PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Daemon Legion

Venomizer
31-01-2007, 20:20
I've fiannly settled on what fantasy army I'll hopefully be starting in the not to distant future - a khorne daemon legion

so I've thrown together a draft list for feedback/suggestions/generally ripping apart

Exalted Daemon (K'Zul)

- Mark of Khorne
- Soul Hunger
- Diabolic Splendor

Daemonic Herald (Uz'rah)

- Mark of Khorne
- Armour of Khorne

.::Core::.

15x Bloodletters
- Full Command

15x Bloodletters
- Full Command

15x Bloodletters
- Full Command
- Unholy Icon

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

.::Special::.

3x Bloodcrushers

3x Bloodcrushers

Bull
31-01-2007, 21:54
I have 5,000 pts of Khorne Deamons and find that you will need, please note, NEED the battle standard for the Herald. It is worth its weight in gold! I go for larger units in 2000 point battles and don't bother with the Bloodcrushers (even though they are awesome and I use a unit of 7 + herald in 5000 for my frontal charge unit of - taking on everything at once while my army advances - DOOM). Ahem, sorry about that. I've yet to lose a battle with my Deamons and although in 2000 points I don't like the idea of having him, I field the greater deamon (forgeworld of course). This is the basis of all tactics!

You put him on the flank and fly him up 20" to look down the enemy battle line, he is large so can see everything and has 20" of charge so can charge everything (ok, maybe not but everything within range :p), your opponent is forced to react to him, usually too much and yet not enough. They will take of say 5 or 6 wounds if they're lucky and will have put too much trust in their troops leaving a flank open on a block of speamen (I guarantee it). Then you charge, and if he runs, who cares you're in the middle of his army, terror causing making his entire battle line collapse and then when he tries to finish you off with everything he can use, he realises that, although worth 750 vp's he was only a distraction, as 2 units of 20 bloodletters a unit of 30 and 2 units of 8 dogs hit parts of his line which are all out of alignment and then by games end, he has nothing, and you have lost a bloodthirster.

Ok, so I rant, I know. I'm sorry.

Venomizer
31-01-2007, 22:57
Hmmm, so lose the bloodcrushers (it'll certainly save me the conversion work), upgrade the herald to a BSB

add more bloodletters & flesh hounds................

I'm a little reluctant to use a bloodthrister, one mf my most regular opponants will my my brother & he's been playing off and on since pretty much since I was 2-3 years old - also the fact of the hellblaster volley gun & steam tank ripping me a new one

cheers for that Bull, I'll work on draft list Version 2.0 in a while & post it tomorrow

DeathlessDraich
01-02-2007, 10:21
Bull is right, the greater Icon is almost obligatory in any Daemonic legion.
Unholy icon is also useful but most opponents will lure the Bloodletter unit with this away from the main arena.

The strongest Khorne DL usually has a Bloodthirster - worth considering

Venomizer
01-02-2007, 10:56
Right...........I've drawn up another Bloodthirster-less list, I'll post the Bloodthirster one when I get the numbers right

Exalted Daemon (K'Zul)

- Soul Hunger
- Mark of Khorne
- Diabolic Splendour

Daemonic Herald (Uz'rah)

- Mark of Khorne
- Diabolic Splendour
- Greater icon of chaos

.::Core::.

20x Bloodletters
- Full Command

20x Bloodletters
- Full Command

20x Bloodletters
- Full Command
- Unholy Icon

8x Flesh Hounds
8x Flesh Hounds
8x Flesh Hounds

Zanzibarthefirst
01-02-2007, 13:40
what about furies, although they are not khorne they can still be used and provide a more effective wizard/war machine hunter then flesh hounds.

Bull
01-02-2007, 23:18
Zanzibarthefirst you're right, in my normal Chaos army I find them to be one of the most consistant parts of the army, but it's a Khorne Deamon list! No weakling non-Khornate deamons here please!

That list looks good imho! The 3 units each of letters and hounds allows you a good variation of speed and will give you 3 ranks & std in combat that your opponent will absolutely HAVE to remove letting the hounds reach them reletively unscathed. Keep the Deamon Prince as he's cheaper and can in effect do the same as a thirster and if in the end you think that you need something harder drop a unit of hounds and put the thirster in to have a try. Make sure you put the unit with the icon in the centre though to make it harder for them to be lured away from the frontal battle line and make sure you have a unit of dogs with the main line to chew up and spit out any units used to lure you're units away, they're fantastic for this.

Also, just so you know, NEVER declare a charge with a Khorne army. If you're in range you have to charge, so who cares and all it'll do is slow you down.

gjnoronh
01-02-2007, 23:25
Might as well add a magic standard to the herald. Banner of rage if you see him going in a big letter unit makes them much more effective. Warbanner otherwise.

A herald on bloodcrusher can join the fast cav fleshhounds and be awfully useful.

Have you checked out www.thedaemoniclegion.com? If you are designing a DL or even a daemon heavy HoC list it's a good place to get advice

DeathlessDraich
02-02-2007, 15:22
what about furies, although they are not khorne they can still be used and provide a more effective wizard/war machine hunter then flesh hounds.

1 unit of Furies require 1 Undivided character.

As for the list, what happened to the Bloodcrushers?

Most Khorne lists stop at 2 units of TrueCore

theDarkGeneral
04-02-2007, 19:56
Hmmm...I think the first list is much better then the second list...

I have a rather large Chaos Army as well...over 40,000pts worth in models...about 12,000pts in just the almighty Daemons!

I've also been playing very heavily on the RTT scene with my Daemonic Legions lists...I have but 1 loss to a Top player(Stefan Viter), 2 Draws and 81 Wins...and that's just in 6th/7th Edition of course...so I have some thoughts and advice for you, hopefully some of it will help...

*Exalted Daemon: Here's where you don't want to really get skimpy...take a Daemon Prince...a Bolt Thrower can't take him out in a single shot...give him the Chaos Disruption, Diabolic Splendor and Spell Breaker...he's not a tool for killing things really, but a leader...use the LD(10)!...there are many times that you will loose Close Combat by just 1 point, and hope not to roll a 10!

*Daemonic Herald: I think I'm the only Daemonic Legions player here on the West Coast that doesn't use this guy...I have no need for the Greater Icon of Chaos...faith in my troops, and reliable playing will help you avoid bad situations...they'll still happen, but not often enough to warrant this expensive model...

*Bloodletters: I always field units within the Chosen Numbers...it's just a preference and you tend to get scored higher by your opponent in Tournaements for it...so my units are 16 strong, FC and one unit with the Unholy Icon...in my all Khorne list, just 2 units of Bloodletters is needed

*Flesh Hounds: A great unit...should be 8 models though, as they tend to live a bit longer and follows theme.

*Bloodcrushers: Another great unit...field 2 units of 4...this will get your opponents attention very quickly!...use them to swarm one flank or double up the middle with the Daemon Prince ready to lend his support in a combo Charge...

*Chariot of Khorne: A great model, great unit and VERY intimidating...oh the havoc it can wreak on the enemy, especially on a Flank charge...

Hope this helps...

Drow
05-02-2007, 00:59
Seems good, A little low on variation but still seems good, Khorne lists have a tendanse to become very boring to play after a while unless you are really committed to the blood good.

And always, always squeeze in as many dispel dices as you can.