PDA

View Full Version : 2,250 Dawi'Zharr army.

The SkaerKrow
04-02-2007, 04:51
Ghoraz, Hammer of Obsidian
(1 Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) w/Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield and Black Gem of Gnar)

Bhorgoth, Bearer of the Burning Icon
(1 Chaos Dwarf Hero (BSB) w/ Armor of Gazrakh)

Hasthur, the Sulphurous Fist
(1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord (L4) w/ Talisman of Protection and Dispel Scroll on Lammasu)

Zharr, Pillar of Fire
(1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (L2) w/ Dispel Scroll)

----------

Hammers of Shadow
(19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/ Full Command)

Hammers of Flame

Hammers of Iron

Gitfang's Warband
(20 Hobgoblins w/ Shields and Musician)

Ratbiter Tribe

Dog Ear Tribe

Scarback Tribe

----------

Da Bad Toofs
(20 Orc Boyz w/ Shields and Full Command)

The Ogre Splitters
(2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers)

Doombringer
(1 Death Rocket)

----------

The Roar of Hashut
(1 Earthshaker)

Sons of the Sacred Bull
(6 Bull Centaurs w/ Heavy Armor, Standard and Champion)

Admittedly, this army is partially just an excuse to get my newly converted Lammasu onto the table ASAP. I've been toying around with the idea of dropping the Bull Centaurs and the Hobgoblin Musicians in favor of a block of DoW Leadbelchers. Usually I'd do something traditional and give my General the Armor of the Furnace, but we have a lot of Lord/Monster combos running around our group, and the idea of baiting one in on a prime charge only to smash it on static CR appeals to me. The Hobgoblins are there to form a wall of sacrificial chargers, screening the Chaos Dwarves and Orcs behind them.

Just felt like sharing, comments on the list are welcome.

tyrion11482
04-02-2007, 05:50
i dont know i think this looks good have fun with it

Von Wibble
04-02-2007, 13:18
iirc the lammasu costs 200pts for 2 attacks, and is carrying an expensive non combat model into combat... Asking for trouble.

Its the worst monster in the game with the possible exception of the zombie dragon. Its the one thing that should go. Which bearing in mind the fact you are taking the army to use the thing is unfortunate...

The SkaerKrow
04-02-2007, 19:10
Yeah, the Lammy doesn't exactly set the world on fire with its stats. Still, mobility is something the Chaos Dwarf army doesn't have a lot of, and a T5/W4 flyer w/ MR2 isn't that bad, though the points could go to something more devastating to be sure.

theDarkGeneral
04-02-2007, 19:41
Very cool list! Looks like more of a themed list then a Tournament one, but it'd be loads of fun to play with and against!

The lack of heavy shooting makes it much more fun for players to face...I just wrote a nasty list for my buddy...ouch...

The SkaerKrow
05-02-2007, 06:21
The lack of heavy shooting makes it much more fun for players to face...I just wrote a nasty list for my buddy...ouch...
For some reason, the people in my gaming group have actually been encouraging me to run two Earthshakers. I've made it a point not to, but if they keep pushing me towards it then I might just do so to show them why I'm reluctant to field two in my regular list.

Yeah, it's a theme list. All of my armies have fluff behind them. I ran a Tournament Style Dark Elf list for a while. Won lots of games, but it felt really dry. So here I am back, to giving my units names and my characters a bit of backstory.

druchii
05-02-2007, 07:02
For some reason, the people in my gaming group have actually been encouraging me to run two Earthshakers. I've made it a point not to, but if they keep pushing me towards it then I might just do so to show them why I'm reluctant to field two in my regular list.

Yeah, it's a theme list. All of my armies have fluff behind them. I ran a Tournament Style Dark Elf list for a while. Won lots of games, but it felt really dry. So here I am back, to giving my units names and my characters a bit of backstory.

I want you to run NO earthshakers for our game tomorrow. Seriously.

I don't think people are really pushing you to run two, but I think they're encouraging you to play how you want, and not attempt to cater to how your opponent wants you to play.

Because I want you to play just enough to lose, but still let me win, and be UBER-champion.

d

The SkaerKrow
05-02-2007, 07:23
I don't think people are really pushing you to run two, but I think they're encouraging you to play how you want,
No, seriously. Mike and CoCo want me to run two. No Bull Centaurs, two Earthshakers.

Set your Bretonnians to LIMPING SPEED! :chrome:

The SkaerKrow
08-02-2007, 06:36
If anyone cares to see how this list did during its first outing, I posted a Battle Report (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68329) in the General discussion section.