PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Hell Talon

ancient god
04-02-2007, 00:29
Hey folks

Thought I'd show you my first Hell Talon. I'm going for 3 Talons along with 2 flights of 4 Blades, so there's more to come as soon as I get the rest of my stuff from FW.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/ancientgod/hell_talon_01.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/ancientgod/hell_talon_02.jpg

Note the white ID markings on the wingtip and cockpit side.
Hope you like it! :)

Cheers,
AG

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
04-02-2007, 00:38
Ohh, that one I like very much. Has a bit of weathering and it is just looking very nice.
Played against Chaos today. A very good game, your flyers are fast I can tell.
Is your whole flight going to be black as a main colour?

grave digger
04-02-2007, 01:12
That's very nice. I just cleaned my Tallons/Blades and am about to prime them. How did you paint them up, if you don't mind my asking.

Diggs

ancient god
04-02-2007, 01:21
Is your whole flight going to be black as a main colour?

Nabend. The three Talons are going to be black. I haven't decided on schemes for the Blades yet... I'm considering a flight in dark red or maybe some blue-chrome ones. Not sure yet. :) I'll post pics as soon as something is finished, though.

I certainly don't mind, grave digger. After priming the Talon black, I gave it a light dry brush of dark grey (eg Vallejo German Grey). Then, I dry brushed the engine block etc with GW Boltgun metal and used the same paint to paint on some chipping. After that I weathered it by painting thinned down GW Vermin Brown into some recesses as well as onto some exposed edges. The cockpit is blended from pure GW Snakebite Leather via Vallejo German Camo Black Brown to black with a white reflection. The markings are Vallejo Ivory with a bit of chipping in black to simulate the base coat coming through.

Hope, that helps. :)

PS: That aquarell-like look on some flat areas is not my doing - it's just the matte varnish behaving funky under some light conditions. :angel:

Cheers!

orangesm
04-02-2007, 01:58
They are very nice looking. The cockpit I find especially well done.

Tymell
04-02-2007, 02:09
Very well done! I'm genuinelly impressed by the weathering effect you've got on it, and I look forward to seeing more of this quality as you go :D

Nemoyo
04-02-2007, 02:34
That looks great fantastic work :)

Greblord
04-02-2007, 03:09
Nice work fellah. The cab and paint wear bring it to life

Brother_Bethor
04-02-2007, 08:12
What a great painted plane. Amazing. I can't wait to see your other flying machines.

Slekith
04-02-2007, 12:53
Very good paint job with the cockpit. Have you tried adding some glossy varnish to give it a more "glassy" look.

Baaltharus
04-02-2007, 13:09
Looks amazing, the mirky cockpit looks especially awesome.

Al.

Duckman
04-02-2007, 20:55
thats awsome man a dar red would good for the other ones

Tyra_Nid
04-02-2007, 23:48
Oh... sexy. Very sexy.

EDIT: Just to reiterate: SEXY! How did you do the cockpit glass? Its brilliant.

Could anyone get me some measurements in CM for the chaos craft? length and width?

Math Mathonwy
05-02-2007, 09:59
With the first glance, I thought it was a really sloppy paint job. Then I noticed the cockpit and after that I realized that everything on the plane was intentional. Whoah :eek: That's some nice weathering going on there! Awesome stuff.

Do the Chaos stars have a "sky-earthy"-effect on them?

Voronwe[MQ]
05-02-2007, 11:11
Amazing paint job. Down-to-earth and realistic.

Voronwe

ancient god
05-02-2007, 16:51
Hey folks, glad you like it. :)

Slekith, I considered using gloss varnish but I feel it might take away from the gloss effect I already painted on.

Tyra_Nid, I blended the cockpit using the following paints: GW Snakebite Leather, Vallejo German Camo Black Brown, black and grey/white for the flare. In between layers I glazed the whole thing with different mixes of SBL/Black Brown to keep the transition smooth.

Hell Talon - L: 72 mm / W: 36 mm
Hell Blade - L: 53 mm / W: 21 mm

Math Mathonwy, that's just good'ol Boltgun Metal with a wash of Vermin Brown.

Thanks for all the kind replies! :) I'll paint up some more soon-ish.

Cheers,
AG

fattdex
05-02-2007, 18:35
Very nice, and very scale deceptive! I have been trying to think of a scheme for my chaos for a while, and I think that yours proves that the simpler, the more striking. I might end up doing them as word bearers, in a similar style to yours.

malika
05-02-2007, 19:55
Oh my that's one impressive fighter you got there!

Tyra_Nid
06-02-2007, 00:24
Hell Talon - L: 72 mm / W: 36 mm
Hell Blade - L: 53 mm / W: 21 mm

Cool, thanks, I assume the Width is at their thickest point...

ancient god
06-02-2007, 01:30
No, actually I just measured their left wingtips. ;)

fattdex, if you do that, make sure to post up some pictures! :D

fattdex
06-02-2007, 02:44
i will :) should have them in my hands in about a months time :D

Duckman
08-02-2007, 03:13
have you done any more work on your ships?

ancient god
08-02-2007, 11:43
Nopes, no further painting done till now... I'll post an update as soon as I have something to show. :) (This could be a couple of weeks I'm afraid.)

Wolflord Havoc
08-02-2007, 13:33
Ohhhhhhh I likes them...I likes them a lot.

Well done Ancient God.

Gives me an idea for mine when they arrive.I am getting 2 packs of each (4 Talons and 6 Blades).

I had thought of painting them like Cylons.....not sure why though!!

levinas
08-02-2007, 13:48
When I first saw that I thought it was 40K scale! And then I saw the base - that's awesome stuff. Show us more.

Malakai
08-02-2007, 15:15
I like the work you did on the cockpit window especially. It reminded me of the artwork I first saw of them. Servitors bound for life in a putrid fog of infernal gases and toxins. Just well done.

-Malakai

Zhai Morenn
19-02-2007, 18:37
Very very very sexy. Beautifully done on the cockpit- I honestly just sat staring at that picture for several minutes just taking it all in- Unbelievably good detail- I hope I will be able to make my Eldar look close to that good.

Cheers