PDA

View Full Version : First pics of Fantasy terrain

Bregalad
02-02-2007, 22:05
Hi folks,
a friend of mine was on the Nürnberg Toy Fair where the toy industry presents the new stuff for the year. GW was also there and presented a flyer plus some real models of the fantasy terrain that appears in some previous rumour threads.
He gave me the flyer and a photo of the gaming board. So here are the possibly first pics of these fantastic terrain pieces due summer this year.
Pic 1-3 are the buildings "watch tower", "chapel" and "walls and fences" (no wind mill yet as rumoured), pic 4 shows the big box including kits 1-3. Pic 5 shows "arcane ruins". Pic 6 are the plastic trees, mounted on one terrain piece, pic 7+8 are two new hills, pic 9 shows the modular gaming board in action with some other terrain pieces on it. I will add a second pic of the board with its bag in a minute.
Here we go (be aware that the pics are big, around 100-400kb ea.):

dodicula
02-02-2007, 22:15
Any ideas what prices will be like?

jme
02-02-2007, 22:15
Wow they look quite cool! Any idea what price they will be?

Freenut
02-02-2007, 22:16
Nice. Do you know if there will be a big mega set like they did with Cities of Death with 40k?

Bregalad
02-02-2007, 22:18
Here is the pic of the modular gaming board in its bag plus a sketch of the puzzle edges. BTW the flyer only shows the pics with the above names and the release date "summer".
The other page is on the Nemesis campaign, but give no new details 8other thatit really IS in the forests of the Empire). It only details the summer campaign procedures which are exactly the same as in the Medusa campaign 2006 (website, booklet, global and interactiv).

Edit: No prices, just names and pics. Box 4 is something like the Imperial sector, as it includes all three building boxes. But the special non-city buildings and limited modularity are not in favour of doing a bigger building box, but that is my personal oppinion. No info on the fair on a big army size box, but I have heard unconfirmed rumours that there will be an all terrain box, and i guess that it will be a limited release like the "Imperial city".

The Dark One
02-02-2007, 22:18
very cool, thanks for the pics

NakedFisherman
02-02-2007, 22:19
Thanks. Awesome information. :)

It's odd to see them using the Citadel brand. It reminds me of the days back when my local game shop stocked the old trees. I brought them up the register, handed over my $10 bill, and soon learned what an English pound was (the game store never changed the price tags from the English version). I always thought the symbol looked odd. :D

Also, this looks like the normal dragon kit, but what's with the wings?

Caligula
02-02-2007, 22:26
These make me a very, very happy man. I'll be picking up all of it when it's released. Thanks muchly, Bregalad.

Bregalad
02-02-2007, 22:27
Also have a look at the live picture (#10) in my first post. I am not sure, if the dragon is a new chaos dragon or something. Sorry, no better pics of that one.

Hochdorf
02-02-2007, 22:28
Nice finds. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to incorporate the first two into my Bret castle.

Caligula
02-02-2007, 22:28
I noticed that too...I can't make out much about it, other than the fact that it's not something I've seen before, as far as I know.

Edit: It's likely a conversion, but upon magnification, it's a Chaos Lord riding a Dragon. Pretty nice if you ask me...well, from the back anyway.

The Dark One
02-02-2007, 22:29
Also have a look at the live picture (#10) in my first post. I am not sure, if the dragon is a new chaos dragon or something. Sorry, no better pics of that one.

looks like the current plastic one with different wings and it's head repositioned

Bregalad
02-02-2007, 22:30
Perhaps the rumoured new plastic dragon, modular for several races?

The Dark One
02-02-2007, 22:32
Perhaps the rumoured new plastic dragon, modular for several races?

i hope not as it looks like it's in the same basic pose,

Arkio
02-02-2007, 22:40
Thanks. Awesome information. :)

It's odd to see them using the Citadel brand. It reminds me of the days back when my local game shop stocked the old trees. I brought them up the register, handed over my $10 bill, and soon learned what an English pound was (the game store never changed the price tags from the English version). I always thought the symbol looked odd. :D

Also, this looks like the normal dragon kit, but what's with the wings?

Looks a bit like Galrauchs wings to me... Not Sure though.

Zap Branigan!
02-02-2007, 22:44
First of all that terrain is awsome cant wait to make a board with all that on it (empire town!) and that dragon is the current plastic dragon with galraugh's wings and a plastic warrior on the back.

kermit
02-02-2007, 22:46
Wow, those are neat... but I don't see the coversion potential of those compared to the COD ones.

But, we will have to wait and see won't we!

I like the idea of the "puzzle" table. that would be VERY handy!

Thank you for the pictures.

namfoodle
02-02-2007, 22:55
Very nice, a surprising change from a lot of what we have seen of late. Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
namfoodle

_Ashdil_
02-02-2007, 22:58
They all look really good, could be better painted though, like the tower in the last pics of the battlefield. That shows how good they can and will look on the board. Very nice indeed.

Asq_Dak
02-02-2007, 23:06
Awesome. Just plain lovely! I guess it would be ~£15-20 for each basic set. Uber cool.

Jericho
02-02-2007, 23:10
Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, but it looks a lot better than I thought it would! I wonder if there's any internal structure to the buildings for Mordheim style usage... we'll see :D

zodgrim
03-02-2007, 00:23
These look fantastic. I got a chance to see the plastice 40k buildings and if these WFB sets are anything like them I will get every one of them.

zak
03-02-2007, 00:25
These are fantastic. They are really nice buildings, with lots of detail. I'll just have to wait and see on the price to just how good these are!

Adept
03-02-2007, 01:11
I am pleasantly surprised.

I think I can probably make better terrain for my own table at home, but the club tables will benefit hugely from these items!

dominic_carrillo
03-02-2007, 01:21
all i can say is: "yeah!" finally, warhammer has become like model railroads!!!

Gearux
03-02-2007, 01:26
Wow!! Those are amazing! You've really made my day ....err, night.

Ganymede
03-02-2007, 02:11
I am not quite sure if I like the direction this is headed. I enjoy the fact that the only way to get good looking terrain for your board is to make it from scratch. I quite like turning pink board, plasticard, and paint into mountains, haunted chapels, and forests.

Varath- Lord Impaler
03-02-2007, 02:25
Then do it....its not like GW are saying you cant. But for the rest of us be can live with buildings from the box

ExquisiteEvil
03-02-2007, 02:54
what is that dragon?

it definately looks like a chaos warrior is riding it - and the wings are new...but it does look very similar to the one we have now.

