PDA

View Full Version : New terminator Librarian! (pics inside)

Mozzamanx
05-02-2007, 15:10
Just saw this in advance orders, dunno if its already been posted

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060101330&orignav=9

Looks pretty good to me =P

superknijn
05-02-2007, 15:17
I've already seen him once ;)
He's one of the most over the top models I've ever seen, although that doesn't mean alot.
I mean, carrying a book that's almost certainly holy above it's head, when the most things that will be shot at him will be of the desintegrating kind absolutely baffels me. Isn't is smarter to leave the books at the battle barge, and record everything later?

I can understand battle banners, but doing a William Tell with your chapters' history is really too much.

artificer
05-02-2007, 15:36
He's one of the most over the top models I've ever seen, although that doesn't mean alot.
I mean, carrying a book that's almost certainly holy above it's head, when the most things that will be shot at him will be of the desintegrating kind absolutely baffels me. Isn't is smarter to leave the books at the battle barge, and record everything later?

I can understand battle banners, but doing a William Tell with your chapters' history is really too much.

my guess would be that it's either a copy (monks spent whole lifetimes re-copying and illuminating holy texts) or it would be protected by some sort of powerfield.

It's certainly a model that will draw major attention (and therefore, incoming fire:D ) on the tabletop.

CitizenNick
05-02-2007, 15:38
From the looks of it, that empty had will be a separate bit (What would you call it, a "casting hand"?). I'll think i'll order one for my Thousand Sons Sorcerer Lord.

Sling
05-02-2007, 16:02

Oh yeah I agree. Of course we can say "erm... there's a magnetic field protecting it", or "erm... he jumps ump, so that he get shot in his head and not the book", but it's just stupid. I could understand if he had it near his belt or something like that, but this one on his head is really, really dorky.

Jericho
05-02-2007, 16:05
If I had to guess, it (the "casting hand") would be a separate piece but attached to the tab under his feet so you can't order anything separately. That seems to be the new style for as many character models as they can manage :(

Cool model though, neat to see a stormbolter style combi-plasma gun. Should be handy for Dark Angels players.

Angel of the Black Parade
05-02-2007, 16:07
looks amazin! Hehe made for dark angels n all. I feel proud of my chapter, despite certain checkered histories....

Piousservant
05-02-2007, 16:11
Well, the book is either a copy of a book or just a symbol. No-one says it has to be the chapters history or anything of more than symbolic importance.

Really, really like the plasma combi. Looks very cool. Considering there are three different hand options (which is quite nice, didn't know there was going to be options) I imagine they'll be cast on a piece together rather than have one attached to the tab underneath.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
05-02-2007, 16:19
arghhh, another reason to persuade me to get a dark angel force

Lightbringer
05-02-2007, 17:19
If I had to guess, it (the "casting hand") would be a separate piece but attached to the tab under his feet so you can't order anything separately. That seems to be the new style for as many character models as they can manage :(

Cool model though, neat to see a stormbolter style combi-plasma gun. Should be handy for Dark Angels players.
Ive seen the Blister and i can tell u that the tree Weapons(stormbolter Combi Bolter and Hand) are together in a seperate sprue. Nothing to worry:p

Bregalad
05-02-2007, 17:21
Just saw this in advance orders, dunno if its already been posted
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060101330&orignav=9
Looks pretty good to me =P

Well, his pic is posted in rumours roundup since 16th December, so not really new. I would suggest to move this to the DA thread.

Stranger
05-02-2007, 17:24
But the roundup didn't include the weapon options you know :)

Onisuzume
05-02-2007, 18:05

Maybe the librarian is an codicer?

Oh yeah I agree. Of course we can say "erm... there's a magnetic field protecting it", or "erm... he jumps ump, so that he get shot in his head and not the book", but it's just stupid. I could understand if he had it near his belt or something like that, but this one on his head is really, really dorky.
Maybe the book comes with a build-in power field. (2+ invulnerable save)
Though I wonder how it'd fit in a book... (A power field is an invisible bubble of pure energy created by a large, cumbersome generator, which is barely man-portable.)

philbrad2
05-02-2007, 18:12
Nice find... Makes a nice change from the 'LEWWWWZZZER' pose.
So happy I advance ordered this off MAELSTROMGAMES :)

PhilB
:chrome:

Destris
05-02-2007, 18:14
Nice find... Makes a nice change from the 'LEWWWWZZZER' pose.

