PDA

View Full Version : ebay sales - starwars and nurgle?

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 17:04
Ok, i have a masterfully converted nurgle army (not my paint some other much more talented git did them) = sold for just above new retail value

and a averagely done starwars chaos marines conversion(though the speeders and darth vader are very very nice) = sold for about 30% off new retail value.

What do you guys think: i was going to sell each sacred squad of nurgle separate, as well as the deamon prince, and greater deamon and his vessel

and then sell the starwars army as a whole.

so you think anyone will be interested in these? How popular is a starwars converted army?

lord_blackfang
01-02-2007, 17:09
I think you need to get your tenses straight first. Have you already sold these or are you planning to? :eyebrows:

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 17:13
Planning to. But i have never sold super high quality minis or highly converted themed armys before.

so i was unsure as to what the interest would be....

Shrike30
01-02-2007, 17:16
Sounds like he's planning on selling them. You might want to post pictures, maybe even offer them here prior to going to eBay.

I've personally got no interest in a Star Wars army.

As for the Nurgle army, consider selling it, as a whole, on eBay at a decent markup if they've that good. Worst thing that happens is it doesn't sell and you put it up again next week at a lower price, but don't start the bidding at something low. Selling the individual squads as "masterfully converted, exquisitely painted" or something similar might net you more profit, or they might just not sell. Make a big deal out of what makes them so cool.

I'd definitely try selling the whole Nurgle army first, though, and make a big deal out of how the person's getting an army with a unified theme and paint job. A lot of what turns me off to buying painted models online is knowing "well, if I have these guys, they're not going to blend with the rest of what I've got... what's the point?"

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 17:22
Shrike, i agree, i was just worried that a $600.00USD(based on new retail price) price tag might scare everyone off. Is nurgle even that popular?

and thats so far 1 vote of disinterest in the StarWars army...

THE KAPPTIN
01-02-2007, 17:26
Nurgle is probably one of the most popular armies out there, and conversions are pretty much the main reason. I could see something like that selling easily. List as a whole army first because that will be easier for you and it will probably sell.

I think the Star Wars army would be a hit-or-miss scenario. Anyone who's really "serious" about the game or fluff won't want it, but I think there's a good chance some Chaos-playing star wars fan will want to pick it up. Just list it at less than retail value, like you said. Definitely sell as a whole army.

Shrike30
01-02-2007, 17:27
Hey, if it does, try putting it up a couple more times... and then say "eh, whatever" and go for the individual sales.

A good paint job and some conversions are not things you should knock. Selling completed models for cheaper than the cost of buying them in the store is a waste.

Fideru
01-02-2007, 17:29
I've seen odd things happen on eBay.
A wonderfully converted 1500 point tau army going for 150$, and right below is
a 800 point "pro" (pretty revolting overall/prostitute painted, etc.) army going for 700$.

Don't let that turn you off though. Just, expect the unexpected I guess.

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 17:31
You mean as in the StarWars models? What is it about the starwars models that may draw people away from them?

I actually like the way he converted the 'bikes' speeders so much i was thinking of buying them and painting them to match my Raven Guard as my scout bikers...

Really nurgle? Popular? hmm, i guess everywhere i have gone there has been at least 1 nurgle player...

Angelus Mortis
01-02-2007, 21:03
Personally, I am very against mixing different storylines into WH40k. If you want to play Star Wars, then play Star Wars. If you want to play 40k then play 40k. Thats how I feel about it. That being said, I do think if its very well done, you may find a better customer base amongst Star Wars buffs. Theres collectors that will collect anything thats Star Wars related, and I think you will have better success there.

John Vaughan
01-02-2007, 21:51
I like the idea of star wars. I would buy them, but I'm in the hole right now.

First, research the models you are selling. Check on ebay and other auction sites to see how much the said models are currently going for. If there are lots of nurgle things for sale, and they aren't being bid on, wait to sell yours. As far as pricing, make it a combination of two things:
1:The lowest price you are willing to sell them for
2:The lowest price on ebay overall, you want people to see that they are the cheapest.

Good luck with that!

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 22:04
Yeah, i have the prices in mind, and i think they are more than fair considering the quality of the nurgle.

But i have actually never met anyone who did the star wars conversion. I have heard of a few people doing this, but never really gave it much thought. So now i am left wondering, "Who would want this?"

i think the star wars one is kinda neat, but i already have chaos and am not really interested in another chaos army.

i had noticed he had used imperial SM, not chaos ones for the storm troopers, and added the back packs, but as i recall storm troopers had no back packs. right?

you know come to think of it it would be a fun conversion. You could do some boaba fett jump infantry and some sith jedi as chosen. Or maybe even convert some necrons to look like those battle droids.

FraustyTheSnowman
01-02-2007, 22:11
Can you give a few more details about the starwars themed army? Pictures would be grand...

The Song of Spears
01-02-2007, 22:13
Sure , i will post some pictures here in an hour (when i get off work :P )