Drogmir
03-02-2007, 03:38
Neat, too bad it will probably be overpriced though :(

Obvious_Ninja
03-02-2007, 03:40
Wow this stuff looks nice…

Does anyone know if it will be able to “fit” so to speak with the older plastic fortress? What I mean really is the old fortress walls fit flush with the new watch tower, etc? I realize it may be a bit premature to ask but, hey…

Cypher
03-02-2007, 04:25
Very nice - better than the CoD stuff Id say. Hoping there's a few more buildings for variety, but other than that, love it :D

Reflex
03-02-2007, 04:48
i like the puzzle board.. but i do wonder how much that will cost, and how it is going to be stocked. ie will it be limited numbers or will it be in constant stock?

the building are cool... the down side to the hills i am guessing will be that you have to put the grass on yourself and thats a rather large area to cover with a small bit of grass.

warmaster
03-02-2007, 05:51
Im loving that modular board. Though If I got it id probably just use that as a base and have a layer or two of sheet styrene ( modular of course) So I can have things like rivers and stuff.

truthsayer
03-02-2007, 05:59
That dragon is just the normal plastic body, a chaos lord and the galrauch wings.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110201141&orignav=13

Move on people.. nothing new here!

scarletsquig
03-02-2007, 06:45
New hills look very game-friendly... especially the big one that looks like it could take 50 handgunners :D

Terrain is a purchase that I wouldn't be bothered about the price of... once you have it, and it's made from solid plastic, you have it for life... unlike my depressing broken hills and crushed mordheim ruins.

TheWarSmith
03-02-2007, 06:55
I think it's much better than the 40k cities of death terrain because most of it can be used in everyday games and not be forced to use special rules, like CoD.

It'll give the home gamers a LOT more option than simply using home improvised crap or other stuff.

bluesky322
03-02-2007, 06:57
i like the terrain but i dred painting them and the modular baord is awsome i think i will get one

Harry
03-02-2007, 06:57
Oh bugger! There goes the next rumours artcile for The Watchman shot to hell. I'll have to find some other stuff to talk about now.

The third building Kit is the fortified manor house type thing I was talking about in my rumours. If you take a look you can see that it is made up of the tower kit, the sigmar temple kit with the addition of a walls kit and a bit more building.

I do not think there will be a bigger box again than this of 'just' buildings.

but I think they will release a big 'terrain box' which has hills woods and buildings.

Oh, nice find Bregalad. Many Thanks. (@!$%&*)

snurl
03-02-2007, 07:10
The buildings are awesome

Gorbad Ironclaw
03-02-2007, 07:13
Hehe, I'm sure you can find something Harry. Not sure when it's out, but wouldn't it be out around when we get to the 6 month window for High Elves?

Anyway, they do look very nice. Not entirely sure they are clearly 'warhammery' (;) ), but they do seem to follow the style and at the very least they fit together by the look of it. And I guess it's all about setting the tone for the future.

Brandir
03-02-2007, 07:28
These terrain pieces look great.

Perhaps GW are using the 'Citadel' brand so that shops that don't stock GW games will still stock GW terrain/modeling stuff?

lord_blackfang
03-02-2007, 07:40
I particularly like the trees. They really do say "fantasy forest".

The buildings don't look all that Warhammery - not enough skulls :skull:

Freenut
03-02-2007, 07:47
Oh bugger! There goes the next rumours artcile for The Watchman shot to hell. I'll have to find some other stuff to talk about now.

The third Kit is the fortified manor house type thing I was talking about in my rumours. If you take a look you can see that it is made up of the tower kit, the sigmar temple kit with the addition of a walls kit and a bit more building.

I do not think there will be a bigger box again than this of 'just' buildings.

but I think they will release a big 'terrain box' which has hills woods and buildings.

Oh, nice find Bregalad. Many Thanks. (@!$%&*)

One of the diasadvantages of doing a rumors article quarterly. You might get scooped.;)

Harry
03-02-2007, 07:57
One of the diasadvantages of doing a rumors article quarterly. You might get scooped.;)

You have no idea!

When I wrote that watchman article (start of December I think) it was full of hot news. By the time it was released it was little more than a rumour round-up. The number of stories/snippets that broke on Warseer in the last week or even days before it was released was a nightmare.

Oh well....just a bit of fun:D

cookiescrumble
03-02-2007, 09:04
Looks good, but one thing is bugging me.

Why not make the puzzle pieces square so smaller boards can be built with it.

Calif
03-02-2007, 09:09
I would think the prices would be somewhat like CoD buildings.
It's good to see some buildings, which aren't from FW, still FW have the nice pub/inn and those bridges ;)

Da Mekka

Achaian
03-02-2007, 09:11
I am definiteley getting all the pieces espesially the gaming board....
Thanks agsin for the pics!!!

firestorm40k
03-02-2007, 09:18
Awesome-ness! :D :cool:

I'll definitely be buying a bunch of these for our Wargaming facilities in our B&B in France...

I should imagine the big box will be, like the 40k Imp Sector set, in the region of £50?

These are excellent, I can see their use being far beyond Fantasy & Warhammer...

silverstu
03-02-2007, 09:35
Wow these are excellent- this will be a massive help- always great to play on a good tabletop and since i don't have the time to build stuf from scatch this will be excellent. Really like the hills, trees and ruins and that modular jigsaw board looks splendid. I just have to build some dwarf specific scenery and i'm all set[oh and get the money from somewhere- but it will be worth it]. The jigsaw system probably wil let you build smaller battle feilds- just leve out the middle sections and use the corners/ends. The jigsaw style will probably give the table greater strength i imagine.

smok
03-02-2007, 09:40
You have no idea!

When I wrote that watchman article (start of December I think) it was full of hot news. By the time it was released it was little more than a rumour round-up. The number of stories/snippets that broke on Warseer in the last week or even days before it was released was a nightmare.

Oh well....just a bit of fun:D
I tend to find magazines work best if they are edited so the content is relevant for a long time. I still get model magazines but no longer get computing magazines for that reason.

BTW - I found a way to speed up rendering of The Watchman on my Apple Mac. Where should I post the details?
Richard

lord_blackfang
03-02-2007, 09:55
So does the table come pre-flocked or is it blank (hoping for the latter) ?

smok
03-02-2007, 09:57
Or perhaps one side of each?

The boyz
03-02-2007, 09:57
Thanks for the pictures Bregalad. Those new buildings look very nice. Might have to buy a thew when they come out.

