PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pt Wood Elves -> Using New Rules

Lord Anathir
18-07-2005, 19:59
This is a 2000Pt list for Woodelves using their new rules. Im looking for a competitive list, but i want to stay away from treemen, treekin as much as possible. The only reason ive got the dryads in their is the fact that they cause fear. Comments Please!

Tactics: Sit back and whittle down units with archery fire. Marchblock everything. Use the move and fire to full advantage by moving back and back. When I cant move back any more I will multi charge with a number of fear causing units hoping to autobreak.

10 Archers
120 Pts
10 Archers
120 Pts

*these guys sit in the centre of the table and pretty much go around and cause as many panic checks as possible. Depending on what kind of units hes got I will either attempt to wipe out support units OR shoot on rank and file in order to hope to autobreak with fear.

8 Dryads
96 Pts
8 Dryads
96 Pts
6 Wild Riders wFC
192 Pts
8 Wardancers
144 Pts
8 Wardancers
144 Pts

*These guys all cause FEAR (except wardancers). Therefore, numbers count. I dont want to take them in large units, as im hoping that missile fire can whittle the enemy down a little. Wardancers are there to kill things, get stuck in and cause some casualties. They're not that expensive, so if my opponent gets distracted a little by them, thats a good thing.

5 Waywatchers
120 Pts
3 Warhawk Riders
120 Pts
1 Eagle
50 Pts

*Warmachines, Mages, Marchblocking. I have waywatchers there to shoot at riders on mounts in hope of getting a killing blow or something. They have BS 5, so they'll cause 3 or 4 killing blows a game or something. It could be quite useful when shooting at knights or stuff.

5 Glade Riders
120 Pts
5 Glade Riders
120 Pts

* B-A-I-T oh, and they're fast cav with bows...so 5 more bow shots cant be that bad. Both on the flank that doesnt have wild riders.

Highborn Anathir, Alter Kindred, Great Weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Amaranthine Brooch, Moonstone of Hidden Ways + Light Armour
279 Pts

*Hes just ur uber combat character. On the charge, WS8, St 6, A6, M9, I9. If he gets into trouble, i can teleport him out of there. Plus, the moonstone is just cool. Teleportation is just cool. The model is just SWEET. Alter Kindred is uber SWEET. /rant

Lvl 1, Scroll x2
140 Pts
Lvl 1, Scroll, deepwood sphere
140 Pts

*Should be enough magic defense until i kill the mages. Ive got tons of units to do it. I have the deepwood sphere in there so i could put beside my unit of glade guard in the woods...and when they are assulted by something, he gets wrecked by strength 5 hits.

Commants on army list or tactical use please!!! Also, if anyone knows of a a better alternative to using dryads I would very much appreciate it!