PDA

View Full Version : The Manly Dragon List 2, Now even manlier.

inq.serge
04-02-2007, 15:04
EDIT: new list: http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=239450
Any comments? (Please, say anything)

Wings of Doom
04-02-2007, 15:51
... Why?
It's not as if you're going to feasably collect this army, and it's just an enourmous mound of cheese. I mean, really there is absolutely no variation considering the points value.
No one would even consider playing this army, as far as I'm aware.

Apart from dwarven players with handfuls of strength seven bolt throwers.

What was the point of making this list?

inq.serge
04-02-2007, 15:55
What was the point of making this list?

It's manly.

Neknoh
04-02-2007, 18:06
methinks it be illegal, Egrimm has to be the general and he's got the Mark of Tzeentch

and do note, all dragon riders takes 1 Lord and 1 Hero choice

eyeolas
04-02-2007, 19:06
I think if anyone played this list, it would get creamed. With a modle count of 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will just get outnumbered at 10000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! points

inq.serge
04-02-2007, 19:50
I would realy want to excange Engrimm and Galrauch into something manlier rideing a dragon, any suggestions?

I can name those char.s after you (who makes them) if you want.

Neknoh
04-02-2007, 20:25
Well, first of all, give the Crown of Everlasting Conquest to the Nurgle Lord and the Blade of Blood to your pendant-totting Slaaneshi Lord

Then, an Undivided Lord with the Runeshield and Rending Sword, just to get rid of nasty dragon-slaying weapons ^^

In fact, redo the Nurgle Lord into:

Lord of Chaos, Mark of Nurgle, Hallberd, Armour of Tortured Souls, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, for mundane attacks, we are talking 4 wounds, toughness 6 and regeneration

Mephistofeles
04-02-2007, 20:37
Well...I have nothing good to say about this except:

It's darn manly!

Drow
05-02-2007, 00:02
i just have to ask!
Are you going to collect this list or did you just write it for fun?

feintstar
05-02-2007, 04:19
It isn't manly. Its a penis extension. While a large penis may seem manly, the very fact that it has been enlarged makes it rather the contrary.

True manliness comes from going to a 10 K game with 7 K points worth of T3 models and challenging the ultrapowrful Superstrong supertough list head on anyway. And LOSING, but by a hares breadth of margin. That's true manliness.

Mephistofeles
05-02-2007, 07:32
Penis enlargement is manly, haven't you read through your e-mail lately?

inq.serge
05-02-2007, 12:56
http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=239450

^Here's it redone, anything more I should add before posting it?

Chaos list with 10 dragons is manly!

Should I keep the chariots or make a knight/warrior army?

I would realy want to exchange Galrauch, any suggestions? (Must be dragon rideing, and a slaaneshi anti-knight shaggot is cool, but doesn't count, maybe ading an ordinary shaggot+ dragon rider?)

Inkosi
05-02-2007, 13:04
i never realise..

manly = pointless.

great, you came up with a 10000 pt list with 22 models.
so whos going to fight the 10000 pt battle with you??

another 10000 army with 20+ models??

pointless thread.

inq.serge
05-02-2007, 13:20
@ Inkosi:
Do you have any creative suggestions? I can exchange the chariots into warriors/marauders/knights/anything.

The important thing is not to make it a 22 model 10k army, the important thing is to have as many dragons as possible in a 10k list. Sure, I can have a horde, it is actualy named hordes of chaos, but I must have as many dragons as possible in 10k!

@ Drow: yes, I'm going to "Collect" this army, or at least sculpt all the dragons.

@ Feintdstar: There's nothing manly about loosing. To be superstrong and powerful without being a cheater and/or powergamer is manly.

@Neknoh: Since you remade my nurgle lord and added an undivided lord, you may name them.

Neknoh
05-02-2007, 20:36
nurgle would be:

Hrulfghaor Pussblood

Undivided could be something like Henrikor Starslayer

devolutionary
05-02-2007, 20:39
Some people miss the point of making a list for fun and for all mankind.

I LIKE it. You need some knights though, because they are manliness incarnate.

eyeolas
05-02-2007, 20:47
you could use the dogs of war mercinary dragon dude...

sphincter man
05-02-2007, 21:12
that is possibly the WORST amry i have ever seen for that many points!!!!

FORSHAME!!

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
06-02-2007, 01:02
Hey if you like it dont let them bully you into something else. Having fun is the main point of warhammer anyways. An you would have the cheapest 10,000pt army moneywise in the whole entire world :p

dominic_carrillo
06-02-2007, 01:14
i know a guy who has 14000 pts of Brettonians. call him up and play him!

