PDA

View Full Version : Magic Weapons / Armor on let's say...Blorcs?

DaBrode
01-02-2007, 01:48
When giving a hero these items do the effects count regardless of whether you're actually using it in that round?

For example, a Black Orc Big Boss has the Sword of Battle granting +1 attack. If I choose to go Armed-to-da-teef with great weapons for that Unit in the next round (and I declare the same for my Big Boss) does this mean he loses the +1 att for that combat?

On the one hand it makes sense but on the other it seems odd to pay for a magic weapon / armor ability and not be able to use it.

I guess I'm wondering if the item grants the ability to the holder or does it have to be wielded at the time in order to give benefits?

alextroy
01-02-2007, 02:09
No. A character with a magic shield only benefits from it while actually using it. However a character armed with a magic melee weapons must always use the magic weapon in combat.

Therefore a Black Orc Big Boss cannot choose to use his Great Weapon if he is armed with a Sword of Battle. He must use the Sword of Battle.

DaBrode
01-02-2007, 03:18
No poop? Huh, I figured that was the case for most heroes but I figured cuz Armed-to-da-teef was a special rule for Blorcs that they were played different.

alextroy
01-02-2007, 04:21
The last sentence of Armed to da teef notes that a Black Orc character armed with a magic weapon loses the benefit of the special rule.

DaBrode
01-02-2007, 06:47
The last sentence of Armed to da teef notes that a Black Orc character armed with a magic weapon loses the benefit of the special rule.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm at work without my book else I woulda looked it up. ;)

Tutore
01-02-2007, 07:25
Characters follow their own rules, and magic weapons must be used if still available.