PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Dwarf List

Ta'akul
01-02-2007, 21:38
I have been slowly painting my way throught my Dwarf army while playing my Tomb Kings and Sisters. There is a 1500 point tournament next week at my local store and I would like to field a dwarf army. Since I have not followed any logical painting plan but have just painted what I felt like, I have to cobble together a force from what I have painted. It may not be competitive but here is what I have come up with.

25 warriors with hand weapons ans shields, full command, 250 pts
10 thunderers, shields and musician, 155 pts
Organ gun 120 pts
Master Engineer, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Challenge, 110 pts. w/organ gun
Bolt Thrower, Rune of Burning, Valiant Rune, 70 pts
Master Engineer, Rune of Stone, Rune of Dismay, 105 pts w/botl thrower
Bolt Thrower, Rune of Penetrating, Valiant Rune 90 pts
Master Engineer, Rune of Stone, 85 pts w/bolt thrower
5 Slayers, 55 pts
13 Miners, musician, 148 pts

Besides this, the only other painted models I have are: gyrocopter, runesmith, 2 deamon slayers, 5 more slayers, 2 more miners.

Have thought about swapping a gyrocopter and deamon slayer or runesmith for the Organ Gun and one Master Engineer.

Any suggestions as to army composition, deployment, or tactics (what tactics - stand and shoot! with this motley crew) would be appreciated.

Just want to put the guys on the table and have some fun.

Thanks.

Deadseed
02-02-2007, 00:26
I would say that for an army with this much shooting you might be better off with more march blocking, and I think your idea of getting a gyrocopter in there would be a good one. The miners might not be enough.

I would also increase the number of Slayers if you could. 5 meets the frontage of an enemy unit, but if just one Slayer dies suddenly your 4 remaining ones are being attacked back by 5 enemies. I would say for a small attack unit 7 is optimal.

static grass
02-02-2007, 12:55
I think you really need a rune of immolation on one of your bolt throwers preferably the one with the rue of penetrating for maximum kaboom. There is no way you can stop your opponent reaching your lines and those runes really are a lot fun.

I know you don't have the minis but I recommend a unit of crossbow dwarfs they are quite cheap and are more point efficient when shooting at hordes of cheap enemies.

eleveninches
02-02-2007, 22:01
you really need a lot more warriors. it should be missile units in support of warriors, not the other way around. Also, give great weapons to your warriors and give them some standard bearers and champions. Get a good HQ choice. Drop the master engineers from your bolt throwers. Get some more slayers, make one a standard and have 4 as giantslayers.

Ta'akul
04-02-2007, 20:10
Thanks for the feedback. This army is built from what little I have painted and I don't have much else to use to change it.

I can switch out the organ gun and attached master engineer (230 points total) for a gyrocopter and a cannon (230 points total).