PDA

View Full Version : April Eldar release

Dspankdo
02-02-2007, 07:48
Harlequin box:1 troupe leader, 2 fusion pistols, 2 kisses.

Shadowseer blister, death jester blister, troupe leader blister and assorted generic harlequin blisters.

Eldar Guardian repack:8 Guardians and one weapon platform and crew, price is unchaged.

Hellebore
02-02-2007, 07:56
TECHNICALLY that is a good deal, but I always thought that $35 Oz for a weapon platform was a bit excessive...

Hellebore

Ravenous
02-02-2007, 08:07
Good to see they were on the ball with that one its only been 6months since the codex came out.

violenceha
02-02-2007, 08:47
Damn, I was hoping for new jetbikes. Poo.

stahly
02-02-2007, 08:50
How does it come that generic Harlequins come in blisters when they're already in the boxset? The new "as much as possible in boxes" approach of GW, you know.

Dspankdo
02-02-2007, 09:06
I believe they are harlequins with fusion pistols and kisses.

Brimstone
02-02-2007, 15:00
Damn, I was hoping for new jetbikes. Poo.

You'll have to wait a while for them I'm afraid.

Quin 242
02-02-2007, 15:20
like another 10 years? or so?

Shallowain
02-02-2007, 15:27

Oh cmon, your really rude here. Don't give their design team that much pressure, 20 years should do it...

Brimstone
02-02-2007, 15:32

Yes another 10 years or so :rolleyes:

One of the more stupid comments I've seen today.

Actually one to two years.

Flame Boy
02-02-2007, 17:15
Well, by the time my Eldar force in painted, they will have been released for a few years, so that's okay by me.

I might get some Harlequins for the models, but I doubt they will end up in my army, due to them not fitting my theme.

I don't find it odd that the Guardians are only being repackaged now. The old stock had to be cleared, I would imagine, right?

Sildani
02-02-2007, 17:57
That was also rumored to be happening before the current Codex came out. I just thought it would have happened sooner. It's a good idea.
[dice0]

Quin 242
02-02-2007, 18:42
Yes another 10 years or so :rolleyes:

One of the more stupid comments I've seen today.

Actually one to two years.

How long between bikes did they go the last go around?
Don't be such an ass.

Eldanar
02-02-2007, 18:47
I was hoping the harlequins would be out before April. But this has pretty much cemented for me that I will play my Chaos in the 1,500 GT in Atlanta at the end of April...

Half Eldar
02-02-2007, 18:51
How long between bikes did they go the last go around?
Don't be such an ass.

Brim usually has his finger firmly in the pie, so to speak.

To be fair, though, since there were... 7? years between this codex and the last, 10 years might have only been a slight overexaggeration.

But I doubt their next round will take that long, if due to the age of the jetbikes if nothing else. And because the riders are horribly ugly.

charlie_c67
02-02-2007, 18:54
You can do a simple head swap to make them look slightly better![dice0]

Half Eldar
02-02-2007, 18:58
I know, and with a little bit of work a torso swap. Still, I am not one for buying models I do not like so I can spend more money to make them into ones I do.

Jon_Irenicus
02-02-2007, 18:58
8 Guardians plus weapon's platform (and two gunners)? Guess it's a fair deal. Imperial Guard come at 18 for 20, plus 9 for a Heavy Weapon Team. The Guardians are 18 for 16 models, cutting the price (and the models) in half would be equal 8 for 9. Which, together with the platform, makes 18.

I was hoping for 12 Guardians plus the platform, but that would be too much of a bargain I guess.

Arhalien
02-02-2007, 19:16
I like the idea about the guardians with platform, because it doesn;t leave me with 8 unused guardians which is what I have now. Gah, couldn;t they have done this straight away?

Hmm, new jetbikes in a year or 2. Might this include shining spears as well? I have no problem with the bikes themselves but the riders are not good at all.

Quin 242
02-02-2007, 19:26
Current bikes with torso swaps look nice. And that's were Arhalien could put his unused gaurdians :)

As an expensive alternate.. you can put Eldar canopies and rear fins on DE bikes for a super speedy looking version of bike.. but then you have to use two bikes and a guardian to make them look right...
not for the frugal minded at all....

Arhalien
02-02-2007, 19:32
:D, thanks, but I'm only using Spears not guardians bikes, and I think the guardian bodies would look a bit plain.

Da Stunty Slaya
02-02-2007, 19:35
The harlequin boxset is actually a 6 fig set

troupe master
2x fusion pistols
2x kisses
1x shuriken pistol

Bregalad
02-02-2007, 22:41
Keep in mind that the harlequin troopers at least have a separate upper body so are easily put on a jet bike (using the Harlequin hull that is still available as a bit).
And keep in mind that the jet bike is rumoured to come with the Dark Eldar release (can be used for Eldar and Dark Eldar, as Jes Goodwin was keen to redo it but couldn't during the Eldar release).
I never believed in the rumour about the immanent end of blisters, and this (plus many other releases) show that this is justified (although GW seems to think in that direction from time to time).