PhilB
:chrome:

That's the word I've been looking for!

The one word to describe just about every GW pose lately.

The "LEWWWZZZER" pose!

Brilliant. ;)
Steve

Shrike30
05-02-2007, 18:17
The model's pretty cool. I'll admit, the huge book is a little gauche, but it's nothing a pair of clippers and a file won't solve.

I really *don't* like the combi-plasma. The over-unders are attractive, and I can imagine the ergonomics/kinetics of their use, as the difference in shape of the two components is incorporated into the design. Side-by-sides that are different heights and lengths are just bizarre.

TBH, I don't like the double barrels on normal storm bolters, either :p Much rather just have one barrel with that big ammo bin representing the higher rate of fire.

Bloodthirster90
05-02-2007, 18:21
I...hate it. It's too busy, trying to look cool and instead looking like someone who stumbled through a library covered in tar...must have been blue tar, mind.

Fred_Scuttle
05-02-2007, 18:28
And he says......

In the NAME OF THE EMPERIOR - SIGN MY YEARBOOK!!! :p

Kidding aside - I really like the latest batch of Termi Characters - they fit the line well IMHO.....

Fred

Bloodthirster90
05-02-2007, 18:31
And he says......
In the NAME OF THE EMPEROR - SIGN MY YEARBOOK!!! :p

You sir, are getting sig'd

hiveminion
05-02-2007, 18:32
New Terminator LIBRARIAN?
I thought it was the new Typhus model...or a Great Unclean One...oh wait it's blue.

Anyway, even for a Terminator, this guy could use losing some weight:p

Haroith
05-02-2007, 18:39
this is one of my favorite models that has cme out lately, i also like the Chaplain model very much and ofcourse the MotRW on jetbike owns every model yet released

demicanadian
05-02-2007, 18:44
It's over-the-top and gothicly ridiculous with all the books strapped to the guy...

...which is why he's perfect for 40K & a Space Marine army. I will run a cheesy Fear of the Darkness Termie squad just because of this guy.

/every Space Marine is required to wear the Codex-specified quantity of "flair"

HiveTrygon
05-02-2007, 18:48
this is one of my favorite models that has cme out lately, i also like the Chaplain model very much and ofcourse the MotRW on jetbike owns every model yet released

I agree 100%, with this statement.

It's the best termmi librarian ever. I mean, his name says it all LIBRARIAN!!!! :angel:

I do like the model, all kidding aside.

Tymell
05-02-2007, 18:52
It's over-the-top and gothicly ridiculous with all the books strapped to the guy...

...which is why he's perfect for 40K & a Space Marine army. I will run a cheesy Fear of the Darkness Termie squad just because of this guy.

/every Space Marine is required to wear the Codex-specified quantity of "flair"

I agree with this point a lot. Yes, it is OTT and it does look cluttered with stuff, but since when does the 40K universe strive desperately for realism? It's something that should be borne in mind, but it is a fictional world after all, so why not let loose a little. He fits very well with how things tend to look, so I like him. :)

cybertron2000uk
05-02-2007, 19:18
not bad for 8 quid...it looks worth a tenner....

ive got to see this mini in person...nice extras....

its a mad scuplt...

Major Thom
05-02-2007, 19:23
I can't say that I like the model. Just too busy, little or no room for personal customization without major surgery.

Karhedron
05-02-2007, 19:25
Personally I think that is a pretty awesome model. Makes me kinda annoyed that I just finished adding 2 new Librarians to my army before they announced the DA revision. :( Still, the Jes Goodwin 2nd edition models are still classics.

superknijn
05-02-2007, 19:52
Don't get me wrong, I like a certain over-the-topness, but this is a bit too far for my liking.

Ah well, I'll simply not buy it and get on with my life :)

Lord Malek The Red Knight
05-02-2007, 20:07
with a Combi-plasma on the model (or at least on the sprue), hopefully this will highlight the Terminators + Rapid Fire Weapons rules-hole we have at present, and prompt someone at GW to fix it.

nice fig :) bit too much detail for someone as lazy as me, though. and is it just me, or does he look a little fat?

