PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Goblin

kaelis ra
01-02-2007, 07:04
This is my first attempt at G&O, so what do you think.

HEROS
GOBLIN SCHAMAN
Level 2 Wizard
Wolf Chariot
Staff of Sneaky Stealing

GOBLIN SCHAMAN
Level 2 Wizard
Wolf Chariot
Nibbla's 'itty Ring

CORE UNITS
6 GOBLIN-WOLF RIDERS
Shortbows
Spears
Musician

6 GOBLIN-WOLF RIDERS
Shortbows
Spears
Musician

6 GOBLIN-WOLF RIDERS
Shortbows
Spears
Musician

6 GOBLIN-WOLF RIDERS
Shortbows
Musician

6 GOBLIN-WOLF RIDERS
Shortbows
Musician

SPECIAL UNITS
2 GOBLIN-SPEAR CHUCKAS

2 GOBLIN-WOLF CHARIOTS

Teach
01-02-2007, 10:29
Cool wolfband! But to much shaman for my liking. And losse the spear chuckas (or mount them on chariot), they don't fit in the army.

kaelis ra
01-02-2007, 11:36
Are you allowed to mount a spear chucka on a chariot?

The main idea behind the army is to get behind the enemy and then slam in to the flanks or rear as the oppertunity arises.

As for the shamans, who needs a hero when you have a chariot with magic.

Hugger
01-02-2007, 13:37
I think Teach was kidding.. As far as I can tell, it's not allowed ;-D Would be quite nice, if it were.. not very effective, but a cool miniature :-D

kaelis ra
01-02-2007, 16:02
It might have been allowed in other language O&G army books, since I am using the German one, we all know how translations work out with GW.

UberBeast
01-02-2007, 19:58
There was a gobo army in a WD a couple of years back which had spear chukkas mounted in chariots. There weren't any special rules for it however.

Mephistofeles
01-02-2007, 20:22
It might have been allowed in other language O&G army books, since I am using the German one, we all know how translations work out with GW.

haha, that would be a true lowpoint in translation if they somehow screwed that up!

No, you are not allowed to put a chukka in a chariot. Not in any language or edition ;)

What he meant was that you should mount it on wheels and maybe have some wolves standing with it, to show that it is pulled along with the army. It would be more correct fluff-wise.

Hvidponi
01-02-2007, 22:30
I once made an army like this but with Spider riders... I miss a hero on a spider (wolf in your chase) with some punch (ha! as much punch as a gobbo can have anyways), Pokko's Pigsticker maybe?

Hugger
08-02-2007, 13:28
Or a giant squig wit a night gobbo?

Always fun!

warlord hack'a
08-02-2007, 15:44
fun list but it will bounce off of anything more solid than a pack of tissues. Seeing the speed of your force the enemy will just stay where they are and lock their flanks in between terrain features.
However, the 4 chariots in your list will be powerful, combine their charges against one enemy unit and that unit will be in trouble..