Starchild
03-02-2007, 02:36
Actually one to two years.Along with plastic support weapon platforms, I hope. Sounds like what they did with High Elves last time around. The plastic bolt throwers didn't come out until about a year and a half after the army book, IIRC. Same with Skaven; they had to wait a while for plastic plague monks.

DoctorTom
03-02-2007, 04:09
Given that they're repackaging Guardian Defenders to fit minimum troop size, I wonder how long it will take for them to repackage the storm guardians so that you can actually get a minimum squad from one box.

Half Eldar
03-02-2007, 06:30
My two beefs with the Eldar line right now are solely these:
No plastic Storm Guardians
Horrible Jetbike riders
And as a bonus:
No new Warp Spiders, but the old ones are fine

I really would like to see an Eldar Megaforce out and about. It seems they are definately the way to go savings wise now considering most of the Battleforces and all. Also the Tau MF's composition is quite good.

Orbital
04-02-2007, 00:45
Good to see they were on the ball with that one its only been 6months since the codex came out.

In this hobby, getting it within 6 months IS "on the ball".

DoctorTom
04-02-2007, 03:24
In this hobby, getting it within 6 months IS "on the ball".

That's true - look at how many years after the last Eldar Codex it took them to finally release a Wave Serpent (I'm not counting the Forge World Serpent here).

Half Eldar
04-02-2007, 07:25
That's true - look at how many years after the last Eldar Codex it took them to finally release a Wave Serpent (I'm not counting the Forge World Serpent here).

And it must be stated that the FW one was better. There. That is out of the way now.

Arhalien
04-02-2007, 09:50
Keep in mind that the harlequin troopers at least have a separate upper body

Hadn't heard that before! Thanks for Putting that Bregalad :) Does this mean that there are more variations of these Harlies than have been shown already? (ie. different combinations of torsoes and bodies) If so that sounds excellent. :D

Animatronica
05-02-2007, 00:40
Well i personally dont see a problem with the jetbike situation, what Serious Eldar commander doesnt have useless guardians lying around? the 8 man storm guardian box is a bit of a "D'oh" but aah well they cant fix everything. Harlequins will be Awesome though, im looking for something to replace my shining Spears. and that gives me 252 points to play with....

Savnock
05-02-2007, 02:13
...im looking for something to replace my shining Spears. and that gives me 252 points to play with....

Spears not doing it for you? Any particular reason?

Savnock
05-02-2007, 02:15
...I wonder how long it will take for them to repackage the storm guardians so that you can actually get a minimum squad from one box.

If one of us could find a way to make them actually useful now that 6-man Falcon squads are gone, maybe that would raise demand and give some motivation. I've just decided to retire mine after seeing them wiped from the borad during that long, long walk in to the enemy too many times post-USF.

Garoth
05-02-2007, 08:06
Given that they're repackaging Guardian Defenders to fit minimum troop size, I wonder how long it will take for them to repackage the storm guardians so that you can actually get a minimum squad from one box.

Storm Guardians will be removed from the stores within few months and become "Mail Order Only". Therefore I'm not suspecting them to receive any update on the way they boxed.

static grass
05-02-2007, 08:37
Hadn't heard that before! Thanks for Putting that Bregalad :) Does this mean that there are more variations of these Harlies than have been shown already? (ie. different combinations of torsoes and bodies) If so that sounds excellent. :D

I think there are six torso's and six leg's giving a possible 36 combinations.

Arhalien
05-02-2007, 11:56
mmm, nicey nicey :D I'd imagine that buying the kiss blisters will give you the kiss bodies and 2 random sets of legs? Really nice, that will allow much more variety.

Arhalien
05-02-2007, 17:47
Sorry for the double post.

Thinking about the separate torsoes for each harlie, I'm not sure that each can be mixed and matched. The Harlie model with chainsword jumping forward seems to be pretty exclusively meant to be like that. Can anyone clear this up? (anyone being primarily Bregalad :))

WAAAGHB0ZZ
05-02-2007, 21:48
The new Harlies are so nice, Im getting some even though I dont play Eldar(yet) the store near me has pre-orders, and Im really tempted to buy some right after they come out

Bregalad
05-02-2007, 23:39
Actually I have to see the models in person to decide which combos make sense, look good, and/or need green stuff ;). But as I will use new and old Harlequins together, there is no need for 36 different new troopers, but only 12 or less. The official combos are probably the best looking, but I am mainly interested in converting some into jet bike riders (esp. since the old plastic ones are crap).

