PDA

View Full Version : First Necromunda gang (van saar)

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
01-02-2007, 18:09
My LGS is starting up a necromunda campaign and I wanted to try it. Heres my starting van saar gang.

Van Saar Gang

1 Gordon (Gang Leader) @ 170 Crds
Leader
Knife
Chainsword
Plasma Pistol

1 Gyulkus (Heavy) @ 140 Crds
Knife
Plasma Gun
Stub Gun

1 Guzzo (Heavy) @ 190 Crds
Knife
Heavy Stubber
Stub Gun

1 Nix (Ganger) @ 85 Crds
Knife
Lasgun
Stub Gun

1 Doyle (Ganger) @ 95 Crds
Knife
Shotgun
Bolt Ammo (Shotgun)
Stub Gun

1 Ezekyle (Ganger) @ 80 Crds
Knife
Autogun
Stub Gun

1 Ingram (Ganger) @ 85 Crds
Knife
Autogun
Laspistol

1 Pwned (Juve) @ 55 Crds
Knife
Bolt Pistol
Stub Gun

1 n00b (Juve) @ 50 Crds
Knife
Autopistol
Stub Gun

1 Sniper @ 20 Crds
Filter Plugs; Flak Armour;Hotshot Lasgun; Laspistol; Photo Contacts; Telescopic
Sight

Gang Rating: 1317

Total XP: 347

Total Gang Cost: 970

Thoughts?

Catferret
01-02-2007, 18:44
I would seriously recommend ditching the Stub Guns. They are almost useless. You don't really need backup weapons on everybody so replace the Stub Guns with as many Autopistols as you can afford and distribute yhen to the Leader, then the Heavies, then the Gangers.

If you still have spare creds, get a Ratskin. They are worth it.

Jambo
01-02-2007, 18:45
I know it makes no difference to the cost of the gang but all the knives are a bit pointless aren't they? As every person either has a rifle style weapon which requires one hand to hold regardless of other weapons, so a second attack can't be gained by using a knife in addition to the other weapons (pistol) they have. I think this is the case even if the model fails an ammo roll.

If I'm wrong feel free to put me in my place, I'm just trying to get back up to speed on the Necromunda rules after a long break. Also if the knives are on the models or for a back story reason then its a different story.

Catferret
01-02-2007, 18:46
Every model gets a knife for free...

Palatine Katinka
01-02-2007, 21:55
Everyone is assumed to have a knife, regardless of its usefulness to him. Personally, I'd save space and time by not mentioning it since everyone has one, only mention additional knives on, say, an especially disliked Juve.

"Yeah... You can have a second knife, you can be, um... Knifey Boy!"

As to the Gang, have I counted correctly? You only have 4 Gangers! Ditch the Stubguns and hire a 5th man to work the Territories. I'm also not sure about your choice to go for Bolt shells over Manstopper. OK, you lose out on range but it's less creds, more reliable and better at getting through armour if you ever have to.

Darkhorse
02-02-2007, 10:52
Drop the stubguns for 70 creds, they're not worth it get another ganger.
Besides unless you're using the new skills tables Van Saars always get armourers very quickly. I know it's tempting to stay in the 9 member bracket for income but there are downsides.
Bolt pistol for a juve... (sucks through teeth) not something I'd do, I don't like kids wandering round with weapons worth more than they are.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
03-02-2007, 00:10
In light of all your advice(thanks) and he models I bought today. Here is a my list.
Van Saar Gang

1 Gordon (Gang Leader) @ 185 Crds
Plasma Pistol (*)
Laspistol (*)
Chainsword (*)

1 Gyulkus (Heavy) @ 195 Crds
Heavy Stubber (*)
Autopistol (*)

1 Nix (Ganger) @ 75 Crds
Shotgun (*)
Man-Stopper Ammo

1 Guzzo (Ganger) @ 75 Crds
Lasgun (*)

1 Ezekyle (Ganger) @ 85 Crds
Autogun
Autopistol

1 Doyle (Ganger) @ 80 Crds
Autogun
Stub Gun

1 Ingram (Ganger) @ 75 Crds
Shotgun
Man-Stopper Ammo

1 Freeman (Ganger) @ 85 Crds
Knife
Autogun
Autopistol

1 Jenkins (Juve) @ 45 Crds
Stub Gun (*)
Stub Gun (*)

1 Johnson (Juve) @ 40 Crds
Laspistol

1 Jonah (Juve) @ 50 Crds
Autopistol
Club

Gang Rating: 1238

Total XP: 248

Total Gang Cost: 990

athamas
03-02-2007, 03:36
if possible swap the auto guns for las guns, as they are so much better,

also i would surgest dropping a juve so you have several credits spare to start [lower gang rating will help]

after your first mission, provided your leader survives, by severl hand flamers, they will serve you better than any other weapon, esp for pinning someone you want to charge...

matthew_wakely
07-03-2007, 05:59
I wasn't aware that VanSaar could get hand flamers due to the house lists.

Kedlav
07-03-2007, 10:39
Besides the fact that House Lists are bunk and serve no purpose, you can spend one of your rolls on the trading outpost chart to have the opportunity to acquire any common weapon (i.e. Hand Flamers for heavies).