PDA

View Full Version : So What Do We Want?

Quetzl
17-07-2005, 23:21
Hi!

So we all have a rough idea of the developments a GW, firstly the behemoth named Wood Elves and shortly after that it is sort of agreed thats Dwarfs are on the agenda. After that it becomes a bit mysty as people don't really know what is next, it could be the 6th edition update, it could be more revisions, it could be more realm books or it could be complete new armies.

Honestly nobody knows and we could guess all day, but more that guessing I think it would be great if we could get your views on what is coming out next or at least what you would want to come out next as their is no harm in that ;) .

So here is a poll to show this so please vote for what you would like to see.

Cheers to those who contribute.

Sgt John Keel
17-07-2005, 23:45
Cool High Elves and Empire.

And number one priority is Chaos Dwarves with Big Hats TM.

It would also be interesting what Gav will do with the variant lists, and if they expand any more on the High Age artifacts.

/Adrian

malisteen
18-07-2005, 03:21
I don't care what they put out as long as it's cool, looks good, and gets a reasonable amount of play testing and copy editing.

Ifurita
18-07-2005, 03:24
They should have stuck with the original chaos dwarves, the ones that looked like chaos with the bazooka, petard, whirlwind, and tenderizer.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
18-07-2005, 03:34
a price "adjustment" in the other direction...yes, wishful thinking was the end of me in my last life too.

Adlan
18-07-2005, 08:02
Dogs Of War!
Chaos Dwarfs!
Then A Rules Big Debate,

Ethereal Alpaca
18-07-2005, 09:01
I want chaos dwarves! IMO they should be a bit like the Granbretans from Hawkmoon, using wierd science-sorcery.

Apart from that though, nothing. Especially not a rules update; Can't be bothered to read through new rules. Let's not even start on buying them....

Crube
18-07-2005, 09:47
Chaos Dwarf please - preferably 'sans les chapeaux grands'

I much prefer the older style - more chaos-y

Either that or some new, original stuff would also be cool

Chuffy
18-07-2005, 09:52
Dogs of War/Tilea/Estalia.

Campaign sourcebook detailing the crusades and Araby. New armies of Estalians and Arabians.

Chaos Dwarfs.

Some new Orc models, new savage Orcs, new forest goblins, new boar boyz.

Snoozer
18-07-2005, 09:57
I want chaos dwarfs, not because I love the fluff or anything, but because I have a lot of orcs already and I'm cheap :(

:D

Mad Doc Grotsnik
18-07-2005, 12:19
First up, new character models for my beloved Druchii. The current ones we have, or rather don't have (Noble? Highborn? BSB? Sorceress on Horsey??) are quite simply, *****.

Sod those poncy High Elves gits. Give me my Druchii. Give me them now! Oh, and more plastic boxed sets. Rules are pretty much dandy, though it would be nice if they could amalgamate all the special stuff, like splinter lists, Royal Hydras and that into one volume. Perhaps an annual update for your chosen army, purchased direct from Mail Order?

But yeah, a proper, cohesive Dogs of War list would be kind of cool!

Sgt John Keel
18-07-2005, 12:20
They should have stuck with the original chaos dwarves, the ones that looked like chaos with the bazooka, petard, whirlwind, and tenderizer.

Oh, they were cool too, but the hats add character.

I'd like if they stopped trying to Łber-stylize everything they put their hands on. A bit of sillyness is cool.

/Adrian

Scythe
18-07-2005, 13:06
I'd like a few rules revisions (eg 7th edition rulebook). The magic phase needs some change, as does the shooting phase. Those are the biggest problems I can see for now. After that, it would be nice to see some army books being updated. After Dwarfs it would be nice to see updated rules for Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves (well, just throw all errata and variant lists like CoS in one army book and I'm happy), Skaven etc, not in any particular order. New armies can wait in my opinion. Realms books are nice enough, but some armies need updating more badly...

Ophidian
18-07-2005, 13:17
One thing I'd like (although I'm buggered if I know how they can do it without re-doing ALL the books) is a bit more variety in the army lists!

Empire, Orcs: loads of troop types, brilliant!
HE, DE, maybe Dwarves: quite a few troop types
Lizards, VC, OK, probably others: hardly any 'choice' whatsoever. (I find it particularly annoying for the Vamps, but that's just me)

Odin
18-07-2005, 13:24
Dogs of War

Chaos Dwarfs (the Hellcannon was a good start).