Bregalad
03-02-2007, 10:17

It's definitely one side grass and one side rubber (see bag picture), but the grass side seems not to be flocked but more durable, like a floor mat, but that is only my guess.

And sorry, Harry, to have beaten you just once ;) BTW do you know something about the rumoured wind mill kit, or is it in your next article?

Zodiac
03-02-2007, 10:23
Wow Bregalad! That stuff is so cool! You really made my day :D
Thank you for posting this!

Cheers!

Paulus
03-02-2007, 10:46
Wow! These are far better than I was expecting them to be.

When I heard about the plastic trees I was a little concerned but now after seeing them I'm really impressed.

Looks good, but one thing is bugging me.

Why not make the puzzle pieces square so smaller boards can be built with it.

You can join the 4 corner pieces together to make a smaller board & it looks like you have the option of buying more than one kit to make an uber board also - if you really wanted to!.

EvC
03-02-2007, 10:55
They look very good, thanks so much for the pics!

The Manor House seemed quite silly when I first saw it- a house with walls, like a mini fortress? How annoying! But then I realised that by having the front area you can place a few models inside there to show that the house is fortified. Nice :)

Paulus
03-02-2007, 10:59
Just a thought, does anyone know if the terrain is pre painted & also are the hills plastic or rubber like the board?

Flomat
03-02-2007, 11:09
Does anyone have an idea of the price of the building, they look very nice

ErikNe
03-02-2007, 11:24
Just a thought, does anyone know if the terrain is pre painted & also are the hills plastic or rubber like the board?

From the pictures I guess they´re not painted, at least not the buildings. If you look on the diffrent pictures you can see that the tower has been painted in diffrent ways.

Harry
03-02-2007, 11:55
And sorry, Harry, to have beaten you just once ;) BTW do you know something about the rumoured wind mill kit, or is it in your next article?
Yeah, sure. How sorry are you? :D I didn't say you had beaten me, just that you had posted them before the next Watchman.;)
The rumour of the Windmill kit was not mine. Other than the same rumour you have read, on here, I have heard nothing about it. (But that does not mean its not happening) The only Windmill I know about is a fantastic concept sketch by David Gallagher in the Blood on the RieK background book. If they make one that looks like that will be buying one for sure!

[QUOTE]I tend to find magazines work best if they are edited so the content is relevant for a long time.
Tough to do with a rumours article.:D

BTW - I found a way to speed up rendering of The Watchman on my Apple Mac. Where should I post the details?

Well you can start by PMing me! I work off a Mac and I have been completely unable to read half of the mag so please contact me with how you did it I would be very grateful.
If you could also PM Sylass with it he might be able to post it in the appropriate place for people to find and use this info. Cheers.

Mephistofeles
03-02-2007, 11:59
Oh my, these really look a lot better than I ever thought they would.

The modular gaming board looks ok, but a bit silly, I don't want long cracks going across my board, and what's up with the puzzle-look, it's just as easy to just put them down beside eachother, without them having to connect like that?

Anyway, really really nice stuff, I will most certainly be getting those walls and fences at the very least, maybe a house or two as well.

*Edit* Damn it, those trees look ace, so warhammer that I almost wet myself. I'll probably be getting a couple of those, and those hills too! Damn it, my wallet hurts already :(

Harry
03-02-2007, 12:10
I heard about the trees a while ago and I tried to imagine them doing something a bit more exciting than what was currently around but I didn't imagine anything quite this good. I am not convinced about the 'flat' foliage but if it is as flat as it looks I can always do something creative with a big bag of clump foliage and use those leafy bits in some other way. (woodland bases?) I will have to wait till I've got them in my hands and had a good look at them.
The Hills look very good I can't see me resisting buying all of this.

Tastyfish
03-02-2007, 13:19

The modular gaming board looks ok, but a bit silly, I don't want long cracks going across my board, and what's up with the puzzle-look, it's just as easy to just put them down beside eachother, without them having to connect like that?
I imagine its to help stop the puzzle bits breaking off - it effectively turns the whole side into a puzzle bit and is going to prevent them sliding against each other when moved.

I hope you'll at least be able to mail order the middle pieces - its really only those you need for board expansions.

As for the buildings, it might be these that finally convince me to get Empire, definitely looks like there is another sprue in the big set, can't see where those walls, stairs and connecting peice come from in the other sets. Not overally impressed at the moment with the Arcane ruins though, think they could have made these a bit more exciting and less generic skulls (more chaosy with runes and beastmen carvings)

The forests are definitely nice, but isn't the hill just the current Bo5A ones? The battle against chaos at the bottom seems to have them only sparsely covered compared to the photo - looks like these don't come ready flocked like the current ones do.

Steel_Legion
03-02-2007, 13:55
I love it all, so I shall be persuading my local club to get some hopefully, probably around the CoD building prices yeah? £100 box set to begin with and each building around £15 separate?

Tastyfish
03-02-2007, 14:41
I think the fortified manor is the £50 box, its just three sets like the Imperial Sector (if the odd extra bits are included in the other kits).

Swifty
03-02-2007, 15:00
Pic 1-3 are the buildings "watch tower", "chapel" and "walls and fences"

does this mean we have not yet seen the house? I didnt think the chapel looked very common empire house like, though i do not think it looks very chapel like either. However the rest are extremely nice and i will no doubt be poor shortly after they come out :cries:

Dr Death
03-02-2007, 15:04
Not hugely fond of the buildings, they dont really look all that modular and the detail is a bit cluttered though there are some nice peices. The trees on the other hand look pretty funky, if they'll be used in limitation combined with some more normal ones. They very much remind me of the studio trees they used to make for the chaos wastes with their mangrovesque roots. The long thin hill is a repackaging of the old Bo5A hill, which is no bad thing since it's an excellent peice so it's nice to see another hill in the same style. The puzzle peice boards are a very nice idea. I'm assuming their size is going to be something usable like 2 feet by 2 feet (taking into account the wavy puzzle edge) so when clipped together you get a nice round usable size rather than a few inches short of a round distance. If so that should be very nice.

Dr Death

Calif
03-02-2007, 16:35
If you combine them with the fantasy terrain from FW, then you could make very nice gaming boards ;)

Nevertheless, have any heard when they are released? GD this year maybe...

Da Mekka

Paulus
03-02-2007, 16:38
Nevertheless, have any heard when they are released? GD this year maybe...

Some point in the Summer Bregalad has said.

Daniel36
03-02-2007, 16:40
I like the look of the buildings, though I am afraid they will have no interior (GW, seriously man!!!), so no easy Mordheim fun for me (or undestroyed buildings.... Oh well).

