PDA

View Full Version : Question about overrun and puruit to dificult terrain

ffarsight
05-02-2007, 10:03
HI, in my last battle i run into a situation we didnīt know how to solve.

This was the situation:

i charged a unit of high elves archers with my Arch Lector in a War Altar, i killed some guys and won the combat, they run and behind them is a large building, what happens?? My AL in the Alter is unbreakable and have hatred, soo i HAve to pursue... but do i pass around the bulding or do i have to run through it? because iīm in a chariot type of unit do i get the damage rolls?

And what if i totally kill the unit of archers and do a overun?, is it the same?

Thanks

jullevi
05-02-2007, 10:12
Buildings are impassable terrain for all unit types except infantry. Since you never enter the terrain, you don't take hits from it. I'd say you simply stop, as you can't go through it either.

If the terrain in question was difficult or very difficult terrain, you would take hits as you were forced to move through it. It's the same with overrun.

ffarsight
05-02-2007, 10:16
Thanks, so if it was say... a wood i would have to go through it and get hits, but in case of a building or a tower or impassable hill i would stop, i didnīt have to get the complete move by go around the terrain?

Thanks

EvC
05-02-2007, 10:29
Nah, stop at it, although you still catch your enemy if you rolled higher.

I once persued during a game with a Black Coach and rolled so high it ended up going through a river and ending up in a forest, for two lots of D6S5 hits! It just survived, but I couldn't move it for the rest of the game...

DeathlessDraich
05-02-2007, 14:53
Extending the original question, the rules do not clarify this:

If the fleeing distance, takes the fleers past the building, which rules should be enforced, fleeing rules or movement out of building rules?

ffarsight
05-02-2007, 14:58
well, i think the fleers are automatic destroyed when are fleeing to a building, arenīt they? the question was about pursuers.

DeathlessDraich
05-02-2007, 15:03
Not if they are infantry. Cavalry etc will be destroyed. The original question has already been answered.