Alaryel
06-02-2007, 09:01
Thanks to GW France, here you have all the eldar release date :
http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp

And the translation :
04/04/2007 - eldars guardians - 10 & plastic weapon platform - 30.00
04/04/2007 - harlequin boxset - 6 metal figures - 25.00
04/04/2007 - shadowseer - 1 metal figure - 9.00
04/04/2007 - deathjester - 1 metal figure - 9.00
11/04/2007 - troupe master - 1metal figure - 9.00
11/04/2007 - harlequins with kisses - 2 metal figures - 11,50
11/04/2007 - harlequins with fusion pistols - 2 metal figures - 11,50

http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/eldars/galerie/harlequins.asp

Note that there is a new dark eldar wyches boxset of 10 due to 30/04/2007 for 30.00

Locke
06-02-2007, 15:52

well the wave serpent had been done for some time, and they were waiting to release it with an eldar codex that was suppost to release in like 2002 than in 2004, they couldnt hold the model any longer so they released it between things.

Orbital
06-02-2007, 15:54
well the wave serpent had been done for some time, and they were waiting to release it with an eldar codex that was suppost to release in like 2002 than in 2004, they couldnt hold the model any longer so they released it between things.

Do you know this for a fact? Or are you just making an educated guess?

Locke
06-02-2007, 16:03
Do you know this for a fact? Or are you just making an educated guess?

Well the fact is the wave serpent had to be done before it was released...lol

...but more seriously, i thought that it was established (on portent) that the serpent was built, but photos were not released... and that the time it was built was to coincide with a codex release.

and if memory serves me correctly there were several different timetables built by gw to release a new eldar codex that were rumored on protent as well...

So i guess this is speculation, seeing as how i never talked to a GW dev person regarding this one particular model, and am only going off memory.

But i don't believe that GW would build anything out of the kindness of their hearts without a plan to have an integraded release.

Orbital
06-02-2007, 16:10
Well, GW does release stuff well after the fact (or before it) sometimes. Take the upcoming Harlequins: 6 months after the codex (with another codex and army push in between).

I was only asking if you knew it as a fact or if it was an educated guess. You may be right, but until you hear it for sure... you can't be sure.

Locke
06-02-2007, 16:14
Well, GW does release stuff well after the fact (or before it) sometimes. Take the upcoming Harlequins: 6 months after the codex (with another codex and army push in between).

I was only asking if you knew it as a fact or if it was an educated guess. You may be right, but until you hear it for sure... you can't be sure.

Well since we cant access protent, for a historical review, i'd deffinetly place in the hypothosis category. But, i personally dont consider the harli release to be out of sequence, i think it just is one of the units that has trailed behind, which happens with all newly released armies. I doubt well see another eldar release in 6 more months, cause that over laps into another army release.

[dice0]

Orbital
06-02-2007, 16:19
Ok. All I was asking was if you knew for sure about the relationship between the Wave Serpent and the delayed codex. You stated it as fact, so that's why I asked.

Homer S
06-02-2007, 16:37
I was hoping that with the Guardian repack, they would add arms for the stormies.

Oh well,
Homer Out

Locke
06-02-2007, 17:01
I was hoping that with the Guardian repack, they would add arms for the stormies.

Oh well,
Homer Out

i think its pretty well estabilished that gw will not make models available for things that wont sell well or things they dont like, i really only think that storm guardians only allowed to have rules, b/c someone twisted a gw exec's arm.

Orbital
06-02-2007, 17:07
i think its pretty well estabilished that gw will not make models available for things that wont sell well or things they dont like, i really only think that storm guardians only allowed to have rules, b/c someone twisted a gw exec's arm.

Storm Guardians have had rules for a long, long time. Just because the models popped up during the Eye of Terror campaign doesn't mean that they're a peripheral part of the Eldar rules.

Locke
06-02-2007, 19:06
wasnt there a rumor where gw wanted to ax stomies from the new codex, but someone on the dev team (possibly andy chambers) held fast and said no way!!!

Orbital
06-02-2007, 19:15
wasnt there a rumor where gw wanted to ax stomies from the new codex, but someone on the dev team (possibly andy chambers) held fast and said no way!!!

I also heard rumors that:
- The Avatar was going to spawn from a Farseer like a demon does from a host in Chaos armies
- Guardians would be completely removed from the codex
- Slicing Orbs were a guaranteed addition to the new rules
- Rules for a Scorpion II tank (and a model to go with it) would be part of the new rules
- The Avatar would be a special character
- Eldrad was out of the codex
- Eldrad was in the codex, reincarnated as a Wraithlord
- Harlequin Venoms would be available to all Eldar units
- Etc. etc.

This isn't meant as a slam... just only to say that rumors are plentiful. :)

Arhalien
08-02-2007, 12:23
Just seen this in a link posted by Cenboite on the fantasy buldings thread. In the right corner I think I see some Harlequins in different torso combinations to the ones already shown. Can anyone confirm whether these are different or are they just the same combinations in a different colour scheme?

Thanks

edit: think i see one of the leg sets currently used for a kis 'quin with a fusion pistol torso. edit2: or I could be wrong...

stahly
08-02-2007, 12:57
Yeah, the upper body and the legs are seperate pieces so they can be assembled the way you like.