~ Tim

Brother Fenix
05-02-2007, 20:31
The model is alright, it is a little over the top, but I will probably buy it, although I'm gonna cut the head out and put a regular terminator helmet in there.(if I can)

Fred_Scuttle
05-02-2007, 20:53
More Good'er Picture - :D

You there - behind the grape stand - SIGN MY YEARBOOK!!!

cailus
05-02-2007, 21:31
I think it's one of the best looking 40K models around!

If my own personal Chapter didn't have such a hatred for psykers I would field one myself.

Shrike30
05-02-2007, 21:36
with a Combi-plasma on the model (or at least on the sprue), hopefully this will highlight the Terminators + Rapid Fire Weapons rules-hole we have at present, and prompt someone at GW to fix it.

What hole is that? Last time I checked, they were able to fire as if not moving, and then assault. Or am I wrong on this?

The weapons section of the BBB talks about this... how models that are allowed to use heavy/rapid weapons on the move as if they aren't moving can still charge.

John Vaughan
05-02-2007, 21:39
With that one model alone, I have to go store all of my money in the bank so I can't touch it. It is just TOO TEMPTING TO SPEND ALL I HAVE ON DARK ANGELS!!!

Kairo
05-02-2007, 21:46
Not a bad looking model. I'll probably pick one up for my Dark Angels.

John Vaughan
05-02-2007, 21:50
I'm taking one for my army fo sure! I was thinking of making him into a special character (I have my own chapter, could use some storyline!).

demicanadian
05-02-2007, 22:19
What hole is that? Last time I checked, they were able to fire as if not moving, and then assault. Or am I wrong on this?

The weapons section of the BBB talks about this... how models that are allowed to use heavy/rapid weapons on the move as if they aren't moving can still charge.

As I recall, it is explicit regarding Heavy-type weapons and certain types of infantry, like those in Tactical Dreadnought Armor. The description for Terminator Armor explicitly includes moving & firing with Heavy weapons. There's no explicit wording for Rapid Fire-type weaponry.

Slow & Purposeful allows you to fire as if you are stationary... but Termies aren't Slow & Purposeful.

Crisis Suit rules explicitly say that they can fire Rapid Fire weaponry & still move... so you can make a case that Termies can't move & fire with Rapid Fire weapons when outside of Rapid Fire range.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
05-02-2007, 23:05
As I recall, it is explicit regarding Heavy-type weapons and certain types of infantry, like those in Tactical Dreadnought Armor. The description for Terminator Armor explicitly includes moving & firing with Heavy weapons. There's no explicit wording for Rapid Fire-type weaponry.
yep, thats the problem: they can move and fire Heavy Weapons as if stationary, but if they move and fire (smaller, lighter) Rapid Fire Weapons instead, they still count as moving. :(

IMO if they can fire (bigger, heavier) Heavy Weapons as if stationary, they should be able to do the same with RF Weapons too... but the rules dont say so.

~ Tim

scopedog91
06-02-2007, 01:17
Yeah, I can fire an Assault Cannon and charge, but the bolter forces me to stand still...

House rules in these parts allow Termies to fire, and then charge.

This whole "RAW" rules as written thing will sink you if you let it...
That aside, like that Termie Libby...

ghost21
06-02-2007, 16:14
its a nice fig but i wish that it had come with a helmeted head

and im unsure weather the fallen have psykers

Yorkiebar
06-02-2007, 16:23
Er, why does he have what appears to be a Crozius? I don't play Marines but I'm sure they're for Chaplains...

I like the model by the way, but it really needs a garish 2nd edition colour scheme instead of a 'realistic' one.

Tymell
06-02-2007, 16:45
It's a side point, but does anyone else feel that the description of him on the UK online store...well, sucks? :p

I can't pin it down exactly, but it just feels like the sort of stuff I wrote about when I first got into Warhammer at the age of 8 and didn't have a clue what it was all about.

Bregalad
06-02-2007, 17:26
When discussing new preorder pics, here is the one for the "Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike":
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110101328&orignav=9
and all other DA releases:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301221&orignav=9

Arhalien
06-02-2007, 17:28
Sorry to take this right back to the start, but waht exactly is the LEWSSSSERRRRR pose that was metioned earlier? Does anyone have any pics of examples?

