PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point ogre list (help)

andy demoe
05-02-2007, 18:53
i am a new ogre player here is my first list 2000 points list
tyrant: hvy arm , wyrd neck , cath swrd , luck gnblr

butcher: dspl , skul mant

butcher: dspl , bngstk

bulls x3:2nd hand , blwr (butcher)

bullsx3: see above (butcher)

bullsx3: see above

bullsx3: see above

irongutsx5:stdrd , blwr , warbnnr , lookout gnblr (tyrant)

leadbelchersx2: blwr

leadbelchersx2: see above

leadblechersx2: see above

gorgerx1:

gorgerx1:

this is about 1914points what to do with other points? any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.(not to interested in gnoblars)

andy demoe
05-02-2007, 19:38
any one with some advice or help??

Gn0b
05-02-2007, 20:33
k, i got somthing. You should consider having a bruiser. Gut magic is nice, but not that great, as the miscast table includes losing spells from play.

Other than that, it looks great.

andy demoe
05-02-2007, 20:44
k, i got somthing. You should consider having a bruiser. Gut magic is nice, but not that great, as the miscast table includes losing spells from play.

Other than that, it looks great.

thank you for your input but how would you equip bruiser?

Kadrium
05-02-2007, 21:26
thank you for your input but how would you equip bruiser?

Don't take one.

A bruiser with equipment is 160-180 points at least.

A unit of 3 ironguts with a standard will cost you 164. I'll take the ironguts any day over the bruiser. And yeah, gut magic is that nice.

You should consider trimming some of your irongut unit. 5 + the Tyrant makes a unit of 6, which is just a huge pain to maneuver. Also, ogres in ranks are not a good way to spend points. Better they be in a different unit's front rank, able to fight and contribute wounds.

If it were my list, I'd drop one unit of leadbelchers. Two units of two is really plenty for a 2k army. Drop one or two ironguts out of the unit with your tyrant and put them with the points from the removed leadbelchers to give yourself two units, one of 3 and one of 3/4 ironguts. One hammer unit of 'guts is not enough in a 2k game, you should try to field a second.

If you're taking a Tyrant, I think you're really missing out by not taking a Tenderiser on him. The d3 wounds is just killer in challenges or against anything thats multi-wound.

The rest of your list looks great. Plenty of charge bait and screening. 2 butchers is definitely appropriate for a 2k game. Many people take 3 at 2k. Don't bother with the second bruiser. For the points, another unit of Ironguts will serve you much better.

9 ws3 str6 attacks with 9 wounds, or 4 ws5 str5 attacks with 4 wounds. I'll take the ironguts.

andy demoe
05-02-2007, 22:01
so how about this
tyrant:hvy arm,wyrd neck, tender,luck gnob
butcher:dspl,skul man
butcher:dspl,bngstck
bullsx3:belwr,2ndhnd wpn
bullsx3:see above(butcher)
bullsx3:see above(butcher)
bullsx3:see above
irongutsx3:stdrd,belwr,wrbnnr,lokout gnob(tyrant)
irongutsx4:belwr,lokout gnob
leadbelchersx2:belwr
leadbelchersx2:see above
gorger:
gorger:

andy demoe
06-02-2007, 00:52
any more feed back or info would be greatly appreciated

Kadrium
06-02-2007, 14:33
That looks great. No adjustments I can suggest, it's a solid all-comers list.

Edit: I may be off here, but my quick math puts you at 1965 points.

Here's what I'd do with those extras:

Drop the bellowers from your ironguts. Ironguts should be entering combats with supporting side charges from a unit of bulls and winning like crazy. If your ironguts are in a position where you need to rally them enough to put a bellower in the unit, you need better tactics and not a bellower. If you drop both bellowers, you have 55 points.

For 54 points, pick up a unit of gnoblar trappers. They're just about the best spent points in an entire ogre army.

Avian
06-02-2007, 15:44
It seems to me that you have too few units that are capable of doing well on your own and you are too dependant on getting flank charges, which you will have little chance of getting except against inexperienced opponents. You only have two units that pack a decent punch and I doubt that's enough.

If you want a better list, take a couple of units of Gnoblars (Fighters and Trappers) and/or tool up more units to fight.

theDarkGeneral
06-02-2007, 17:30
Not a bad list andy demoe, but it's lacking flexability...

I'd suggest this...

*Gnoblars: 1 unit to add some Rank Bonus and Unit Strength to your Army...and they don't cause Panic checks in your list...

*Gnoblar Trappers: Scouting is very important, helps slow your foe...

*Yhetees: They ignore most Terrain Features...this means that means M(7) is going to get there fast!

*Gorgers: They're ability to appear from any table edge is huge...and they're Unbreakable with Killing Blow!

Hope this helps...

andy demoe
06-02-2007, 18:18
thank you for your input will take a look at some trappers.can any of you suggest where i might find tactical info on ogres?by this i mean where i can read some experienced ogre player's tactics (ex:links on warseer)

theDarkGeneral
06-02-2007, 19:53
I wouldn't know myself on where to look here, but there are some nice Ogre Kingdom websites you can visit...

http://wildkingdoms.proboards12.com/

Hope this helps...

andy demoe
06-02-2007, 19:58
I wouldn't know myself on where to look here, but there are some nice Ogre Kingdom websites you can visit...

http://wildkingdoms.proboards12.com/

Hope this helps...

thanks for that info.

Muntz78
06-02-2007, 20:33
I would recommend looking on here.....

http://www.ogrestronghold.com/

good luck - I am about to start an ogre army too !

theDarkGeneral
06-02-2007, 20:53
I believe the OgreStronghold is a much better site...I just checked the one I posted up and it looks dead...

andy demoe
06-02-2007, 21:17
thanks guys ogre stronghold looks like it will help out greatly!