PDA

View Full Version : 1600 Points HE to face Lizardmen...

Corrupt
01-02-2007, 17:22
Hey.
You may remember our last game, where I totally wiped the Lizards for the loss of 3 Archers, 1 Silverhelm and 15 Spearmen. (List and post game pointers here...http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=16778)

Anyways I have been challanged to a rematch, this time with fully paitned lizards (some of his stuff wasnt quite done before) and due to my recolour scheming my forces area touch limited.

For your use we have...

Heroes
1x Mounted Commander
1x Commadner on Foot
1x Mage on Foot
1x Flag Carrier on Foot

Core
20x Spearmen (inc command)
10x Archers (inc command)
6x Silverhelms (inc command)

Special
5x Dragon Princes (inc command)

Rare
1x Repeater Bolt Thrower
15x White Lions (inc command) [Could be special]

Any advice would be helpful...
His troops ...
Saurus Scar Veteran
Skink Mage
28 Saurus
24 Skinks
8 Saurus Cavelry

And my Provisional List (Note I can finish off some archers (10), shadow warriors (4)or Silverhelms if needs be (6)

Commander Aethis Swiftfoot
Pure of Heart, Heavy Armour, Blessed Tome, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield
134pts

Mage Lyriel Whitefletch
Level 2, Seer, Dispel Scroll
180pts

Spearmen
15 Spearmen, Full Command, War Banner
215pts

Silverhelms
5 Silverhelms, Heavy Armour+Shields, Full Command
150pts

Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery, Amulet of Purifying Flame
240pts

Shadow Warriors
6 Shadow Warriors
90pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower
100pts

Total 1099pts

EDIT!!!!
In a moment of sheer lunacy I agreed to allow his Slann to be played and am thus no longer able to compete in the magic phase. The game was upped to 1600points so I do believe killing captain toad is the new name of the game.

Mephistofeles
01-02-2007, 20:17
Oh my, a Slann in 1600 points? I hope you are allowed to take a lord too?

I think your list looks fine, but it could use some more bolt throwers, but I guess that is not an option.

I say take one more unit of silver helms, and then a level 4 mage. That means you will have a good defense and even somé offense on the darn toad. Remember that the best defense against spellcasters are your own spellcasters.

Corrupt
01-02-2007, 22:08
Aye thats true, but i figured with the Slann being so prohibitively expensive, I'd bulk up on cheap magic defence and concentrate on wiping out his other stuff.

Deadseed
02-02-2007, 00:36
Well with a Slaan in 1600 points, depending on how pimped out it is and how big the guard unit will be he probably won't have much else.

In this case I would either, like you said, focus on getting that magic up for defense, or use the second list to get the speed on him.

With more cavalry you can get to him quicker, and with your units engaged in combat he can't really target them with as many spells at all.

With the points left over definetly beef up that spearmen unit for a good formation against his Temple Guard, then flank with whatever cav you can.

Might want to drop the Shadow Warriors though, as they might just get creamed by the Skinks.

Mephistofeles
02-02-2007, 09:51
I would drop the shadow warriors too, they will get owned by those little skinks...

As said, I think that you should concentrate on magical defense, as much as possible, and then use a really big unit to tie his temple guards up. Something with good armour and a BSB would be ideal for this, maybe spearmen using hand weapons and shields...

When that unit is tied up, make sure the rest of his army is taken out with some shooting and knights, and then hit it in the flanks with cavalry. If you succeed in this, you have some good chances of winning.

Corrupt
03-02-2007, 11:10
The game is now 1650 just so he can include enough saurus for a full rank at the back of 1 regiment. I agreed as it allows me to use a larger regiment of White Lions. Here's the list I will probably use. It is basically the same as the last battle, with the dragon Princes and White Lions added. Last game I wiped him out for the loss of 1 Silverhelm, 3 Archers and the Spearmen.

Commander Aethis’ Warhost
1610 points High Elf Army

Heroes:
Commander Aethis Swiftfoot
Pure of Heart, Heavy Armour, Blessed Tome, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield
134pts

Commander Elariathon Everknock
Heavy Armour, Battle Standard Bearer, Lion Guard
140pts

Mage Lyriel Whitefletch
Level 2, Seer, Dispel Scroll
180pts