Yorkiebar
06-02-2007, 17:29
I don't like Master Sammael. Land Speeders at least attempt to look lightweight, whereas that is a brick. A flying brick. With a very chunky, heavy man riding it.

Bregalad
06-02-2007, 17:32
Think of it as a flying (Yorkie) candy bar ;)
(Sorry, couldn't help it :))

etham
06-02-2007, 18:00
I think that both of these models, the MotRW and the T-Librarian, are both very beautifully sculpted models that came out looking dumb. They can be brought back to the universe of awesome with about 10 hours of conversion a piece. I will probably end up getting two of each.

Carousel
06-02-2007, 19:47
I really like the new librarian (although I think I agree with the general consensus about that massive book). Sammael, though, not that great. Just lokks a bit silly IMO.The whole massive jetbike thing just doens't really work and is a bit too Judge Dredd. Well-sculpted, but the model just looks clunky.

lorbaat
07-02-2007, 03:36
I don't care for the MotRW. I think that Marines were better off without anti-grav bikes. Frankly, I'd like to see them lose Landspeeders, too. Anti-grav is clearly heretical alien witchery.

Tarquinn
07-02-2007, 07:28

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too. The book would be removed immediately, should I ever get that model (for my non-existant SM army).

I don't like Master Sammael. Land Speeders at least attempt to look lightweight, whereas that is a brick. A flying brick. With a very chunky, heavy man riding it.

I agree. I think he looks like he's riding a BFG imperial battleship.

Bob Hunk
07-02-2007, 07:49
I don't collect Space Marines (although a Deathwing army is tempting) but I love this model. Unfortunately, GW have once again made their latest release look bad in their on-line store. It looks better in the other photos IMHO.
Anyway, I strongly suspect I'll pick one of these up for painting and display. May have to lose the book though...

Er, why does he have what appears to be a Crozius? I don't play Marines but I'm sure they're for Chaplains...

It's a Force Weapon - a Force Rod in this case. Although I'll agree the the end bit does look a little like a Crozius. :)

Charax
07-02-2007, 08:09
It's a side point, but does anyone else feel that the description of him on the UK online store...well, sucks? :p

I can't pin it down exactly, but it just feels like the sort of stuff I wrote about when I first got into Warhammer at the age of 8 and didn't have a clue what it was all about.

Yeah, I don't like it either. So Librarians would never, ever choose to not be in Terminator armour?

I like the MotRW - although whoever said it looks like he's riding a battleship was dead on. It'll be interesting to see his components - I wonder to what extent the Jetbike can be separated from Samael, and if the front section will actually fit on an Imperial Battleship. It would look awesome.

Carousel
07-02-2007, 13:59
To Yorkiebar: It IS a force staff, you just can't see how long it is on the store pic. Look at the other one somewhere in this thread, it has a better angle

Arhalien
07-02-2007, 17:48
I'm still wondering about the aforementioned LEWZZERRRRR! pose. Does anyone know waht it is? :p

ArtificerArmour
07-02-2007, 18:48
He looks fat. Fatter than normal. Proof that hanging round in library's makes you skinny and frail...unless you've recently been dumped, buy cookie dough ice cream and roll up in your little bed whilst reading St Bridgette Jones and the purging of reason

GraveDancer
08-02-2007, 00:48
I agree with this point a lot. Yes, it is OTT and it does look cluttered with stuff, but since when does the 40K universe strive desperately for realism? It's something that should be borne in mind, but it is a fictional world after all, so why not let loose a little. He fits very well with how things tend to look, so I like him. :)

EXACTLY

these are fantasy models, sculpted to look good. not to make sense

Lyinar
08-02-2007, 01:06
Well, I don't exactly recall anyone ever saying that the Imperium had jetbikes that actually looked elegant... Just that they existed.

And one can pretty easily convert a Force Staff into an extremely cool and intimidating Force Spear by chopping off the top bit and adding the blade of Brother Captain Stern's Nemesis Sword and applying a nice wet-blended lightning pattern to it.

Azuremen
08-02-2007, 01:50
Too. Much. Clutter.