I think the modular gaming board is a big piece of deamonically possessed crap... It's just a green flat puzzlepiece!!! I thought they'd create different textured/hills/road/stufflikethat kinds of things like a certain German scenerycompany.... Oh well.... Saves me money!

Tastyfish
03-02-2007, 16:46
I don't think the 'modular' board is for people like you - who want to have a set of tiles with different terrain on each one that can be moved around to create new battlefieds. Its for people like me, who don't have anywhere to store a 4'x6' gaming surface, anywhere flat to put a battlemat down and have models stay upright and would want to take a board round to a friend who is just starting's house.

Its a travel board, not really a modular one.

Arhalien
03-02-2007, 16:59
Those look very nice, Well done GW, good stuff :D

sir_robin
03-02-2007, 18:26
My prayers have been answered :D

sulla
03-02-2007, 18:31
It all looks nice. the highlight for me is the trees. they are brilliant. Also, looking forward to using the buildings and walls set. I can recreate a fantasy battle of La Haye saint... All these buildings on warhammer fields might even make elite infantry more useful.

Galdur Hrafnsson
03-02-2007, 20:02
If the buildings don't have any interior detail, it wouldn't exactly be hard to get some little wooden stirrers for wood flooring, and build the interior. Don't fully build the buildings, make it into a ruin... should be easy. Eyeing these up for mordheim already. Hello future store campaign!

BlazeXI
03-02-2007, 20:11
Nice find Bregalad! The buildings are great and about time for such a release. The temple is awsome.
My first buy is going to be the board, though. And hills, although some of them look familiar (The Battle of Five Armies).

Tastyfish
03-02-2007, 20:19
If the buildings don't have any interior detail, it wouldn't exactly be hard to get some little wooden stirrers for wood flooring, and build the interior. Don't fully build the buildings, make it into a ruin... should be easy. Eyeing these up for mordheim already. Hello future store campaign!

Hot wire cutter should do it, adding the layer inside might be a bit trickier, depends on how the sides go together.

rob_alderman
03-02-2007, 20:32
Nice, I've always liked GW scenery. Hopefully it will be usable in other games like much of the real old stuff.

Anyone remember the book 'how to make WARGAMES scenery' by CITADEL. Nice to use their logo.

jon23516
03-02-2007, 20:38
The jigsaw system probably wil let you build smaller battle feilds- just leve out the middle sections and use the corners/ends. The jigsaw style will probably give the table greater strength i imagine.

I would also think that the curved interior shape of the table sections would make it a little more difficult as a "distance measuring tool"

All in all, its an elegant way of allowing six pieces of material to "stick together" without any additional hardware or pieces to lose over the lifetime of the product.

Jon

Hagraz
03-02-2007, 22:06
Picture number 8 is already out ;)

warmaster
03-02-2007, 23:24
Looking over the modular board, it doesnt seem very modular. As someone mentioned before, It seems to be geared towards those that travel/dont have a lot of space, and not for people who want a board with terrain built in that they can switch around to make different combos with.

And I dont think having square peices makes it any easier to pre measure- sure, you know that where the line goes across the board is two feet, but anyone who can devide can figure that out, since its 48" wide. so from one table edge to the middle of the width is obviously going to be 2 feet.

Autach
03-02-2007, 23:51
Really awesome stuff, WILL get everything!!!!!!!

Board is ideal for storage, scenery looks very durable, nice details on all and the trees are really COOL!!!!

Can see this stuff lasting a lifetime of gaming wear and tear!!

Bregalad
04-02-2007, 00:21
The board is modular in the sense that you have a generic underground and put hills, trees, buildings and stuff on it to create different terrain every time. The puzzle structure is so that during play the board pieces do not get moved but stay in place. The material is more durable than a grass mat or a green cloth and probably has a nicer feel (and won't move on the underground).

If you do everything yourself then you probably won't need the board, but then again you can also sculpt your own minis and don't need GW at all.

Concerning release time: Officially it will come "during summer", but they and we all hope that it will be ready for the summer Nemesis campaign. It will certainly be helpful, as the CoD buildings for the Medusa campaign.

silashand
04-02-2007, 08:57
I heard about the trees a while ago and I tried to imagine them doing something a bit more exciting than what was currently around but I didn't imagine anything quite this good.

The Hills look very good I can't see me resisting buying all of this.

I agree completely. I was underwhelmed by the rumour of all-plastic trees, but these look pretty darn fantastic IMO. I still like "normal" trees for some uses, but I will definitely be building a few woods using these, though I will probably do as you suggested and use some clump foliage to add a little more depth to them. Overall though, I think GW hit a home run with these as long as they aren't priced too horribly.

Cheers, Gary

Orinoco
04-02-2007, 09:31
this stuff is great!i can only imagine the possiblities for mordhiem!

thorgrim
04-02-2007, 12:47
can't wait fir those kits to come out

spikedog
04-02-2007, 13:12
Damn those are some hot looking buildings.

I have never been a great fan of any trees ever released by GW or any other companies but those I will get.

Killshot
04-02-2007, 13:12
I don't really care for the building that much. I don't know what I was expecting, but they are not what I had envisioned. The rest I will definitely take a good look at though.

dax
04-02-2007, 15:39
The larger hill set is definately the BO5A set repackaged. I thought it was different until I looked at the full table layout and you can see the 2 pieces put together like the BO5A hills. You need 2 sets (4 pieces) to make an entire large hill.

The small hill is new and I'd imagine its 1 piece

takenoko
04-02-2007, 15:41
This stuff is excellent, really. I can see me getting a modular board, really handy for us students I should think...

Problem is, since this is GW we're talking about, the trees and buildings, seeing how awesome they look, will probably be incredibly over-priced. Which is sad. I could see my Barrow Kings living in a forest like that...

Daniel36
04-02-2007, 16:31
Orinoco, don't get your hopes up too much. Chances are the buildings won't have any interior, so a ruined version will need a lot of extra work, making it just as effective to completely build something yourself. Still, for regular WH battles, they are ideal, and for siege in particular!! I like them!!

rkunisch
04-02-2007, 16:57
Wow! Those pictures really made my day. :D

I was curious about the modular terrain rumour, but that looks fantastic! I really hope that they expand on the basic set. It would definitely helpful to have a separate middle section to make longer tables. Also a "center piece" (all sides puzzle) would allow to make huge tables. If they are successful I can image desert boards as well.

Has somebody an idea about the size? I assume they are about 24"/60cm long?

I just canceled my current table building project. :)

The buildings are quite nice and will add to my existing collection (Forge World). Together that should make a nice city.

Perhaps GW are using the 'Citadel' brand so that shops that don't stock GW games will still stock GW terrain/modeling stuff?
IIRC was Citadel always the brand which was used to sell the "hobby" articles. Those scenery pieces and flock etc. were label Citadel as far as I can remember back.

EDIT: The modular hill is the old BoFA one. The only question remains, if it comes pre-flocked.

Have fun,

Rolf.

BlazeXI
04-02-2007, 17:27
My first buy is going to be the board, though. And hills, although some of them look familiar (The Battle of Five Armies).

EDIT: The modular hill is the old BoFA one. The only question remains, if it comes pre-flocked.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Thanks Rolf, finaly someone did agree with me!

EDIT: And I forsee Brandir will agree with me in the next post ;)
Congratulations for the todays Handball final!

Brandir
04-02-2007, 18:14
Thanks Rolf, finaly someone did agree with me! ......

Add me to the list of those agreeing with you!

Torgaddon
04-02-2007, 19:33
The modular hills have been out for months not just with Bo5A but as seperate gaming hills at £15 for a pair. They're just grey plastic.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99229999061&orignav=300810

The smaller hill featured in an article of Standard Bearer, the one where J is harping on about the chap who invents damage dice and rules cases. There's a photo of his desk and on it is that hill!!

Not at all interesting I know, but hey.

In picture 10 the two towers seem to have the 'shed' on the roof at different angles which means it's probably detatchable.

All looks ace, it's just a shame I can't afford it or so the wife tells me.

T

Mojaco
04-02-2007, 22:47
I'm soooo gonna turn that huge building into an 40k ork stronghold :D:D

Mojaco
04-02-2007, 22:52
IIRC was Citadel always the brand which was used to sell the "hobby" articles. Those scenery pieces and flock etc. were label Citadel as far as I can remember back.

The citadel logo is on every box they sell....

On the topic of inside detail; why would they make just one side with detail and leave the other flat, when they know people are going to make wrecked versions? At the very least I'm expecting a simple wall texture.

Sheena Easton
04-02-2007, 23:51
Love the Arcane Ruins. Overall they look well made and thought out and seem to have lots of easy conversion opportunities.

I'm soooo gonna turn that huge building into an 40k ork stronghold :D:D

I like this idea...

Dargon
05-02-2007, 00:15
As someone without much interest in humans (what's the point of fantasy if you're gonna play humans:p ), I'm a bit underwhelmed so far by the buildings. They're great, but it won't be until I can get a good look at their potential for creating alternative structures that they begin to grab my attention.

The Arcane Ruins look like they might have some potential, particularly if the set has some alternative icons to the "skulls". Replace the skulls with Dwarf Ancestor Heads and there is some potential there for some great simple Dwarf structures.

The trees are the definate highlight though:D .
Simply stunning and full of character. I can forsee a multitude of Treeman conversions popping up all over the place once these babies are introduced. As for me, only GWs prices could possibly stall me from collecting an entire forest of these things.

Just a thought...

Hawkmoon
05-02-2007, 01:47
I'm really quite impressed by all this new scenery coming out from GW. Both WHFB and 40k it definitely beats anything they released before. With a bit of conversion work I could see a whole city being built from these sets.

As for me, only GWs prices could possibly stall me from collecting an entire forest of these things.

That is the one thing that gave me pause as well. It's a tough choice when you only have the money to add to your army or buy premade scenery. Especially when you could easily make your own scenery with a bit of work.

Fred_Scuttle
05-02-2007, 02:33
Maybe it's the quality of the picture - but I seem to be in the singular minority who do not like the trees.......a little to 'stylized' for my tastes....... BUT - I'm glad so many of you like them.

As for the rest - TOP NOTCH.... I EASILY see myself getting 2 of each building, and 2-3 perhaps of the Ruins........look VERY cool and magical.

As for the mat - like the concept - will have to lay my hands on one perhaps just to see how it feels. I'm REALLY glad they made it 4x6 - will fit the table I mage....;)

Fred

Jedi152
05-02-2007, 06:47
Hmm. I like the buildings, i don't love them. I would have much preferred an inn and a few types of rural cottage myself. The arcane ruins just don't look that 'warhammer-y' to me - is anyone else really bored of depicted chaos stuff with giant camp skulls yet?

The only think i like the look of are the fences and the trees, which look excellent.

Richard
As well as PMing Harry and Sylass, you can PM Voltaire and he'll be able to take a look.

Paulus
05-02-2007, 06:55
Does anyone else find it funny that the plastic trees seem to be the most widely well received release from GW on Warseer in a while! :D

Bregalad
05-02-2007, 08:14
As for the mat - like the concept - will have to lay my hands on one perhaps just to see how it feels. I'm REALLY glad they made it 4x6 - will fit the table I mage....;)

And it doubles as a sleeping mat for the real GW fanboy ;) So next Games Day, you are in a queue for FW items or limited minis, put your puzzle out and get comfortable on the floor! :)

Harry
05-02-2007, 08:44
If only they had thought about it a little more they could have put that heat reflective silver foil on the back and you would have been all set.:)

Osbad
05-02-2007, 09:02
All looks very interesting. The buildings look a lot less craptastic than the CoD ones. Unflocked and unpainted hills I don't see the point of though: I'm the laziest terrain builder I know and even I can be bothered to hack up a bit of polystyrene into a rough hill shape - no need to pay £15 for half a hill really.

For me it is the price. If works out like £15 - £20 for a large-ish building I'll be happy. If it works out £50 for the same I'll be avoiding them like the plague.

Tim
05-02-2007, 12:57
overall the buildings are nice, I liked the COD buildings better due to the ability to make what you want from them, but, Ill get some of these. The trees, i don't know, the plastic leaves are a little to "HR Puffinstuff" for me, but wit all things like this, i will reserve final judjement till I see them in the flesh, so to speak.

I do have to agree with the why always human sentiment. In 40k I play Tau, Tyranids and Orks, I did build a human ruin city for gaming, (mostly from other sources,) It would be nice to see some love for non-humans. On a side note, I like building scenry an have built scenry for all my 40k armies, I will do the same for my warhammer, it would just be nice for a little non-human stuff.

Perhaps it would not go amiss for GW to create one kit for each army when its new armybook/codex is released?