Another Realm book or two.

7th edition eventually - 6th is just fine, but there are some improvements which could be made, particularly around the magic system.

Model wise, I'd like to see: grittier looking Empire troops, particularly the plastics, god-specific chaos warriors and ones with great weapons (more dynamic please!), Plastic Bestigors.

Crazy Harborc
18-07-2005, 18:13
Be careful what you wish for. :eek: People wanting this and that changed are always pointed at by the suits at GW as the reasons for the next edition of whatever coming out every 4/5 years. In other words based on GW's track record I DON'T trust GW to only twik the rules of 6th WHFB. I smell a major revision to the rules armybooks and minies.

Quetzl
18-07-2005, 18:24
But in some way, it should be the consumers who give feedback and tell GW what they should be doign next. I mean we buy the stuff, we keep their company going and we don't even get asked what we want next.

In my opinion thats bad buisness and it shouls be altered.

Exavier
18-07-2005, 18:24
I want Estalia and those 'other countries'. However, I want some countries to be left out, i.e. Cathay and :angel: Nippon :angel: , but to have fluff and rules, so you can make your own unique armies along a set theme.

Disposable Hero
18-07-2005, 19:25
More Realms, please.

And re-do some models in the game just to get the models up to the new standards like the beast-herds and the Chaos warriors.

Oh, and I would very much like the Gaming Club Network to expand into Europe.
And I would also like topless female opponents.

:0)
18-07-2005, 20:11
I want Chaos Dwarves with the big hats.

fracas
18-07-2005, 20:18
Inde, Cathay, Nippon army books and models.

neXus6
18-07-2005, 20:22
I want new empire plastics that don't look crap.
Followed by Chaos Dwarves with character, i.e. big hats.
Then Humans from other areas.

But yeah a revision of the Empire plastics is a must, I mean the spearmen, handgunners and state troops are now the oldest plastic models and they are rubbish, the frills look good on the metal models but look terrible with the poor detail of the old plastics. This is the only thing stopping me from doing an empire army.

Cherubael
18-07-2005, 22:49
Another vote for Chaos Dwarfs here, with or without the big hats, given i already have a full army of them already im not particulary bothered what any new models would look like.

Kelroth
18-07-2005, 23:02
Chaos Dwarfs.

Then update the main book, to 6.5 rather than 7. Just bring all the various erratas and FAQS into one centralised work, and maybe tinker with certain problematic concepts.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
19-07-2005, 00:26
I want a new Warhammer Encyclopedia...like the old one (with orcs vs high elves and there were three dragons on the front), except updated and also not just pertinent to the armies that are playable, but also the armies that are merely mentioned (kislev, araby, estallia/tilea, cathay, ind, nippon, pigmeys, etc). A great fluff book.

:0)
19-07-2005, 01:05
and maybe tinker with certain problematic concepts.

You can't fool me, you just want those awesome hats gone. Stop trying to sugarcoat it!

daryl_ks
20-07-2005, 03:58
I would like to see more articles on BG supplying new ideas for current armies instead of plugging the latest thing....

Sure GW has to sell their new lines but one article per BG, rotating amongst existing (read old) armies would surely help to keep interest in current gamers...

Of course we would not be good gamers if we were not buying the latest tho...

Grand Warlord
20-07-2005, 04:26
CHAOS DWARFS... FOR HASHUT AND SNEAKY GITZ... sorry bout that.. got ahead o fmyself.. oh and earthshakers and death rockets lol

User Name
20-07-2005, 05:21
I voted chaos dwarfs, if they are going to introduce a new race they should at least cover all the old ones first, DoW too for that matter

Lord Kitchener
20-07-2005, 16:41
Chaos Dwarfs for me too. I'm not worried too much about new models, unless they're for new unit types; I just want the army book. When GW were selling off their lead figures very cheap several years ago, I went in and literally cleared the shelves. I purchased six death rockets five Hell cannons, three great Lamasu, over 60 blunderbusses, four regiments of Centaurs and loads and loads of warriors, HobGobs and such. Some of this stuff I passed on to friends in the club, but I still have a good strong collection.

Iíd like to see new plastic Empire Handgunners.

