PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Ironskin Ogre Kingdoms

Toppan
01-02-2007, 02:15
so...ive finally decided my theme and such for my army. im going to go ironskin!
my reasons
a. i love armor and metal...its just cool to be a juggernaut, literally
b. i really want to use rhinox riders because theyre essentially scratch built...and i love doing that
c. no one i know plays them or even knows of them, and i love being unique
d. ironguts and leadbelchers as core!

ok, so here is my army list so far...

Lord - Ghark Ironskin w/ Mechanical Rhinox - 485pts
Hero - Bruiser - Cathayan Longsword and Heavy Armor - 142pts
Hero - Butcher - 2 Tooth Gnoblars, Dispel Scroll x1 - 160pts
Core - 4 Ogre Bulls - Standard, Extra Hand Weapons - 176pts
Core - 4 Ogre Bulls - Standard, Ironfists - 180pts
Core - 4 Ironguts - Standard, Musician - 222
Core - 4 Ironguts - Standard with War Banner, Musician - 247
Special - 20 Gnoblars - Groinbiter - 42pts
Special - 3 Rhinox Riders - Heavy Armor, Standard - 342

Total - 2001pts

let me say that Ghark and the rhinoxen are not built yet, but the rest of the army is. in keeping with the ironskin theme, i was reluctant to not choose the light armor upgrade for my bulls. I also was sort of reluctant to give no magic items to my bruiser and no ward save to Ghark.

speaking of, is ghark a special character in all sense of the word?

anyway, i read the ogre book again and something sort of made me a bit sad. "scores of leadbelchers" it said. well, i want to play fluffy...this army isnt built to be pure OMG I WANNA WIN, its supposed to be fun and flavorful.

so can anyone possibly edit this list so that i can possibly better equip my ogres but keep the rhinoxen? theres only one tyrant of the Ironskin tribe...so i doubt im going to get rid of him.

perhaps someone with experience could tell me how to use such a list?

Skandalix
01-02-2007, 12:17
Where you can get that special Ironskin list?? and what's Mechanical Rhinox?? :/

DesertDirge
01-02-2007, 17:31
Nothing wrong with the list besides the Mecanical Rhinox! Orgres don't really have the know-how to build such things. But I'm sure you could work it in some how.

Minister
01-02-2007, 17:54
It's the special character's mount, built for him by Chaos Dwarves.

Can't comment on the list as I'm here looking for other peoples' Ogre lists to steal kunnin' plans from...

Toppan
02-02-2007, 01:41
ok here is my non ironskin ogre list, for comparison
i think i actually like this one more because i can fit more things in it that i want, plus im not skilled enough to build Ghark just yet

Lord - Tyrant - Heavy Armor, Seige Breaker, Kineater Big Name, Fistful of Laurels, Wyrdstone Necklace - 306pts
Hero - Battle Standard Bearer - War Banner, Heavy Armor - 184pts
Hero - Butcher - 2 Tooth Gnoblars, Dispel Scroll x1, Bloodcleaver - 190pts
Core - 4 Ogre Bulls - Standard, Light Armor, Extra Hand Weapons - 188pts
Core - 4 Ogre Bulls - Standard, Light Armor, Ironfists - 192pts
Core - 35 Gnoblars - Groinbiter - 72pts
Special - 4 Ironguts - Standard, Musician - 222pts
Special - 4 Ironguts - Standard, Musician - 222pts
Special - 3 Rhinox Riders - Champion, Heavy Armor, Standard, Musician - 423pts

Total - 1999pts

what do you think of it, seeing as how i get what i want without sacrificing anything but ghark, which is probably not even legal in most games. a tyrant on a rhinox that doesnt go crazy, causes terror...its insane

oh and the ironskin list is in the rhinox riders dogs of war entry on the website.