PDA

View Full Version : Eldar VS Chaos tactics

Baaltharus
01-02-2007, 11:35
Looking at the book it seems that my Eldar squadron will struggle against the numerous and manouverable chaos craft.

Anyone got any tactics for tackling the ruinous powers with the pointy ears?

Al.

Bravery exists
01-02-2007, 11:42
Get real close, those short range bright lances and 6 shots from the shuriken cannons are deadly, if you are using the advanced rules your pilots are far superior fliers, use extrememe manouvers, yoyoing and dont forget once you are tailing a fighter you can try and anticipate his move! your more likely to make the pilot skill test.

your both just as manouverable but you have better speed but your opponent will have numbers and be able to use things like moving in formation such as the thach weave, so i would recomend getting in close and splitting his fighers up. dont forget your holofield save gives you more survivability as well!

Nemoyo
01-02-2007, 12:04
One thing you may have to consider is conserving ammo, you are going to have a lot of targets, but many are only one hit. Opening up with all guns may well be overkill.

Edit: fortunately the shuriken cannon have decent ammo capacity :D

Iracundus
01-02-2007, 12:26
I would argue the opposite with regards to ammo: get those kills in as soon as possible to thin out the Chaos numbers. That way the individual superiority of Eldar flyers can show itself more when Chaos has less opportunity to dogpile.

Baaltharus
01-02-2007, 12:58
I would argue the opposite with regards to ammo: get those kills in as soon as possible to thin out the Chaos numbers. That way the individual superiority of Eldar flyers can show itself more when Chaos has less opportunity to dogpile.

That was my original thoughts as well, however, I don't think trying to take them in a fly-by gun duel would benefit me.

Perhaps spin one nightwing off as a distraction and send the others to try and get as many kills as possible before reforming.

Thanks, time will tell.

Al.

Bravery exists
01-02-2007, 13:42
You only have to down over half of them before the rest have to disengage, while this is probably still alot it is more managable than the idea of needing to destroy the lot of 'em!

Nemoyo
01-02-2007, 13:49
True enough, but I know that with Tau, ammo becomes a major factor even when only slightly outnumbered. I've not fought against Chaos yet, but ammo conservation would be on my mind (especially when I suck at rolling for damage;))