Dranthar
06-02-2007, 06:26
Regarding chariots vs. knights vs. infantry, I'd say that chariots would be the least manly of the three. It's like those guys that drive around in their pimped out Commodores to try and prove to everyone how manly they are. Real men don't need to prove their manliness. Their manliness should instead be evident without having to resort to pimped rides.

Knights are more manly but I'd argue that the most manly men go on foot, since letting a horse carry them around is a sign of weakness and apathy. If you can't carry your own weight marching across half of the Old World before leaping straight into battle and slaughtering weak girly-men with your bare hands, and still have the energy to drink their fresh blood from cups made out of their girly skulls, then you aren't a real man.

inq.serge
06-02-2007, 09:32
Ok, warriors and some knights.

I like the warriors, they look cool from behind. (Has nothing to do with their manliness)

The dog of war dude is HE / WE / Empire / lizardmen only.

OK, this is the list so far: http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=239450

I have 2468 pts left,
I need:
*More dragons (The one who creates a dragon riding lord may name him)
*11+ Core units (Min one of each mark), some manly knights, but mostly manly warriors.
*Even more dragons
*Other manly stuff if there's room for them.

Sasha
06-02-2007, 09:44
I like the warriors, they look cool from behind.

this doesn't come across as all that manly

theDarkGeneral
06-02-2007, 19:57
14,000pts of Bretonnians?! Where does he live???

devolutionary
07-02-2007, 04:57
this doesn't come across as all that manly

That you would apply sexual thoughts to plastic models is a great shadow upon your own manliness. For shame, for shame!

Hellcannons are fairly manly (and expensive in game), perhaps look at them if you can find the points?

Latro
07-02-2007, 07:54
I tried to grasp the weight and volume involved in transporting an army like that ... and that's where my interest stopped.

:D

inq.serge
07-02-2007, 13:13
That you would apply sexual thoughts to plastic models is a great shadow upon your own manliness. For shame, for shame!

It's NOT sexual thoughts, I just said that they have cool cloaks/capes/mantles/whatchamaycallits.

Any suggestion for a dragon lord?

should I have all warrior core?

theDarkGeneral
07-02-2007, 15:41
Well, just some advice/suggestions...

I play a large Mega-Fantasy Battle at least once a month...usually starts off at least 10,000pts...

One of the biggest mis-conceptions is that tooled up Characters are going to win the day...they usually just die...they'll do something spectacular here and there, but then they'll die...

When I bring my Mortals at 10,000pts, it's 8 units of Khorne Warriors, 2 units of Khorne Knights and maybe a Chariot or Marauders...you're going to need the massed troops to help intimidate your foe...

Hope this helps, and hop you have fun with your game!

inq.serge
07-02-2007, 16:49
What about deleating the sorceror and taking one dragon lord and the rest in 5 warrior units and mass manly marauder?

Do you, theDarkGeneral (or anyone else here) know a good chaos lord on dragon? give an example, the winner gets his lord in my army and may name him.

the good thing about the gt/emp dragons is that the opponent need st5+ to wound them.:evilgrin:

devolutionary
07-02-2007, 18:11
It's NOT sexual thoughts, I just said that they have cool cloaks/capes/mantles/whatchamaycallits.

Any suggestion for a dragon lord?

should I have all warrior core?

No, I know thaqt, but the other guy implied that it was. That was who my comment was directed at :p

inq.serge
07-02-2007, 18:27
Sorry, my misstake.:o

What about killing the sorceror, geting a dragonlord @ +- 700pts and 6x140pts of marauders and 5x +-265pts of warriors?

Any sugggestions for a lord?

theDarkGeneral
07-02-2007, 18:38
Here's some Nasty Chaos Lord/Chaos Dragon Combos...

Chaos Lord (Undivided)
*Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Black Maul, Gaze of the Gods
*Chaos Dragon
This will be a Frenzied Chaos Lord with 6 Attacks at S(7) and a Frenzied Chaos Dragon with 7 Attacks at S(6)...not to mention the high Armor Saves/Ward Save for the Lord...

Chaos Lord (Khorne)
*Chaos Armor, Chaos Runeshield, Great Fang
*Chaos Dragon
Now this is a 6 Attack at S(5) No Armor Save Lord which negates all Magical Weapons in Base to Base with his Chaos Dragon...

Chaos Lord (Khorne)
*Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Berserker Sword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest
*Chaos Dragon
Keeping the Lord alive with a 2+ Armor Save, and a 4+ Regen while granting him an average of 8+ Attacks against most units at S(5)...plus the Chaos Dragons 6 Attacks at S(6)...