It would be nice to see a few modifications to the current rules set, like Magic for instance. The problem with changing rules to much is the fear that a successful club can struggle to run, as it looses to many members because of such changes. Iíve seen it myself and itís a great shame to see all the collections of other gamers, cast aside because they canít justify making such amendments to compensate. At my club, we have decided to look at the new rule set, when it finally comes out, have a get together and decide if we stick with current set or change over.

Martin K

mirakel_jocke
20-07-2005, 17:31
Mmm, Chaos Dwarfs!

Yeah, I guess that that is what I would like to be the next army they do, other then that, new Swordmaster models to HE and maybe some new White Lions!

/Mirakel_Jocke

Knight Panther
22-07-2005, 00:52
I'd rather see a 6th ed. update since I'm tired of having to search through all my White Dwarfs and Chronicles to find rules....

johnblund
22-07-2005, 04:14
A high elves revison maby? :D

arxhon
22-07-2005, 06:25
I'd like to see a game that doesn't require the equivalent of a downpayment on a car and an entire afternoon to play effectively. :D

Also, a cleaned up rulebook and properly balanced forces, but that's secondary to the above.

T3H_Maddness
22-07-2005, 18:19
I think we need a mix of things including: a new rule book, some more stuff, and maybe instead of a new race for "chaotic dwarves" maybe they could create kinda of a new chapter i guess u could say and then use the same models just painted eviler and different rules( and like some new models for that chapter)! I also know this wasnt on the poll and alll of you guys are from europe. I think they need a Forgeworld store in the US of A.

Griefbringer
23-07-2005, 09:21
Fishmen it should be, I would say! Let there be more pike in this game!

75hastings69
23-07-2005, 09:46
CD please Mr Hedstrom (and keep Trish Morrison well out of the way!!!!)

Gazak Blacktoof
23-07-2005, 12:19
I'd like to see a game that doesn't require ...

...an entire afternoon to play effectively. :D

That all depends who you're gaming against, one of my mates takes sooo long that games regularly run for 3 1/2 hours but against my brother and one of my other mates anything over 2 is out of the ordinary.

Erm, any back on topic. I'd like to see more realms books and a revision of the core rules follwed by chaos dwarves when DE, HE, dwaves and skaven have been revamped.

I'd really like to see a realms book dealing with fighting in underground caverns.

Griefbringer
23-07-2005, 12:30
I'd really like to see a realms book dealing with fighting in underground caverns.

Great idea, though that would work best for skirmish gaming!

Also with the Fishmen coming out I would like to see some special rules for the underwater combat. Hopefully also with some Orc and Dwarf models in primitive diving suits.

Warlord Gnashgrod
23-07-2005, 14:48
What I would like to see is mission scenarios a bit more like they have for 40K, where there are 'secondary objectives' that score you additonal VPs.

They have these for RTTs, but it would be nice to have some generic ones in the main core rules as well. It would make the games more interesting.

Sojourner
23-07-2005, 16:07
Wider model range. Revamp the Empire plastics in particular, and release lots more metal variants.

Also finish the whole system as a coherent entity and polish it up to eliminate all the errors and confusion.

Sojourner
24-07-2005, 10:11
All hail Sojourner, purger of n00bs, killer of otherwise-interesting threads!

nurglich
24-07-2005, 13:14
I voted Chaos dwarfs :evilgrin: Bring them back God damn it! I also think the DE need updated mini's like the HE one's. I really can't see how they (GW) are going to do there ''mostly plastic'' idea given that the complete lack of shelve space problem won't be solved, i mean yea there won't be so many blister's but won't there just be bigger box's in there place?

Gabacho Mk.II
24-07-2005, 21:49
I would like to see GW working on a 7th ed, one which will have more detailed rules and examples...

I would also like to see the continuation of the Realm books, from all of the Warhammer world. (ie; Nippon, Cathay, Ind, etc)

I could care less for the release of the Chaos Dwarfs. However, I am positive that the CD's will be released sometime in the future.

Opus T. Penguin
25-07-2005, 05:56
Chaos Dwarves sans hats and Dogs of War, please.

AKBandito
26-07-2005, 10:38
- Some Cathayan army(ogre kingdoms dont count)
- new Magic system
- more clan specific armies for all the warhammer armies..
eg. kislev,cult of ulric...etc for empire.