Just way too busy of a model I think... and he looks fat and mis shapen... with a small head o.O;

Not my fav, I'll say that much.

The Dude
08-02-2007, 02:08
Just way too busy of a model I think... and he looks fat and mis shapen... with a small head o.O;

Hes wearing a suit of foot-thick armour :confused:

Interrogator Bob
08-02-2007, 02:19
thats 1 chunky termi, goes well with the chaplain tho :0

Tymell
08-02-2007, 09:46

I was just about to say the same. I think most anyone in there will look like they have a small head (see Blood Angels codex front for prime example).

Arhalien
08-02-2007, 10:21
That's the word I've been looking for!

The one word to describe just about every GW pose lately.

The "LEWWWZZZER" pose!

Right, one last time, can anyone explain what the LEWWWZZZZZER pose is? ie, give an example of it just so I know what the hell Destris and PhilB are talking about? :mad:

cybertron2000uk
08-02-2007, 19:33
chaplain looks alot better than this....

just looks strange....

Haroith
08-02-2007, 19:55
Right, one last time, can anyone explain what the LEWWWZZZZZER pose is? ie, give an example of it just so I know what the hell Destris and PhilB are talking about? :mad:

yeah i was wondering the same thing for days:rolleyes: so what is it?

demicanadian
08-02-2007, 20:01
He's sort of making the "L" shape with his Pimp Hand.
(the Psyker hand... not the storm bolter hand, not the combi-bolter hand)

"L"... like OMG LEEEWWSERRRR!
/totally

Azuremen
09-02-2007, 02:59

I should correct myself... its smaller than I seem to recall on other models wearing terminator armor. So they either made the armor thicker... or him smaller :p... at least his head.

Of course, I think all marines should have a helmet option. I just don't see the point of taking of a nice solid helmet/face mask when

a) there may be no atmosphere
b) if there is, it could be bad...
c) it makes you stand out more... so you get shot more
d) dirt gets in your face
e) have to squint more cause of light

oh and

f) might get shot in the face by a pulse rifle, shuriken, las round, bolter, flamer, etc. :rolleyes:

This point should be noted more when half their head is bionics from previous war injuries.

Tarquinn
09-02-2007, 08:44
I should correct myself... its smaller than I seem to recall on other models wearing terminator armor. So they either made the armor thicker... or him smaller :p... at least his head.

Of course, I think all marines should have a helmet option. I just don't see the point of taking of a nice solid helmet/face mask when

a) there may be no atmosphere
b) if there is, it could be bad...
c) it makes you stand out more... so you get shot more
d) dirt gets in your face
e) have to squint more cause of light

oh and

f) might get shot in the face by a pulse rifle, shuriken, las round, bolter, flamer, etc. :rolleyes:

This point should be noted more when half their head is bionics from previous war injuries.

I agree with all these points.

Plus, I really suck at painting faces. :p

Gen.Steiner
09-02-2007, 12:54
I will get one. Eventually. I'll have to give him a helmet though, as I won't have Tactical Dreadnought troopers bimbling about with their fleshy parts on view.

Charax
09-02-2007, 13:01
helmetless librarians make no sense - if Librarians are such high-priority targets that they never refuse Terminator Armour, there must be a damned good reason they tend to go into battle without a helmet

The Emperor
09-02-2007, 13:21
Of course they wear helmets. Just because the miniature doesn't have a helmet on doesn't mean that Librarians go into battle without helmets. Just look at Ragnar Blackmane. No helmet on his miniature, but in one story I read he wore a helmet. They model miniatures without helmets for one reason and one reason only: To make those miniatures stand out even more from the regular troopers. That's it. It doesn't mean Librarians, Sergeants, Captains, etc go into battle without helmets.

The_Hrud
13-02-2007, 20:02
personally i love the model-he's huge and hard. you may think he looks fat, but then, i think terminator armour would make anyone look fat

rev
13-02-2007, 22:07
come on people, everyone knows that when you get to the rank of squad sgt or higher - you no longer wear a helmet.

Its just the rules.

Core_Commander
13-02-2007, 22:27
And every space marine of the rank of Brother Sergeant and above receive extensive training in catching pulse blasts, shurikens, bolts, and slugs with their teeth, with no harm done whatsoever. They also use las rounds for removing spots from their faces before Chapter parties, and I've also heard flamer fuel of any kind is considered a great delicacy among Adeptus Astartes, so going into battle without helmet has some added benefits.

