set. Was going to reposition the legs but when I found these they had the look I was going for.:cool:

kris.sherriff
31-01-2007, 23:06
Thought you may want to see my captains pistol bearer.
He will be in my halbadier unit stood next to Marcus until some one at GW tells me I can't use him.

kris.sherriff
02-02-2007, 22:31
5 More halbediers finished only 14 more to do:)

Steel_Legion
02-02-2007, 22:36
Keep it up, at this rate you should be done on time :D 65 left is it not? so if you can do about 2 a day, sorted!