PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Mixed Mortals/Beasts For Local Tourny

supanuno
02-02-2007, 08:44
Watsup Fellow Peeps!!

Got a local tourny this Sunday I'll be attending and was wondering your thoughts on my list. This is a super competitive tourny and I will be facing Tomb Kings with 2 catapults, 4 scorpions, 2 archer units, and Wooelves all forest spirit armies with 2 treemen, to just name two of the armies I'll be facing! I think my list is ok, let me know what you guys think. I'll most likely be taking shadow for my Great-Bray and beasts for my Bray. I have 48pts left and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again guys.

1952pts
8PD
7DD (2 Scrolls)
64 Models

Exalted Champion of Chaos (General with Chosen) - Shield; Sword of Might; Armour of Damnation; Barded Chaos Steed - 168pts

Great-Bray Shaman (with Beastherd) - Level 4 Wizard; Crown of Horns; Goretooth; Dispel Scroll; Chaos Armour; Bray-Staff - 313pts

Bray-Shaman (probably with beastherd also) - Level 2 Wizard; Staff of Darkoth; Dispel Scroll - 160pts

5 Chaos Knights (Chosen) - 225pts

5 Chaos Knights - Khorne - 210pts

5 Chaos Knights - Khorne - 210pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos - 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos - 30pts

22 Beastherd (9 Gors/13 Ungors) - Full Command - 150pts

8 Chaos Furies - 120pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch - 99pts

3 Dragon Ogres - Great Weapon; Light Armour - 237pts

M_M
02-02-2007, 13:10
replace the bray shaman with a Wargor of Tzeentch and give him crimson armour of dargan, shield and staff of darkoth (less than 20pts extra and you are able to), that way you can make better use of your power dice, as you will need 3 dice to get the staff's spell off reliably.

The Wargor if he gets orange fire can take on a treeman quite comfortably under the bears anger, and you can safely use 3 dice to cast both spells on the wargor.

that leaves you with 2 dice to cast another spell, if you trim the furies to 6 you could fit the banner of wrath on the chosen knights will may use up some more dispel dice

I use a Tzeentch BoC army, so don't know too much about using lots of knights though

static grass
02-02-2007, 13:20
How effective are beasts when led by a mortal general?

gjnoronh
02-02-2007, 13:32
I agree with M-M's suggestions a wargor of tzeentch will add some punch to the herd, and with staff of dorkath you'd be able to cast a useful spell still.

Beasts led by a mortal general are still quite effective you are adding a skirmishing medium combat unit (particularly when character lead) to your mortals great for dealing with other skirmishers or getting through/arround terrain that would slow your main battle line.

The leadership of the mortal general helps a good deal with the worst aspect of beasts -their low leadership.

For more chaos advice check out swords of chaos:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SwordsofChaos/

pcgamer72
02-02-2007, 18:13
I'm not sure you need a unit of Furies and unit of Screamers. I think a more effective option would be to drop the Screamers and use that and the points you have remaining currently to maybe get another Beast Herd. I usually say units of 8 Furies are kind of large, but I think it works for this list.

supanuno
03-02-2007, 05:32
Thanks for the replies so far guys!
Thats a good suggestion about the Wargor of Tzeentch M_M. Although, I do have some concerns with that. If I take him can/do I put him in the same unit as the Great-Bray? Should I split the Beastherd into two units-one for Great-Bray and one for Wargor? Can I use the special rules for braystaffs on him? How do you run your herds-in a super herd?
I don't want to lose the furies as they are important to take out warmachines.

M_M
04-02-2007, 12:22
Super Herd tactics by GeneralofChaos (6th ed) (http://s2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=6052)

Put both beast characters in the same herd
if you drop only 2 furies that is enough
and Tzeentch Beast characters count as shamans therefore can take arcane and shaman only items

theDarkGeneral
06-02-2007, 02:41
Greetings Supanuno! So I can assume you're the same one from the Herdstone?

I have some thoughts/suggestions...

*Exalted Champion: Good

*Great Bray-Shaman: I'd go Magical Offense with him...Chaos Armor, Spell Familiar and 3 Power Stones...take Death Magic and Zap them!

*Bray-Shaman: Keep him, don't go with the Tzeentch Marked Wargor...2 Dispel Scrolls would be fine

*Knights of Chaos: Chosen; Ok, but a bit small...even with screens, foes on Hill or similiar terrain can and will target them...though they do hit hard and with the Exalted in it they'll hit harder, dice rolls are notorious for being unkind at the wrong time...though in the War Banner to help win CC and really push a big win...

*Knights of Blood: Great units, but not how I'd recommend using them...I take units of 4, add a unit Champ and sometimes a Musician...this allows for issuing/accepting Personal Challenges and better chances of winning hard fought CC...and also helps in the Rallying department...

*Warhounds: Ugh...horrid unit, but can have their moments...once in a while...better used as a unit of 8-10 models but be weary,they do cause a lof of unwanted Panic checks...

*Beast Herd: Ok, but really doesn't need to be so large...it's just there to hide the Great Bray-Shaman and maybe the Bray-Shaman as well...

*Chaos Furies: Never leave home without them...could even add 2 models to help them last longer...

*Screamers of Tzeentch: Ok unit, but a bit harder to use then most would think...

*Dragon Ogres: Another unit you should always bring...i've been finding greater success with 4 models...3 in the front and 1 in the rear...

Hope this helps...