Chaos Lord (Undivided)
*Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Black Maul, Helm of Many Eyes
*Chaos Dragon
Go ahead and let them charge him...the Lord will swing first, and have 6 Attacks at S(7) while keeping a 2+ Armor Save...that should allow the Chaos Dragon to stay safe:evilgrin: ...and thus also attack...6 at S(6)...

Hope this helps...

theDarkGeneral
07-02-2007, 18:40
OH, forgot one...

Chaos Lord: (Khorne)
*Armor of Damnation, Shield, Chaos Runesword
*Chaos Dragon
It's not to bad when you have a total of 13 Attacks at S(6) from a Flying, Terror Causing model that you have to re-roll succesful hits against in Close Combat...

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 08:14
God damnit TDG! You basically took all tasty ones!

except for two

Lord of Slaanesh, Enchanted Shield, Rendingsword, Bindings of Slaanesh on Chaos Dragon

He can challenge anyone, even if in the second or third rank, or even further away, and they cannot refuse, when he charges, we are talking 5 strength 5 attacks causing D3 wounds plus another 6 strength 6 attacks from the Dragon, finally, something to turn Slanns into french meals with.

And, one of the most infamous of all

Lord of Chaos
- Mark of Tzeentch, Golden Eye, Staff of Change, Hallberd, Shield

need I say more?

inq.serge
08-02-2007, 13:25
Nice nice nice, but I already have the infamous tzeentch lord.

Unfortunetly, rending sword, armour of damnation, runeshield, Berserker Sword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest and Gaze of the Gods in the army,

I think I'll take this one, unless someone can make a good anti-slaaneshi-spasm and anti-sir draemknight (bret.lord with heroism and eighter anti-poison or anti-fire, and a good save)

Chaos Lord (Undivided)
*Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Black Maul, Helm of Many Eyes
*Chaos Dragon
Go ahead and let them charge him...the Lord will swing first, and have 6 Attacks at S(7) while keeping a 2+ Armor Save...that should allow the Chaos Dragon to stay safe ...and thus also attack...6 at S(6)...

http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=239450

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 13:55
Runesword+Enchanted Shield for a khornate Lord then?

inq.serge
08-02-2007, 15:35
Runesword+Enchanted Shield for a khornate Lord then?

Well I don't know who's best to take.

Both has frenzy, but IIRC, khorny frenzy don't effect the mount (or was it only in knights case?). And both are therefor immune to psych, and immune to spasms.

The khorny one has more attacks, but the und. gives the dragon an extra attack.

The khorny one has higher ws, but the und. has higher st, which I believe is better. Major differences in ws is that ws4 has better chance to hit the und.

And the und. strikes first (good against chargers), but the khorny one is not stupid.

The khorny one is also worth 25pts more.

Who should I take?

theDarkGeneral
08-02-2007, 19:39
You could Mark the Undivided one that I wrote up as a Khorne, and the Frenzy from the Black Maul will then effect the Chaos Dragon, the Frenzy from the Mark of Khorne won't...

But with the Helm of Many Eyes, the Khorne Marked Lord will still have to make a Stupidity test,...where as the Undivided gets to take the test, and if he fails, a re-roll is allowed via the Undivided Mark...

I prefer to have higher Strength and strike first...not much will be left to attack back, and making the Chaos Dragon Frenzied is just plain cool!

My thoughts...

Neknoh: Nice to see you on this board as well! LOL!!! Your Slaanesh Lord is nasty...

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 20:26
Why thank you TDG, found him when taking the "Lord+bindings+rendingsword on Steed" and making him one notch meaner to combat a perticullary cheesy frogplayer :angel:, turned the frog into filléte, not to mention the dragons Rank-breaking and R&F slaughtering :evilgrin:

I am more active a tactician on this board than on the Herdstone though, however, I have not been all that into fixing lists for a while, since I discovered all my aid funnelled lists down into one or two stereotypes, since then, I have been experimenting, and I must say, lately, I have been able to take lists that aren't stereotypes and improve on them without going the "marauders+warriors+horsemen" or "chosen knights+knights+mounted nettes" route

So, maybe I'll start helping out a bit more :skull:

I would very much appreciate your aid in my chaos tactica on this sight "a guide somethingsomething" or somesuch it is called :D

theDarkGeneral
08-02-2007, 23:18
Neknoh: I know what you mean about the "Stereo-Type" lists...I think I tend to go a bit of a different route with most of my lists anyways...I'll definately have to take a look at your article a little later tonight! Good to see another tactical minded person on this site...:skull: