PDA

View Full Version : Tau Air Cadre

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
03-02-2007, 22:39
Hi.

I played my first games of A.I. today and I have to say I totally love it.
At the moment I own 2 Barracudas and 2 Tiger Sharks (regular ones, no A-X-1).
I want to increase the number of my flight soon. Barracudas have to be more of course, but what would you suggest of ordering for landing troops? Go with the TigerSharks or maybe rather the Orca ??

By the way you find my WIP flyers here in M, P + T:
VERITAS painted Tau for A.I. so far... (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1269254&posted=1#post1269254)

orangesm
03-02-2007, 23:36
I think 2 more Barracudas & an Orca would be best with what you currently have.

This gives you a decent variety of aircraft and everything for any of the scenarios aside from Ground Defenses.

Nemoyo
04-02-2007, 00:23
I've got an orca but I have not used it yet. However it has better thrust then a tigershark and all round firepower plus the option to upgrade to jump troops :)

njbumper
04-02-2007, 04:28
I just played with the MANTA totally AWESOME, shot down two IMPERIAL LIGHTENINGS after that everybody stayed away. Good game!

Spacker
04-02-2007, 16:55
My Tau Cadre is currently 4 Barracuda and 2 Tiger Sharks, I've got a pair of AX-1-0 on order for ground attack missions, and I'll probably use the standard Tiger Sharks for transport roles - I can't stand the Orca model, and the Manta is just too expensive (both in points and money) to justify adding yet. I might well fatten up a Tiger Shark to use as a proxy Orca, or maybe even one of the BFG Tau ships if I can get some dimensions on them and work out which would be most suitable.

Duckman
04-02-2007, 20:57
wow thouse are amazing man

ml2sjw
06-02-2007, 10:59
I've got an orca but I have not used it yet. However it has better thrust then a tigershark and all round firepower plus the option to upgrade to jump troops :)

not really all round fire power, its down only so good luck using it in a dog fight against a player with half a brain

Nemoyo
06-02-2007, 11:14
not really all round fire power, its down only so good luck using it in a dog fight against a player with half a brain
Yes but there may be ground defences near the landing zone and with a low maneuverability aircraft 360 degree fire could well be very useful.

Spacker
06-02-2007, 11:29

It's down to risk - does your opponent fly one level above you to deny the drone fire, but in doing so force himself to hit only on 6s, or does he fly at the same level to increase the chance of hitting and thereby risk the drones. Remember, "down" does not mean "only at targets 1 level below", it means "same level and 1 level below" ;)

Voronwe[MQ]
06-02-2007, 11:44
Alright, I'm doomed; Aeronautica Imperialis rulebook as son as possible.

Voronwe

Imber
12-02-2007, 07:28
I'm not having any plain Tiger Sharks in my cadre, as I feel there is little point except for special missions (i.e. troop drop, where I can just use my AX-10s as proxy) as the weapons are the same as a Barracuda, but they are Slow (and I want as many fast as I can get). Instead I have only AX-10s, as they are capable for bombing runs, and can be fitted with Seeker Missiles (especially useful in a non-ammo game).