But serioustly, this model is simply great. Looks powerful and menacing, unlike the old "please knock me over when I'm asleep" one.

foehammer888
13-02-2007, 22:29
Not wearing a helmet is all part of identifying with the "main character/hero" of the army, often refered to as the storm trooper effect. Soldiers with helmets are almost not identifiable as human, they have no recognizable features, show no emotion, and thus it helps people emotionally ignore the fact that when they are killed, a person actually died. They are expendable.

However, when you can see the face, there is more of a connection. That person is showing an emotion, they are in fact human. They are not one of a numberless horde. In real warfare, its what makes being a sniper so emotionally difficult. When a normal soldier fires at an enemy, its usually at a somewhat-humanoid shape in the distance. A sniper, however, sees there opponents face, their features.

With a helmet on, there is barely any difference between commander A and commander B other than maybe some bits on his armor.

Foehammer

DigitsDavid
13-02-2007, 22:32
Plus the fact he looks like a walking WH Smiths kiosk!

GraveDancer
13-02-2007, 22:44
Of course they wear helmets. Just because the miniature doesn't have a helmet on doesn't mean that Librarians go into battle without helmets. Just look at Ragnar Blackmane. No helmet on his miniature, but in one story I read he wore a helmet. They model miniatures without helmets for one reason and one reason only: To make those miniatures stand out even more from the regular troopers. That's it. It doesn't mean Librarians, Sergeants, Captains, etc go into battle without helmets.

EXACTLY. its purely for aesthetics, not practicality - this is a fantasy game, use the magical power of IMAGINATION woooooooooo

Core_Commander
13-02-2007, 22:51
Plus the fact he looks like a walking WH Smiths kiosk!

The association I prefer is "he looks like a small Dreadnought". Like in, a Tactical Dreadnought Armour ;) .

cybertron2000uk
14-02-2007, 16:45
must be the robes and bits and bobs on him that makes him look too fat...

hes going to be named fat psychic bob... ;) I can see it now....

Ill make a plastic one....

GodofWarTx
18-02-2007, 07:27
not a single new librarian model comes with a helmet, which really is a downer because seeing a Mark VII or Mark VIII set of power armor with a wicked, wired up and pyschic hooded helmet made you KNOW you were dealing with someone intense.

There is a certain disconfort about never seeing the face of an enemy either, just seeing a cold, expressionless grimace built into the breathing apperatus.

New Cult King
18-02-2007, 10:01
I think he would make an awesome Inquisitor... hmm... ideas.

Lastie
18-02-2007, 10:18
As always, whenever a nice loyalist model comes out I immediately start thinking on how to add spikes and Marks of Chaos to him. :evilgrin:

Lets face it, he makes one kickass Thousand Sons Sorcerer.

Chaos_Minds
19-02-2007, 00:45
That he would with a little converting. I think that GW shouldn't have used a force staff, seeing to much of that thank you. The model could be better off without the book over his head. Maybe if it was on the side of the model it would have been better.

t-tauri
19-02-2007, 17:12
Just a little add in but there's a pic in the new WD and the mini has two alternate weapons, a storm bolter and a combiplasma, which seem to replace the open hand. Nice to have the options.

AlphaLegion
19-02-2007, 21:02
I realy think they should make Librarian style models for chaos, that is one nice model, I prolly gonig to buy him then fix him up with some chaos bits.

NeoHunter
21-02-2007, 00:27
I like the Terminator Librarian.

Actually, I like Space Marines in Terminator armor. It makes them seem more powerful and gigantic.

So like I already have Captain Lysander and 5 Assault Terminators. Next on my list of Space Marines to buy are the Chaplain in Terminator armor and the Librarian in Terminator armor!

DA_WarM
22-02-2007, 01:42
The new terminator librarian is really nice. I don't now why it has a book over his head but the model is cool. Its so much more nice than the old one with its arms close to its body. The model has two arms choice along with the open hand. This model will be cool along the new terminator chaplain which I already use.....;)

whichraceisbetter
25-02-2007, 04:17
whoah never seen this one before awesome!