PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's 750pts. Tomb Kings.

MrBigMr
04-02-2007, 09:41
-Liche Priest, Hierophant = 115pts.
-Tomb Prince, Light Armor, Shield = 104pts.
-10x Skeletal Warriors = 80pts.
-15x Skeletal Warriors, Shields, Full Command = 145pts.
-15x Skeletal Warriors, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer = 135pts.
-2x Tomb Spider = 170pts.

= 749pts.

Does this work? I'm upgrading my Imperial Guard this spring and hopefully start my first WHFB army (due to the fact that there's so few 40K players around) next fall.
They'd all be converted. I like converting and modelling and fluffing. They'd have more of a South American indian style opposed to Egyptian. I'm gonna mix lots of Necron and Lizarmen parts.

Juhaaha
04-02-2007, 09:58
Tomb Kings don't really work in small games, cause they need 2 expensive charracters..

But your list seems quite good. but i would take Gw for your prince,cause them it could kill something.

MrBigMr
04-02-2007, 10:41
I know the whole Tomb King thing, but it's pretty much the only army I'm interested in FB. I'm not a real fantasy fan (any fantasy), but have to start on something.

DeathlessDraich
04-02-2007, 12:23
Welcome to the desert!
Will it work - i.e. provide reasonable opposition
Short answer. Not really, I'm afraid

1) TKings rely on magic and Summoning. All TK armies maximise the Incantations by having as many characters as possible. Add another Liche Priest.
2) Use Bowmen instead of Spearmen - they can shoot and then reform prior to being charged - a unit of 16-20 will be about right. You could have 2 units; both to hold in combat or 1 to hold while the other is 'sacrificial'. (10 models)
3) You do not need full commands for skellies. Std. bearer and champion if you really want to.
3) 1 Tomb Scorpion is ample at 750pts
4) Use the extra pts for a unit of Tomb Guard about 16 or so.

MrBigMr
04-02-2007, 16:59
Welcome to the desert!
Too bad these guys haven't even seen a desert. They come from a golden city to the south of the Land of the Dead, in the jungles. They're not realy undead, but living golden statues, which is why I use Necron Warriors as the base. Only thing that has something living in it, is the Tomb Prince/King, which will be a golden armor (Necron Pariah model) constructed around the corpse of the roalty.

Will it work - i.e. provide reasonable opposition
Short answer. Not really, I'm afraid
You know what, I wasn't expecting it to be a great thing.
But I welcome all help, even though I usualy won't take. I might as well upgrade to a 1000pts. since I know Tomb King are better in bigger games and the cost is already high (damn me and my fancy conversions!).
This is what I made trough your suggestions:
-Liche Priest, Hierophant, Hieratic Jar = 140pts.
-Tomb Prince, Light Armor, Shield, Great Weapon = 108pts.
-20x Skeletal Warriors, Shields, Champion, Standard Bearer = 180pts.
-Tomb Spider = 85pts.
= 673pts.

What next? I won't take Chariots as they won't fit my fluff (I'm realy anal that way. No wonder my Guard has trouble with heavy armor as I won't take Lascannons nor heavy tanks). I haven't heard much good towards the Tomb Guard. And what about the Tomb Swarms as some sacrifise? I know what Standard and Musician do, but what's the big idea behind the Champion?
Man, gimme a Leman Russ anyday over swords and sorcery...

MrBigMr
04-02-2007, 19:29
How's this for a 1000pts.?

-Liche Priest, Hierophant, Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll = 165pts.
-Tomb Prince, Light Armor, Shield, Great Weapon = 108pts.
-Tomb Spider = 85pts.
-3x Ushabti = 195pts.

= 993pts.

After doing some calculations, the price differense between 750pts. and 1000pts., so what the hell.