Finn Sourscowl
05-02-2007, 16:19
Not 100% sure about the buildings... I'd have liked something a little more "generic" (peasant cottages etc). They do look really nice, though, but I'll have to see them for real to know if I want to shell out for some. The other bits and bobs look very nice, however... anyone any idea how big the mod. board is (6x4?)?

Thanks for taking the time to post them :)

Ender Shadowkin
05-02-2007, 17:29

(

Well it sure beats my sectional modular partical board monstrosity. It weighs a ton and I need to have clips to "suck" the table together. The reason I have a modular board is because we rotate game nights at diffrent houses, so We have a fixed board at two peoples houses and one that we can easily ship back and forth, so we can get two games in at one place. I think its a great idea. The "puzzel" affect is actually a really good idea, one it reduces sliding and two, when you build a sectional table you need to reduce hard lines as much as possible to keep people honest about charge distances, any line is bad but the curvey ones are better than staight.

Those house look great, also way better then then cardboard ones I have :( even though I have managed to keep them uncrushed after all these years . . .

Zanzibarthefirst
05-02-2007, 19:07
any chance of sending a web link to the pictures, my browser doesnt like to pick up the attached thumbnails.

cybertron2000uk
05-02-2007, 19:36
the three up of them houses must have been doll house sized!

looks good, wont get any.....not into empire.....

trees dont look too bad for 40k...better than them horrible old jungle sprues....shudder....what where they on??? soo gamer friendly....

perfect for catchans or feral orcs....

Paulus
05-02-2007, 19:41
looks good, wont get any.....not into empire.....

Think the Imperial symbol's will be optional on the sprues so that the buildings can be used by other (albeit limited) races.

Bregalad
05-02-2007, 23:55
any chance of sending a web link to the pictures, my browser doesnt like to pick up the attached thumbnails.

Try the rumour roundup, where they can be seen directly.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51439

Hellebore
06-02-2007, 02:30
The trees look great - I can see that the moulding process meant they could only do flat sheets of leaves. But I think that if you bend the leaves over a dome shaped object, they will 'hang' more realistically.

Hellebore

Jonahmaul
06-02-2007, 19:49
I think these scenery pieces are very nice. I also don't have a human army but they still make nice terrain pieces & there's no reason why non-human armies can't fight on them. Also with a bit of converting they could be made to fit other races, most notably Dwarfs & Chaos.

nowingsforbalrog
06-02-2007, 20:26
Does anyone have any idea what these things are going to run?

Bregalad
07-02-2007, 00:26
Erm .. I do not quite understand, as buildings, walls and trees do not run. If you possibly talk about prices, they are not known, just the pics and an estimated release during summer.

grave digger
07-02-2007, 03:17
I like the idea of the modular game mat but I'm a little perplexed. Many are saying that it will be great for people to pick up and go with/have little room to store a board/etc. Would you not need a 4'x6' board on which to place the modular board? Or will the thing be rigid enough to hold together on the kitchen table or (as in colledge I did many times) the pool table?

Just curious.

Either way I'd like to get one to put on my kitchen tabe for small games (4'x4').

Diggs

Bregalad
07-02-2007, 08:21
Well, the room should be at least 4'x6', then you can put the modular board on the floor, right? ;)

static grass
07-02-2007, 08:39
I think the buildings look really nice and I am happy that they will fit closely with the FW range of buildings especially if painted in a similar style.

I don't like the trees, I like what they tried to do but I think I will need to see these in real life first. The trunks look great.

Hopefully the ruins are a sign that GW will do terrain for other races. The potential is huge. Not to start wishing but a chaos tree would simply rock.

The modular mat will need some support underneath but even stuck on the bedroom floor it will still look awesome

Jedi152
07-02-2007, 10:31
I'm annoyed that the trees are mentioned as being 'mounted on one terrain piece'. I hope they'll be convertible, and not moulded to it.

Dosadi
07-02-2007, 13:11
I've been told that the gaming boards will not be out until the fall as they are having quality issues with the material used. The building will be out in March-April however.

Dosadi

EvC
07-02-2007, 13:28
I'm starting to understand why GW are getting so coy with the rumours...

rkunisch
07-02-2007, 13:59
I like the idea of the modular game mat but I'm a little perplexed. Many are saying that it will be great for people to pick up and go with/have little room to store a board/etc. Would you not need a 4'x6' board on which to place the modular board? Or will the thing be rigid enough to hold together on the kitchen table or (as in colledge I did many times) the pool table?
Well, I have a table that is large enough to hold board sections, but I also use it as a dining table. I have made two board sections of 1,20mx1,20m size. Unfortunately I have no good room to store those boards. I began to make smaller ones, but with this puzzle pieces, I think I will hold that project for a while...:D

Have fun,

Rolf.

Bregalad
07-02-2007, 15:30
I've been told that the gaming boards will not be out until the fall as they are having quality issues with the material used. The building will be out in March-April however.
Dosadi

Well, I do not believe the March-April release date. At least in France all releases for March and April are fixed and officially presented online. And there is no Fantasy terrain. May/June is possible though, as it would be perfect for the Fantasy summer campaign.

DaBrode
07-02-2007, 22:05
I'm annoyed that the trees are mentioned as being 'mounted on one terrain piece'. I hope they'll be convertible, and not moulded to it.

Looking at the boxes I'd guess they're not molded to it, but this is just a guess.

Zzarchov
07-02-2007, 22:39
I should do up an article showing you how to have a passable gaming table you can hide behind your couch and costs about the same as one of the starter kits with some terrain.

laughingman
08-02-2007, 03:52
hey sorry, but if this is not posted yet, it would be good.
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/empire/terrain/hobby_buildings/default.htm

CENOBITE
08-02-2007, 06:38
More terrain pictures and a close up of the dragon can be found here (http://ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2007/Bilder/142.html) (along with the foundation paints and some DA)

Capitán Sánchez
08-02-2007, 08:13
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/empire/terrain/hobby_buildings/default.htm

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've just seen them this morning, via GW's e-mail.

They are not FW, are they? :eek:

Any idea of when are they going to be released? Any clue about price?

I simply cannot wait.

Thank you

spikedog
08-02-2007, 08:23
If you read the information about the buildings it says they were made just for the Empire release so I don't think they will be seeing the light of day in the form of a release. Shame as they are really beautiful.

snurl
08-02-2007, 08:35
I think the ones on the GW site are just scratchbuilt one-offs. If you look closely you'll spy some mordhiem bits like windows and doors.

Jedi152
08-02-2007, 09:35
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've just seen them this morning, via GW's e-mail.

They are not FW, are they? :eek:

Any idea of when are they going to be released? Any clue about price?

I simply cannot wait.

Thank you
No, as usual GW refuses to release the amazing stuff, and saves the sub-standard for release.

Bregalad
08-02-2007, 09:45

These are fantastic buildings, but as said before, done only for studio work and not for any release. For full background story go to this thread:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51312

There are some close up pics from the buildings in the first Empire battle report (the one with the ship on second floor) in the January or February WD.

More terrain pictures and a close up of the dragon can be found here (http://ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2007/Bilder/142.html) (along with the foundation paints and some DA)

And for everyone's convenience, I have attached the relevant pics from this link:

Tastyfish
08-02-2007, 12:06
Looks like the woods have been designed to allow you to remove the trees so that units can move though them - or they might just have been badly glued.

Harry
08-02-2007, 12:57
Those buildings are (mostly) the work of Dave Andrews. They are one offs. Where some of the parts seem repeated this is because they were made using 'flats' produced by Dave. These are 'flat' sculpts which he then gets moulds made for him to cast what he wants in resin for his own use.

They really are very nice. He is a talented man.

Jedi152
08-02-2007, 13:00
They are gorgeous. I'm considering getting a load of Mordheim building sprues, plasticard and foamcore in and trying to copy them...

Looks like the woods have been designed to allow you to remove the trees so that units can move though them - or they might just have been badly glued.
What gives you this idea?

Bregalad
08-02-2007, 14:26
@Jedi152: How about doing them in resin, selling them on ebay and giving the people what they want: Cool modular City buildings. Perhaps that makes GW think about it ;) (don't tell them that you live in Nottingham though :))

BTW currently I use trees from Playmobil (see below). Some are looking quite good and are up to 30cm (1 foot) high. I bought them on ebay.

Tastyfish
08-02-2007, 16:13
Sorry about the colour (and the size, no idea how to the thumbnail thing), its quite hard finding something that will stand out against the background there. Basically you can see where the thing has been stuck down, the tree on the right might not even be properly lined up rather than stuck badly.
In general though, its something they always seem to reccomend when making forests.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/Tazzleflash/Games_Workshop_02.jpg

Jedi152
08-02-2007, 16:18
@Bregalad: Sadly i wouldn't have the knowhow or the technology - it's be hard enough to make them in the first place! :p

@Tastyfish - good spot! That's some good vision you've got there! This implies they can be removed and attached to their own bases so ever forest isn't identical! Woo!

Fred_Scuttle
08-02-2007, 17:17
Ok - seeing the trees more in play rather than the box front - I change my mind. I am now officially in the 'nice' frame of mind. May change to 'meh' or 'cool' when I see them in person.

Fred

Ender Shadowkin
08-02-2007, 17:43
Nice spot on the modular trees. That is definetly the way to go. I love the trunks on those trees but just can't get over the flat leaves. I bet they would look really good with the flat leaves replaced with traditional tree flock. The flat leaves in turn could make some nice jungle/lustria trees. Not like I need to start replacing my vast collection of tree bases and woods. . .

Bregalad
08-02-2007, 22:43
Actually, some of the lower branches were glued on upside down, with the main branch above the leaves. :rolleyes:

Shadowheart
09-02-2007, 07:16
Orinoco, don't get your hopes up too much. Chances are the buildings won't have any interior, so a ruined version will need a lot of extra work, making it just as effective to completely build something yourself. Still, for regular WH battles, they are ideal, and for siege in particular!! I like them!!

I dunno about that. The only interior detail you'd have to add is floors (much more than that and it becomes unpractical as a gaming piece), and with some balsa wood for supporting beams and floorboards, that shouldn't be all that hard. Meanwhile you have the advantage of a lot of exterior detail, as well as having the right scale established.
Knocking up something from scratch could be less work (not to mention cheaper), but getting this much detail on it isn't easy.

I'll be getting some for Mordheim anyway. Probably the trees as well, though I'd be inclined to leave the leaves off. Could perhaps use them as 40K tank camouflage instead.

ekxw
09-02-2007, 12:00
sorry can anyone pass me the url of the GW french release schedule, i didnt understand french to well

Bregalad
09-02-2007, 19:04
Here it is:
http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp
Take it as a hotlink, as it is always the first place for official release info (UK and USA probably being the last ;)).

Daniel36
10-02-2007, 17:21
Well Shadowheart, a friend of mine saw them last weekend and he felt the scale was a bit off (like the Manufactorum was), so that kinda stinks... Plus you need more than just floors... You'd need to texture the walls, plus the walls would be an Empire soldier's fingertip thick, so you'd still be messing around with foamcore in the end... I would go for slightly less detailed but at least the right thickness then... But that's just me...

superknijn
10-02-2007, 17:52
What has happened to the rumoured windmill?

Crazy Harborc
10-02-2007, 20:28
If/when the terrain is in the local GW store, I'll check it out. A couple of the pieces might fit in with all the buildings and terrain I've accumulated in 40 plus years of wargaming.

For all the gamers who don't have long years of accumulated terrain....yet, those pieces are a good way to start.;)

Shadowheart
11-02-2007, 02:46
Plus you need more than just floors... You'd need to texture the walls, plus the walls would be an Empire soldier's fingertip thick, so you'd still be messing around with foamcore in the end...

What texture do you suppose the walls would have? No more than the outside (less, what with less exposure to the elements), which seems pretty smooth. A bit of textured paint or some of that roughcoat spray ought to be enough to keep them from seeming unnaturally smooth.
Wall thickness would be an issue, but I think it's a small price to pay for the benefits. Though, if you just use the plastic walls as a template, cutting some card or foamcore to size ought not to be that much work.

TCUTTER
12-02-2007, 00:31
am i the only person who is excited about the fences and walls, and wants to know what the contents of said box are, im guessing 3 walls and 3 fences per pack but i could be surprised.

Harry
12-02-2007, 05:46
If you look to picture four in Bregalads first post I think that probably shows a full set of walls and fences included with the fortified manor house type thing. (Not the big ones in front, the little ones spread all around it).

yeancientone
14-02-2007, 08:39
The French Games Workshop site is pretty good - I'll be keeping a geekish eye on it! Vive le difference!

Daniel36
14-02-2007, 09:32
No I am very excited about the fences and walls, I actually already have a small project in mind for the walls.

Shadowheart, come over to my local gaming club and let's discuss some more :)
Only just noticed you're from the Netherlands as well! :D

corben_da
14-02-2007, 12:19
looking awesome!!

Azurath
14-02-2007, 16:27

It looks like a conversion with the existing dragon kit, but with the wings of Gaulrauch

Fingol23
23-02-2007, 19:47
Could someone tell me what the dark eldar thing on the release schedule is

Mister Hat
23-02-2007, 20:51
They are DE Wyches. Thought to be the current ones repackaged.

Bregalad
23-02-2007, 21:54
Could someone tell me what the dark eldar thing on the release schedule is

They are DE Wyches. Thought to be the current ones repackaged.
Dark Eldar? Wyches? You are in a thread about WH Fantasy terrain, are you aware of that?

DjtHeutii
25-02-2007, 18:36
I quite like the new terrain overall.

Bregalad
03-03-2007, 16:52
BlazeXI gave us a link to some new pictures of the terrain pieces, including most sprues. I attached them here for convenience.
The original thread:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72487
The original Polish link:
http://www.cytadela.pl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=678

smith3030
03-03-2007, 17:11
The new scenery looks great! I'd love to see some high elf type structures!Any idea of the cost yet? I'll for sure be buying some when it comes out. Looks like I have to sell a few more xbox 360s!

BlazeXI
03-03-2007, 17:19
The new scenery looks great! I'd love to see some high elf type structures!Any idea of the cost yet? I'll for sure be buying some when it comes out. Looks like I have to sell a few more xbox 360s!

The Hill is quite expensive at around 15 GBP.

static grass
04-03-2007, 09:31
I think that it looks quite good. You only "need" a couple of them. After playing warhammer for 15 years I have made precisely 4 hills for my "warhammer golf course". Once I have sanded painted and flocked a few times added a touch of snow I think it will look cool.

I think the chaos temple looks the least impressive but I still would class it as being good.

Insane Psychopath
04-03-2007, 12:25
Hi everone

Well first all sorry if this has already been done, I am not much of a WFB gamer & so tend not to come this area of the site.

But was that the Scottish Conflict today & spoted some new WFB buildings on spure & felt you lot might want to check them out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/Conflict/DSC01249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/Conflict/DSC01250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/Conflict/DSC01251.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ironwarriors/insane%20psycopath/Conflict/DSC01252.jpg

Enjoy

IP

Shallowain
04-03-2007, 13:11
This are not really new "news", but there are some nice closeups.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67682&page=9 is the already existing thread about this.

I think those threads should be merged.

Arhalien
04-03-2007, 13:12
What Shallowain said :p

Good find getting a picture of the building made up though; we've only had painted pics up until now.

Paulus
04-03-2007, 13:18
Nice to see it on the sprue as it confirms what I had suspected, the Empire pieces are optional. :D

Radioactive Bob
04-03-2007, 17:16
I hope they aren't as hard to build as the Warhammer Fortress towers- now there's a way to waste a day of your lfe...

But I really like the look of these- especially those little extras that really give the model a little bit more character- sorry if I'm being too analytical...

Autach
05-03-2007, 08:51
What Shallowain said :p

Good find getting a picture of the building made up though; we've only had painted pics up until now.

Looks like I'll have to get a few of these now especially as the Empire bits are optional!!!

Imperial Git
05-03-2007, 10:29
This terrain indeed looks awesome!

However, does anyone know if a more 'house' house will be released?
Loving the manor thing, but some small houses would be nice to create a village.

Albrecht Hexenjaeger
05-03-2007, 10:58
Awesome, awesome, awesome! All of the new scenery looks totally ace, and I for one have already purchased them...in my mind! The most awesome thing about any of GW's plastic scenery kits are the bitz/gubbins/add-ons. These are the perfect things to add onto my scratchbuilt terrain to spruce them up.

The_Hrud
05-03-2007, 13:23
they're lovely, but you can bet they're gonna be extortionate.

Todosi
05-03-2007, 15:38
Wow Hrud, that is a very constructive and insightful comment! If the Cities of Death are any indication, they'll probably be around $25 each with a larger sets going proportionally higher.

scarletsquig
05-03-2007, 16:50
Yeah, compared to other companies' resin buildings, these should actually pretty pretty cheap.

Also, I think I'm starting to like those trees... are the leaves detachable to allow models to be placed within the forest? Looks like it from that picture, but it's hard to tell.

Fingol23
05-03-2007, 18:04
Does the base come with the forest?

Crazy Harborc
05-03-2007, 18:07
IF the suits at GW are sharp enough to undercut the competition on pricing the buildings GW can do a high volume and make some real money due to more sales not less sales at higher prices but less profit due to higher unit costs due to lower sales numbers.

Radioactive Bob
05-03-2007, 18:18
I don't know why everyone got hyped up about the dragon. It was definately converted, as most models didn't look eavy metal on that board.
Onto other stuff though, I really like the sacrificial ruins, I can easily see some Chaos dioramas at Games Day with those...
Not much for Orcs though...

Bregalad
05-03-2007, 21:48
Leaves seem to be extra, base is included with the trees, and there seem to be no other buildings in the near future. If you want village houses, look for cardboard buildings (cheap, see http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72296 or Mordheim) or Kobblestone (resin, fine, but expensive, see here: http://stores.ebay.de/Kobblestone-Miniatures )

Nekki
06-03-2007, 17:49
These look good. Specialy since my ability to make my own terrain = 0 ^^'

RevEv
10-03-2007, 07:29
Drool - I have so much to look forward to this summer (like getting back home for a start), but this might be the cherry on the top.

Thanks for the pics, the buildings are awsome, but the modular boards an inspired piece of kit.

Gre'setal
22-03-2007, 18:28
Im liking the terrian, very nice, but the dragon looks surprisingly like a normal dragon with galrauchs wings and a choas knight riding it. :eyebrows: :D

Paulus
22-03-2007, 18:29
Im liking the terrian, very nice, but the dragon looks surprisingly like a normal dragon with galrauchs wings and a choas knight riding it. :eyebrows: :D

Probably because that's exactly what it is :D

Arhalien
22-03-2007, 18:30

That's because it is :p

Wooz
22-03-2007, 19:57
That terrain looks great.

I'm really stoked about the gaming board as I don't have the room to store a full-sized board. Having one that can be 'broken down' like that will be awesome. I wasn't too sure about the buildings at first, but they do look like they could be cool. I'll just have to wait until I can see them 'in person'.

Put me down as another person looking forward to the walls and hedges.

STGM
27-03-2007, 20:04
It's now showing up on the Alliance website with MSRP of $125.

GAW 64-19 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: TR Building Set